• Bristol Rovers v Southampton
  • Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
  • Liverpool v Barnsley
  • Manchester United v Arsenal
  • Preston North End v Portsmouth
  • Coventry City v WBA
  • Chelsea v Huddersfield

Of course they are all important ties for each of the clubs but i think and don't think anyone would disagree with me in that there is one absolutely massive tie and yes that is Manchester United .vs. Arsenal. It is sure to be a great game as both sides will be without a doubt playing there 1st teams and looking to win' date=' but will home advantage be the key for Manchester United? The other two top 4 teams have relatively easy draws with Liverpool facing Barnsley and Chelsea facing Huddersfield. Apart from those 2 ties the other 6 are all wide open. Bristol are the lowest ranked team in the draw but a home tie against a championship opposition in the form of Southampton will give them hope, but still Southampton are favorites to come out on top. Cardiff .vs. Wolves throws up another non premier league team tie and once again both sides will fancy there chances. Sheffield United the ex premier league team will face Middlesbrough at home. United will be hopping that they can once again defeat a premier league team to progress. PNE face Portsmouth in a game that Portsmouth will be looking to win but once again nothing is certain. PNE defeated premier league opposition in the last round and Portsmouth found it tough against championship side Plymouth. So this is another game for the taking. Coventry City face fellow championship team WBA the championship's top scoring team WBA will be hopping they can net a few goals to advance but Coventries star man Midsfud will be providing and scoring goals at the other.[/quote']

Preston v Pompey :D

Im trying to get hold of tickets for 'Nugents return'

My predictions

Bristol Rovers v Southampton [southampton win]

Cardiff v Wolves [Wolves win after replay]

Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough [Middlesbrough win]

Liverpool v Barnsley [Liverpool win]

Man Utd v Arsenal [united win]

PNE v Pompey [Portsmouth win]

Coventry v WBA [WBA win]

Chelsea v Huddersfield [Chelsea win]

Re: FA Cup

Preston v Pompey :D

Im trying to get hold of tickets for 'Nugents return'

My predictions

Bristol Rovers v Southampton [southampton win]

Cardiff v Wolves [Wolves win after replay]

Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough [Middlesbrough win]

Liverpool v Barnsley [Liverpool win]

Man Utd v Arsenal [united win]

PNE v Pompey [Portsmouth win]

Coventry v WBA [WBA win]

Chelsea v Huddersfield [Chelsea win]

Looks like your going for all the favourites!

My predictions are

Bristol Rovers v Southampton Bristol Win

Cardiff v Wolves Cardiff Win

Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough Blades Win (Obviously Going :D)

Liverpool v Barnsley Liverpool Win

Man Utd v Arsenal United Win

PNE v Pompey Pompey win after replay

Coventry v WBA WBA Win

Chelsea v Huddersfield Chelski Win

some great ties and i feel some suprises coming along:

* Bristol Rovers 1 Southampton 0

* Cardiff City 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

* Sheffield United 2 Middlesbrough 1

* Liverpool 4 Barnsley 1

* Manchester United 1 Arsenal 2

* Preston North End 1 Portsmouth 1

* Coventry City 1 WBA 3

* Chelsea 3 Huddersfield 0

LIVERPOOL OUT!

:D

Liverpool knocked out by Barnsley who come from behind to win 2-1. Dirk Kuyt gave the home side a 32nd minute lead before Steve Foster equalised.

Brian Howard was the hero who scored in the 93rd minute to send the Premiership side out! B);):)

Today's results, so far:

Bristol Rovers 1 - 0 Southampton

Cardiff City 2 - 0 Wolves

Chelsea 3 - 1 Huddersfield Town

Coventry 0 - 5 WBA :confused:

Liverpool 1 - 2 Barnsley :D

Cardiff 2-0 Wolves

Chelsea 3-1 Huddersfield

Coventry 0-5 West Brom

Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley

Bristol Rovers 1-0 Soton

Some shocks already. The last eight could contain as many as 6 Championship or lower teams.

Teams through so far

Cardiff

Chelsea

West Brom

Barnsley

Bristol Rovers

Arsenal or Man Utd

Preston or Portsmouth

Sheff Utd or Middlesbro

Bristol Rovers 1-0 Soton

Some shocks already. The last eight could contain as many as 6 Championship or lower teams.

Saints v Bristol a shock?

You see' date=' the thing is, you're the about sixtieth person I've heard say that, and for once I'm not exaggerating. And I can't say I agree. What most of the people saying this don't realise is that Southampton are a club that are falling apart. We're under the control of our "joint caretaker managers" for the "forseeable future", we're dropping down the league, and we don't have anyone in the board room who has a clue how to run a football club!

Now, having said that today's performance was better than I expected. At least they weren't 3-0 down at half time like that dismal display at Stoke midweek. (I can say this, as I was one of the few hundred fans who bother going to pointless matches that we know we'll probably lose, but consider ourselves "decent" fans.) Bristol today was a slight improvement, seeing as I wasn't close to tears by the time halftime came, however I still don't see why I bothered getting up at 7 to go freeze watching Saints lose to a club whose fans were all dressed as pirates.

[/size'] I know I'm probably being abit harsh, and I would throttle anyone who didn't support the club for saying any of this, however today's display was pathetic, and I'm sure all those of you who watched it (in the comfort of your own homes) on BBC1 will agree.

All in all, we deserved to lose, but hey, things can only get better, and they're gonna have to unless we want to find ourselves in league 1 next season. (:

WOW.....Cardiff reach the Quarter Final for the first time since they beat Arsenal in the Final in 1927..:eek: :eek: ..WOW Thats a long time ago.

Brilliant achievement.....:eek:

C'mon the Bluebirds.:D

Joe Ledley is awesome.;)

C'Mon arsenal only had 14 fit players to travel you can't really be proud of beating that team.

That its like stealing candy from a baby:p

Arsenal were missing 7 main squad players while manu 5.

So it was pretty much equal.

Even then they should not have lost 4 0.

Manu were just toooooooo good. They dominated game right from start till the very end. If they play that way they can crush any team in Europe or even the World :D

Sheffield United and Middlesbrough will have to settle their Fa cup tie in a replay after a 0-0 draw. Preston were denied a replay by a goal in the 94th minute when the assistant referee had put 3 mins on his board. The goal came from a Portsmouth corner. Kranjcar swung the ball in, it cannoned off Hermann Hreidarssons right arm and went in courtesy of Darren Carter. In the replay, you can clearly see Hreidarsson raising his arm to gain contact with the ball. Other than then, Preston were on top for the majority of the match. Simon Whaley missed a penalty, their 5th penalty miss of the season. Why did Paul Simpson sell Graham Alexander?? :mad:

The Quarter final line up looks like this

Manchester United

Chelsea

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough or Sheffield United

West Bromwich Albion

Barnsley

Cardiff

Bristol Rovers

Also, the semi-finals are played at Wembley this season.

The Quarter final line up looks like this

Manchester United

Chelsea

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough or Sheffield United

West Bromwich Albion

Barnsley

Cardiff

Bristol Rovers

I'd like to have a tenner on United drawing Chelski, either way we'll no doubt make it a 12th straight FA cup tie against Premiership opposition.

Arsenal were missing 7 main squad players while manu 5.

So it was pretty much equal.

Even then they should not have lost 4 0.

Manu were just toooooooo good. They dominated game right from start till the very end. If they play that way they can crush any team in Europe or even the World :D

yeh seven main squad and then 7 of there best reserves and the bench players were risky as well

and nani tried juggling the ball it wasnt that good what sort of player would would juggle the ball while running towards there own goal once he turned around he lost the ball

All of arsenal players on the bench were under treatment and was told not to play.

Toure and eboue just came back and probs not off played, lehmann is off form and sloppy anyway. Bentnerrrr upfront on his own was NEVER gonna work and eduardo out of posistion really.

with that team that result was coming our way from kick off.

Did i mention Traore ? any player can rip him apart and hoyte aint the best either so our LB/RB was messed up.

How good is it to see none of the "Top Four" in the Semi Finals??

Ruddy Brilliant!!!

Where are all of the Chelsea fans who ripped it out of the Liverpool fans for losing to Barnsley?

Where are they now?

LLLMMMMMAAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

Chelsea fans who was on that other thread saying such things like...

"liverpool are a joke you should never lose to a team like Barnsley".

lmao how stupid do you guys feel now, at least it was our 2nd string that lost :)

you can come back with your "were still above u in the league" comments or.. "yea but we was away" but it doesnt make the slightest bit of difference now does it :D :D :D :D :D :D

LLLMMMMMAAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

Chelsea fans who was on that other thread saying such things like...

"liverpool are a joke you should never lose to a team like Barnsley".

lmao how stupid do you guys feel now' date=' at least it was our 2nd string that lost :)

you can come back with your "were still above u in the league" comments or.. "yea but we was away" but it doesnt make the slightest bit of difference now does it :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote']

I Wasn't one of those :o

as it is extremely childish and would love everyone to say to the opposing teams, Unlucky lads. But it will never happen.

Barnsley, Pompey, in who else i wonder :)

How good is it to see none of the "Top Four" in the Semi Finals?

Just the point i was going to make, and to pose that question to fans of the big 4, don't you think so ???

But not only that, but 3 of the 4 are going to be non-premiership sides. Think thats great. The FA Cup magic is always about lower division sides beating higher class opposition, but for one of them to win it ???

Cardiff were brilliant today, as were Pompy & Barnsley, all deserve to be there. Don't people get sick of seeing an Arsenal or a Chelsea in the semi's, if one of them was left it's 99% that they would go on and win it.

Hope Barnsley go and do it, one win (Anfield) may be called a fluke, but to beat 2 of the top 4 ??? That's no fluke. Liverpool, Chelsea and all other fans should hold their hands up to the spirit of the Barnsley team....

WBA won Bristol Rovers by 5-1, goals of Morrison (16m), Miller (30m,69 and 85m) and Phillips (73m) to West Bromwich, Danny Coles(32m) made the only goal of Bristol.

In Semi final are WBA, Portsmouth, Barnsley and Cardiff B)