Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Just watched the FA Cup highlights:

Tiote's challenge was 100% a red card. You simply cannot jump into a tackle in that manner. The fact that he got the ball is irrelevent. He is not in control and is in severe danger of breaking the Stevenage player's leg should he make contact. Shocking tackle.

The Arsenal penalty was a penalty for me. If the Leeds defender hadn't have dragged Walcott's arm back' date=' he wouldn't have fallen off balance and would have had a clearer sight at goal. Right decision, although I would concede that it's not entirely consistant with other similar calls.[/quote']

Spot on.

When giving a foul referee's have to put the tackle in a category to decide whether a card is needed and if so whether it's yellow or red. These are the guidelines given:

“Careless” indicates that the player has not exercised due caution in making a play.

“Reckless” means that the player has made unnatural movements designed to intimidate an opponent or to gain an unfair advantage.

“Involving excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the use of force necessary to make a fair play for the ball and has placed the opponent in considerable danger of bodily harm.

Careless: Miss timed challenge. Player went for the ball, but the challenge was late. No damage done. Foul, No card.

Reckless: Player makes a challenge knowing he's got no (or little) chance of winning the tackle. The challenge is unnecessary and cause potentially cause injury. Yellow Card

Excessive force: A player lunges in at a speed that could cause a player a serious injury. Whether he wins the ball or not is irrelevant. Red Card

Based on that the red card is definitely correct.

Once again El-Hadji Diouf proves himself to be a complete scumbag.

Jamie Mackie suffers a double fracture of his leg, and Diouf starts abusing him and calling him a disgrace :rolleyes:

This coming from the idiot that whilst playing in France was convicted of driving without a licence, and in England has found guilty of spitting on Arjan de Zeeuw, and fans of both Celtic and Middlesbrough, has been accused of racism towards a ball-boy, and then arrested and charged with more motor offences in April last year.

No Diouf, you are the disgrace and the sooner this scum is kicked out of the British football, the better. He's had far too many chances and it's time Blackburn had enough and get rid of him. Sack the moron and hope that nobody else is stupid enough to sign him.

I rarely agree with Neil Warnock, but it's hard to argue with this quote;

"I think for many years I think he's been the 'gutter' type of boy. I was going to call him a sewer rat, but that might insult the sewer rats. I think he's the lowest of the low.

After seeing it again' date=' I still think its the worst red card I have seen a Newcastle player given. If he wasn't in control of himself then the law says its wreckles. I think he was. He started high, yes, but the fact that when he made contact his foot was on the floor, no studs showing tells me it was a great tackle.

Just my honest opinion. It wont be changed either.:)[/quote']

Sorry Dai, but if players continue to lunge into tackles the way Tiote did then more and more players are going to get seriously hurt. Tackles like that need to be stamped out of the game, otherwise younger players are going to think they are acceptable. You never, ever get taught to jump with both feet off the ground into a tackle like that, so Tiote doesn't have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun).

Jamie Mackie suffers a double fracture of his leg' date=' and Diouf starts abusing him and calling him a disgrace :rolleyes:

This coming from the idiot that whilst playing in France was convicted of driving without a licence, and in England has found guilty of spitting on Arjan de Zeeuw, and fans of both Celtic and Middlesbrough, has been accused of racism towards a ball-boy, and then arrested and charged with more motor offences in April last year.

No Diouf, you are the disgrace and the sooner this scum is kicked out of the British football, the better. He's had far too many chances and it's time Blackburn had enough and get rid of him. Sack the moron and hope that nobody else is stupid enough to sign him.

I rarely agree with Neil Warnock, but it's hard to argue with this quote;[/quote']

For the first time in my life, I think I'm agreeing with something Warnock has said!

Liverpool Line-Up Prediction:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher Aurelio

Meireles J.Cole

Pacheco Gerrard Kuyt

Torres

Manchester United Line-Up Prediction:

Kuszczak

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Gibson Carrick Anderson

Giggs

Berbatov Hernandez

Liverpool correct - 7/11

Man. United correct - 8/11

Shocking penalty, why does Howard Webb continue to referee big Man. United matches :confused:

I think this is very similar to the Walcott penalty. Definitely contact (so you can argue a penalty is the right decision) but Berbatov certainly milked it. Don't know why Agger made the challenge in the first place; Berbatov had lost control of the ball and was running away from goal...

This is the key really isn't it? Webb will probably get a lot of stick for this (not helped by Jim Beglin's bleating on ITV) but Agger made contact when there was absolutely no need to do so. Stupid challenge and he got what he deserved, the referee is perfectly entitled to give it.

I think this is very similar to the Walcott penalty. Definitely contact (so you can argue a penalty is the right decision) but Berbatov certainly milked it. Don't know why Agger made the challenge in the first place; Berbatov had lost control of the ball and was running away from goal...

Walcott was in a dangerous position, Berbatov wasn't and he didn't make any sort of attempt to do anything other then fall to the floor. It was never a penalty, and infact Berbatov should be given a yellow card for that.

Walcott was in a dangerous position' date=' Berbatov wasn't and he didn't make any sort of attempt to do anything other then fall to the floor. It was never a penalty, and infact Berbatov should be given a yellow card for that.[/quote']

There was contact though..... that would open up a whole can of worms if refs started booking people for going down IF contact was made.

Walcott was in a dangerous position' date=' Berbatov wasn't and he didn't make any sort of attempt to do anything other then fall to the floor. It was never a penalty, and infact Berbatov should be given a yellow card for that.[/quote']

It's still in the penalty area :confused: Diving directly in front of goal is no different to diving right on the edge of the area... Point is, Agger made contact and Webb is right to give the penalty. The fact that Berbatov milked it is disappointing but understandable considering he was going nowhere with the ball.

Jamie Mackie suffers a double fracture of his leg' date=' and Diouf starts abusing him and calling him a disgrace :rolleyes:

I rarely agree with Neil Warnock, but it's hard to argue with this quote;[/quote']

Having seen Warnocks quote this morning I originally thought he was going off on one of his little rants, but having seen the incident I wholeheartedly agree with Warnock. Diouf is just a joke of a player and should never have been brought to the premiership in the first place, thank you Mr Houllier!

There was contact though..... that would open up a whole can of worms if refs started booking people for going down IF contact was made.

^ This

It's still in the penalty area :confused: Diving directly in front of goal is no different to diving right on the edge of the area... Point is' date=' Agger made contact and Webb is right to give the penalty. The fact that Berbatov milked it is disappointing but understandable considering he was going nowhere with the ball.[/quote']

^ and this.

He's exaggerated the contact, which he's perfectly entitled to do once Agger has gotten himself into such a ridiculous position.

Maybe it's dishonest but it's also professional. An if we're talking dishonesty then what is Agger running to the ref claiming no contact when he's clearly touched the striker? Nobody ever seems quite as incensed about that as they do the evils of diving though.

Yes Gerrard jumped in a little rashly' date=' but so did Michael Carrick. Gerrard was just in a far better position to win the ball and Carrick clattered into Gerrard hurting himself.

No way is that a red card, there needs to be a sub to compensate for that red card. Webb off.[/quote']

He's off the ground completely and has no control over what he does. If Carrick takes the ball first and Gerrard goes into his leg, his career's over. Very dangerous tackle. Webb's got both decisions right...

If ITV are going to let Jim Beglin do these games then at least make him take off his Liverpool tinted specs first' date=' woeful. (and for the record I'd like them to win this, but at least try to sound impartial if it's your job.)

Right decision again, moronic from Gerrard.[/quote']

Then Andy Gray should take off his United tinted glasses thats why I can't watch Sky Sports, Jim Beglin can do what he wants

If ITV are going to let Jim Beglin do these games then at least make him take off his Liverpool tinted specs first' date=' woeful. (and for the record I'd like them to win this, but at least try to sound impartial if it's your job.)

Right decision again, moronic from Gerrard.[/quote']

Ok then Rafael & Carrick both need to be sent off, as does Darren Fletcher.

If that was been given as a yellow then nothing would be said. It's clearly a bookable offence, for me it was more like is he going to give him a yellow, or is he going to let him off and then he pulled out the red.