Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Yey Reading beat WBA 1-0 Shane Long

25th goal of the season.

That was Shane Long's 13th goal of the season :rolleyes:

Is the game on ITV tomorrow or have SKY pinched it?

ITV have all the rights' date=' it'll be a great game

Liverpool Line-Up Prediction:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher Aurelio

Meireles J.Cole

Pacheco Gerrard Kuyt

Torres

Manchester United Line-Up Prediction:

Kuszczak

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Gibson Carrick Anderson

Giggs

Berbatov Hernandez

Well according to soccerway he has 10 championship goals' date=' so unless he has scored 14 goals in the few cup rounds he has played in i very much doubt the papers are right.[/quote']

http://www.soccerway.com/players/shane-long/2586/

sj's right hes played 24 games in the leauge and scored 10 so if your trying to say hes scored 15 games in cup ?:rolleyes:

My father told me that so I checked the paper and he made a mistake it was games not goals. Sorry Lads :P

My father told me that so I checked the paper and he made a mistake it was games not goals. Sorry Lads :P

I messed up myself' date=' i included two international goals so he's scored 11 goals this season for Reading and the goal today was his only cup goal.

[url']http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=41355[/url]

Just watched the FA Cup highlights:

Tiote's challenge was 100% a red card. You simply cannot jump into a tackle in that manner. The fact that he got the ball is irrelevent. He is not in control and is in severe danger of breaking the Stevenage player's leg should he make contact. Shocking tackle.

The Arsenal penalty was a penalty for me. If the Leeds defender hadn't have dragged Walcott's arm back, he wouldn't have fallen off balance and would have had a clearer sight at goal. Right decision, although I would concede that it's not entirely consistant with other similar calls.

Being a Newcastle supporter todays game to me was just hilarious. Best possible team we could of put out and we looked like we were the League 2 side today. Joey Barton the only one seemed to put in the effort and his goal proved it, what a fantastic goal it was too! Tiote's challenge was 100% a red card, it was such a foolish move on his behalf! Stevenage on the other hand at times played some really good football and wouldn't surprise me if they make another upset in the next round!

Newcastle United will have to completely forget this game! Start thinking about next sunday the return fixture of the tyne wear derby against the Mackems! Let's hope its the same outcome as at St James' Park!

COME ON THE TOON!

Wow Leyton Orient actually managed to beat Norwich! Considering our poor away record and the fact Norwich are third in the championship' date=' this is a cracking result! :D Bring on the big guns in 4th round![/quote']

It's a good result, but it's not the biggest shock of the day like Talksport were talking about it. This was prior to the Stevenage win, but surely it was the Notts County - Sunderland match. Norwich are doing well, but they don't have much strength in depth.

Also Swansea were the last shown team in the 3rd round, there was a 2nd round game shown afterwards but surely it wasn't the worst game of the day. It was 4-0, shown behind Torquay 1-0 Carlisle United.

Just watched the FA Cup highlights:

Tiote's challenge was 100% a red card. You simply cannot jump into a tackle in that manner. The fact that he got the ball is irrelevent. He is not in control and is in severe danger of breaking the Stevenage player's leg should he make contact. Shocking tackle.

Being a Newcastle supporter todays game to me was just hilarious. Best possible team we could of put out and we looked like we were the League 2 side today. Joey Barton the only one seemed to put in the effort and his goal proved it' date=' what a fantastic goal it was too! Tiote's challenge was 100% a red card, it was such a foolish move on his behalf! Stevenage on the other hand at times played some really good football and wouldn't surprise me if they make another upset in the next round!

Newcastle United will have to completely forget this game! Start thinking about next sunday the return fixture of the tyne wear derby against the Mackems! Let's hope its the same outcome as at St James' Park!

COME ON THE TOON![/quote']

After seeing it again, I still think its the worst red card I have seen a Newcastle player given. If he wasn't in control of himself then the law says its wreckles. I think he was. He started high, yes, but the fact that when he made contact his foot was on the floor, no studs showing tells me it was a great tackle.

Just my honest opinion. It wont be changed either.:)

After seeing it again' date=' I still think its the worst red card I have seen a Newcastle player given. If he wasn't in control of himself then the law says its wreckles. I think he was. He started high, yes, but the fact that when he made contact his foot was on the floor, no studs showing tells me it was a great tackle.

Just my honest opinion. It wont be changed either.:)[/quote']

It's a really interesting red card. The fact is that he lunged, and it was reckless but unless the player stepped across him Tiote was never going to make contact with him first. I think he was in control judging by the way he hooked his foot around the ball to stop the other guy getting it. I think it's harsh but I can fully understand why the ref gave it.

After seeing it again' date=' I still think its the worst red card I have seen a Newcastle player given. If he wasn't in control of himself then the law says its wreckles. I think he was. He started high, yes, but the fact that when he made contact his foot was on the floor, no studs showing tells me it was a great tackle.

Just my honest opinion. It wont be changed either.:)[/quote']

I thought he clearly won the ball, it was a good tackle, a very good tackle. He started high to help him win the ball and he wasn't reckless in making the tackle.