Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Then Andy Gray should take off his United tinted glasses thats why I can't watch Sky Sports' date=' Jim Beglin can do what he wants[/quote']

Of course he can, but he's paid to give an impartial view of the game and he's failing miserably. Andy Gray doing the same (and I've heard him accused of being bias towards United, Everton, Villa and Liverpool at various times, for what it's worth) doesn't give him carte blanche to do so.

In fairness he's actually toned it down having seen replays of the Gerrard sending off, but his initial verdict of no penalty and no red card were a little bit silly and clearly not objective.

Ok then Rafael & Carrick both need to be sent off' date=' as does Darren Fletcher.

If that was been given as a yellow then nothing would be said. It's clearly a bookable offence, for me it was more like is he going to give him a yellow, or is he going to let him off and then he pulled out the red.[/quote']

It's reckless and he's not in control of the challenge. To the letter of the law it's a red all day.

Edit: I don't know what Fletcher should be sent off for but Rafael's was perhaps a yellow at worst. If you're trying to suggest that both tackles are the same then you're way off. Carrick got their first and was far more controlled.

Mountain to climb for Liverpool now - in need of a super sub?

Also' date=' just joined, how do you edit the the text underneath your Forum name? Where mine says 'New Signing!' Help appreciated.[/quote']

Go to Edit your details on your User CP and you'll find the place to type it in. (Custom User Title, near the top)

Yes Gerrard jumped in a little rashly' date=' but so did Michael Carrick. Gerrard was just in a far better position to win the ball and Carrick clattered into Gerrard hurting himself.

No way is that a red card, there needs to be a sub to compensate for that red card. Webb off.[/quote']

Such a bad evaluation of the situation. Gerrard lunged in with two feet off the floor. Carrick executed a normal, safe tackle.

The Rafael tackle was more interesting. He jumped in with two feet as well, albeit in a different vein. If he'd have mis-timed that and landed on Meireles' ankle, then that's a red as well.

I honestly don't know where some of these so-called professionals learn how to tackle.

GOAL!!!!!

Andros Townsend! He's on it today. 1-0 to the Tottenham. COYS!

Christ, if he's no longer at Ipswich they must be in real trouble. When we beat them 3-1 away from home on the tele he was brilliant, but unfortunatly for Ipswich he was only player who put in a shift.

He's a better play then Danny Rose for sure, at the same level as John Bostock.

Arghhh Leyton's away to Swansea! Another away game :(

We'll be happier with that draw by far. We beat a side much higher up in the League 1 table in Colchester United in the 3rd round, so i can't see us not progressing. We obviously have to turn up as Orient beat Norwich, and if we don't turn up we might have to deal with a replay.

But i'm confident that we can progress and reach the Last 16.

4th round ties to be played on the weekend of the 29th and 30th of January.

Torquay United v Crawley Town or Derby County

Watford v Brighton and Hove Albion

Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic

Arsenal or Leeds v Huddersfield Town

Fulham v Tottenham

Everton v Chelsea or Ipswich

Southampton v Manchester United

Swansea City v Leyton Orient

Burnley v Burton Albion

Birmingham City v Coventry City

Doncaster or Wolves v Stoke or Cardiff

Notts County v Leicester City or Manchester City

Stevenage v Reading

Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers

West Ham United v Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe Wanderers or Hereford United

We'll be happier with that draw by far. We beat a side much higher up in the League 1 table in Colchester United in the 3rd round' date=' so i can't see us not progressing. We obviously have to turn up as Orient beat Norwich, and if we don't turn up we might have to deal with a replay.

But i'm confident that we can progress and reach the Last 16.[/quote']

Yes to be honest I can't see us progressing either. Unless we play defensive and get a draw and hopefully do the business at home :o