Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Guest Scout Maker

Re: FA Cup

Mate' date=' if it wasn't for that bent ref we'd have won!![/quote']

You didn't score though? So draw perhaps?

Anyway you know that for the penalty, if he gave a free kick, Ambrose would have smashed it in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forest at home today :) Believe in our lads to get us through to the next round! :D

Phil Brown is expecting to bring in around six new names, with Sean Gregan the fans choice. Im not there today as Ive been given the day off due to dwindling ticket sales. Id like a decent cup run but the league has to be priority.

Phil Brown is expecting to bring in around six new names' date=' with Sean Gregan the fans choice. Im not there today as Ive been given the day off due to dwindling ticket sales. Id like a decent cup run but the league has to be priority.[/quote']

Nathan Ellington was training with us it said in the evening post B)

Possibly the softest penalty I've ever seen given. Only against Leeds. If it hadn't be the for farce seconds before it would never have been given.

Dowd is a complete tosspot. Can't handle big games.

same old same old , love it how he attempted to give a penalty when it was a offside then for the second allowed walcott to run on for about 6 yards untill the play was dead before giving it , just annoys me how if a crowd of that size gets on the back of the ref they feel inclined to please the crowd and award the penalty feeling a bit let down to be honest.

I thought the second one was a penalty' date=' he clearly tugged on Walcott's arm and stopped him getting a clear shot on goal.

[/quote']

i'm sorry but in all fairness it was a very very light tug at that and to be honest after the initial 'tug' he pulled his momentum forward and continued with the run before finally having the run saved , im not going to argue all day i'm just making my point if arsenal where one nil up and that had happened up the other end what would the out come of been personally i think that the ref would have waved it away :rolleyes:

i'm sorry but in all fairness it was a very very light tug at that and to be honest after the initial 'tug' he pulled his momentum forward and continued with the run before finally having the run saved ' date=' im not going to argue all day i'm just making my point if arsenal where one nil up and that had happened up the other end what would the out come of been personally i think that the ref would have waved it away :rolleyes:[/quote']

It was only a slight tug but it knocked Walcott off balance, he would have had a much simpler chance without it. His momentum carried him forward, but he was falling when he went for goal.

i'm sorry but in all fairness it was a very very light tug at that and to be honest after the initial 'tug' he pulled his momentum forward and continued with the run before finally having the run saved:

So because a player stayed on his feet your saying its not a foul. He tugged him, simple as. Id be infuriated to if a villa player did that, but at the end of the day that is a penalty, and just because Walcott didnt go down doesnt change that fact. He played the advantage and played it well IMO.

That tug did effect his direction and momentum, whether he would of finished is another story and irrelevant anyway.

It was a penalty.... :o

Did yourselves proud though ! You lot should rough em up, up north :P

i'm sorry but in all fairness it was a very very light tug at that and to be honest after the initial 'tug' he pulled his momentum forward and continued with the run before finally having the run saved ' date=' im not going to argue all day i'm just making my point if arsenal where one nil up and that had happened up the other end what would the out come of been personally i think that the ref would have waved it away :rolleyes:[/quote']

As a neutral and referee myself I can tell you that it was a clear foul and penalty was the right decision. When a player is running at speed even the smallest tug on a shirt will put a player off balance and affect their chance of scoring. Phil Dowd is a very good referee and extremely strong willed man. He would certainly not be influenced by a previous occurrence. If anyone should be blamed it should be the Leeds player who made the needless tug in the first place.

It was only a slight tug but it knocked Walcott off balance' date=' he would have had a much simpler chance without it. His momentum carried him forward, but he was falling when he went for goal.[/quote']
So because a player stayed on his feet your saying its not a foul. He tugged him' date=' simple as. Id be infuriated to if a villa player did that, but at the end of the day that is a penalty, and just because Walcott didnt go down doesnt change that fact. He played the advantage and played it well IMO.

That tug did effect his direction and momentum, whether he would of finished is another story and irrelevant anyway.

It was a penalty.... :o

Did yourselves proud though ! You lot should rough em up, up north :P[/quote']

As a neutral and referee myself I can tell you that it was a clear foul and penalty was the right decision. When a player is running at speed even the smallest tug on a shirt will put a player off balance and affect their chance of scoring. Phil Dowd is a very good referee and extremely strong willed man. He would certainly not be influenced by a previous occurrence. If anyone should be blamed it should be the Leeds player who made the needless tug in the first place.

alright alright alright lads back off back off :P

ill give in but to be fair i think it was light , but in general i think leeds played well today we absorbed the arsenal pressure quite well if we can go back and do that in the replay then i think we have a genuine chance of getting that 1-0 or 2-1 win over arsenal :)

It was a penalty, however tugs like that happen at every single corner, every single free-kick, all the bleeding time, and they are never given.

If it hadn't been the for the mess up seconds earlier where he thought the lino flagged for a penalty then I doubt he would have given the penalty.

Tbh I'm gutted. A draw is the worst possible result, just more frickin' fixture congestion.