Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

WBA won Bristol Rovers by 5-1' date=' goals of Morrison (16m), Miller (30m,69 and 85m) and Phillips (73m) to West Bromwich, Danny Coles(32m) made the only goal of Bristol.

In Semi final are WBA, Portsmouth, Barnsley and Cardiff B)[/quote']

Despite being a bitter Chelsea fan :D I think it's great seeing those 4 "underdog's" in the last 4, and I hope Barnsley win it as they have deserved it more IMO

Cardiff for the Cup' date=' I have got about 20 grand if they do.....Now that would be class!!![/quote']

Well in that case come on barnsley..... :D

In all seriousness despite all the shocks I still see Pompey winning it now all the games are going to be played on neutral ground, ideally a West Brom-Pompey final for it to be as much of a spectacle as possible. Meaning no offence to Cardiff or Barnsley obviously.....

Well in that case come on barnsley..... :D

In all seriousness despite all the shocks I still see Pompey winning it now all the games are going to be played on neutral ground' date=' ideally a West Brom-Pompey final for it to be as much of a spectacle as possible. Meaning no offence to Cardiff or Barnsley obviously.....[/quote']

No offense taken, I am not too optimistic that we will win it as Pompey have to be the favorites. I think WBA vs Pompey Final....If they avoid each other in the Semi's.....

Any way, Come on Bluebirds!!!

No offense taken' date=' I am not too optimistic that we will win it as Pompey have to be the favorites. I think WBA vs Pompey Final....If they avoid each other in the Semi's.....[/quote']

But they didn't avoid each other in the semi's, what a chance foe Barnsley or Cardiff to make it to Europe, not to forget lift an FA Cup. Pompy and WBA have to be the fav's on paper, glad they drew each other, be a great semi, a high flying Championship side against a physical but tough Premiership team. And for Barnsley / Cardiff, well it's once in a lifetime stuff here.........

Cardiff Are Not Alowd in Europe As There Welsh & Dont Play In The Welsh League.

Thats not true.......Surely, they are signed on to play in the English League and are classed as an English League club so if that is a rule I can see it changing....!!

Thats not true.......Surely' date=' they are signed on to play in the English League and are classed as an English League club so if that is a rule I can see it changing....!![/quote']

Nope, Its Dead Set, By Fifa/Uefa

Only Exception is Derry City..

Only Fair, If Cardiff ever Want to Play In Europe They Will Have To Play In Welsh Compitition, The Welsh FA could give Either Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham, a European Place Instead of Any National Welsh Teams if They Wished Through The Welsh Cup* Which All 3 Compete But They Never Will. (Like Vaduz Through The Liechstenstein Cup* (Winner of National League V Vaduz), The Winner of That Gets a Uefa Cup Spot) (Vaduz Play In Switzerland)

Nope' date=' Its Dead Set, By Fifa/Uefa

Only Fair, If Cardiff ever Want to Play In Europe They Will Have To Play In Welsh Compitition, The Welsh FA could give Either Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham, a European Place Instead of Any National Welsh Teams if They Wished Through The Welsh Cup* Which All 3 Compete But They Never Will.[/quote']

Why is it "only fair"??:confused::mad:

I don't agree with that. The quality of Welsh League football is really poor, thats why Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport play in English Leagues as they want competition. Whats the point if they cant qualify for Europe?

The clubs I have mentioned take part in the Welsh Cup bu nothing comes of that and these English League playing clubs use the competition for youngsters, the standard is really bad.

You seriously think this is fair?

Because There Not English, & It Was There Decision to Leave The Welsh Durastiction Just Because they Were Bigger Than Other Clubs.

Same Would Be With Celtic Rangers If They Joined The EPL

Thats not true.......Surely' date=' they are signed on to play in the English League and are classed as an English League club so if that is a rule I can see it changing....!![/quote']

Only Fair, If Cardiff ever Want to Play In Europe They Will Have To Play In Welsh Compitition, The Welsh FA could give Either Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham, a European Place Instead of Any National Welsh Teams if They Wished Through The Welsh Cup* Which All 3 Compete But They Never Will. (Like Vaduz Through The Liechstenstein Cup* (Winner of National League V Vaduz), The Winner of That Gets a Uefa Cup Spot) (Vaduz Play In Switzerland)

If Cardiff are eligible to play in the english league system then they should be eligible to represent England in Europe....otherwise what have they got to aspire to?

If to all intents and purposes they are still classed as welsh then they should play in the Welsh Premier....you can talk about size of club but Celtic and Rangers are 10 times the size of the rest of the SPL teams and they haven't been shipped down here yet :D

Because There Not English' date=' & It Was There Decision to Leave The Welsh Durastiction Just Because they Were Bigger Than Other Clubs.

Same Would Be With Celtic Rangers If They Joined The EPL

Why are Derry an exception then?

The Welsh clubs are classed as English clubs.....I hate it but they are...

Why are Derry an exception then?

The Welsh clubs are classed as English clubs as they play in England.....I hate it but they are...Or have I read that wrong?

Tbh Im not actually bothered about European Qualification but I am interested in why you think its fair, which you have now told me.

I just want Cardiff to conquer and ENGLISH CUP

Wont Go Into Derry Situation 30 Odd Years Ago

Sorry Aswell Monaco Are Another Exception,

Cardiff Are Currently Not FULL English FA Members, But They Could Change That But If They Did They Would Gets Stuff Like Bans Ect Imposed on Them For Certain Things Bla Bla

They Are Holding Talks With Platini Tough, But Doubt Anytin Will Come of It, Too Many Legal Issues & Sets a Dangerous Precident

Fair Because, They Want To Play In Another Nations League While Abandoning There Own

Wont Go Into Derry Situation 30 Odd Years Ago

Sorry Aswell Monaco Are Another Exception' date='

Cardiff Are Currently Not FULL English FA Members, But They Could Change That But If They Did They Would Gets Stuff Like Bans Ect Imposed on Them For Certain Things Bla Bla

They Are Holding Talks With Platini Tough, But Doubt Anytin Will Come of It, Too Many Legal Issues & Sets a Dangerous Precident

Fair Because, They Want To Play In Another Nations League While Abandoning There Own[/quote']

Didn't know all of that, cheers for letting me know.

A bit gutting. I bet half of the Cardiff fans do not know that, I will be spreading the word though.

As I say I just want us to beat the English (again...lol:D )

Derry City are an exception as they are a Northern Ireland team playing in the EIRCOM League, Monaco are an exception as they are from the state of Monaco playing in the French League and also Berwick Rangers who are English but play in the Scottish Leagues.

When the league of Wales was formed, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham all rejected the chance to join it, meaning they compete in English leagues and cups. Derry have played in Europe representing Ireland as have Monaco for France (they got to the CL Final one year). So i don't see how the FA would "bar" Cardiff from Europe....

Have just heard that if Cardiff do win the cup then the Welsh First Minister Rhodri Morgan is confident that they will have a passport into the Uefa Cup next season....

I am hoping that they just make the final and Pompey make Europe via Prem placing and Cardiff will qualify for just making the Final...!!

C'mon the Bluebirds!!!

Well Done Cardiff' date='

Hope They Win It Now.. :)[/quote']

Ive been waiting for you to reply on this thread...lol

Have you heard anything about Cardiff playing in Europe?

We have every chance of winning after seeing Pompey's performance against WBA.........

Hopefully I will be there anyway!!!

Ya Should Be OK

No Problims Objections So Far

Think They Might Get a Wild Card Kinda Entry (So Not Sure Wether They Will Represent England Officially) Like For Co-Efficient Points But The Place They Will Take Up Will Be 1 Of Englands Places (Just heard That On Sky)

They Could Represent England But That Could Rule Changes In Lots of Areas & Cause problims In Other Countries If Teams Start Hoping Boundries (G-12)

FA Cup first round draw:

Colchester v Leyton Orient

Havant & Waterlooville v Brentford

Blyth Spartans v Shrewsbury Town

Sutton United v Notts County

Torquay United v Evesham United

Oxford United v Dorchester Town

Bury v Gillingham

AFC Wimbledon v Wycombe Wanderers

Chester City v Millwall

Carlisle v Grays Athletic

Team Bath v Ashford Town/Forest Green Rovers

Eastbourne v Barrow

AFC Hornchurch v Peterborough United

Yeovil Town v Stockport County

Leiston/Lewes v Fleetwood Town

Accrington Stanley v Tranmere Rovers

Walsall v Shorpe United

Bournemouth v Bristol Rovers

Brighton v Hartlepool United

Aldershot Town v Rotherham United

Morecambe v Grimsby Town

Huddersfield Town v Port Vale

Alfreton Town v Bury Town

Kidderminster v Cambridge United

Leicester City v Stevenage/Horsham

Milton Keynes Dons v Bradford City

Darlington v Droylsden/Belper Town

Chesterfield v York City/Mansfield Town

Northwich Victoria/Telford United v Southend United

Hinkley United/Curzon Ashton v Exeter City

Durham City/Histon v Swindon Town

Kettering Town v Lincoln City

Barnet v Rochdale

Hereford v Dagenham & Redbridge

Cheltenham Town v Oldham Athletic

Luton Town v Altrincham

Crewe v Woking/Ebbsfleet United

Wrexham/Eastwood Town v Brackley Town

Leeds United v Northampton Town

Harlow Town v Macclesfield Town

Ties to be played on the weekend of 8 & 9 November

It's AFC Telford United these days George :D

Good draw for us if we manage to beat Northwich, if that game ever gets played that is. One of my strangest experiences following the Bucks yesterday (and there have been a few)

Away at Northwich in the 4th qualifying round, the game is about to begin in overcast conditions, when a massive plume of black smoke appears from behind the main stand and the stadium loses all power. No lights, nothing. The game goes on until HT with Northwich leading 1-0 (AFCTU had played well though) and is then abandoned as the referee deems it unsafe for play to continue without floodlights.

As the game has reached HT the 1000 plus crowd (half made up of Telford fans) aren't legally entitled to a refund so we all leave feeling utterley ripped off. It later comes to light that the owner of Northwichs stadium (the club just rent the ground off him) has an unpaid £84000 electricity bill and so has been cut off. The plume of smoke we all saw was the back up generator exploding.

Rumours are abound however that the owner of the ground was totally aware that the generator wasn't capable of staging the match well before kick off and still allowed the game to go ahead, so as you can imagine both ourselves and the Vics fans are rather angry about the whole thing.

As well as the annoyance of the game being abandoned there are serious health and safety issues here. A stadium with no lights and lifts with disabled people in them getting stuck due to lack of power is scandalous....and we are meant to be going back there to play the game again on Tuesday!!! :rolleyes:

If this story intrigues anyone check out the AFCTU and Northwich Vics forum, what I have told you is just the tip of the iceberg!

Only in non league could this kind of thing happen B)

It's AFC Telford United these days George :D

Good draw for us if we manage to beat Northwich' date=' if that game ever gets played that is. One of my strangest experiences following the Bucks yesterday (and there have been a few)

Away at Northwich in the 4th qualifying round, the game is about to begin in overcast conditions, when a massive plume of black smoke appears from behind the main stand and the stadium loses all power. No lights, nothing. The game goes on until HT with Northwich leading 1-0 (AFCTU had played well though) and is then abandoned as the referee deems it unsafe for play to continue without floodlights.

As the game has reached HT the 1000 plus crowd (half made up of Telford fans) aren't legally entitled to a refund so we all leave feeling utterley ripped off. It later comes to light that the owner of Northwichs stadium (the club just rent the ground off him) has an unpaid £84000 electricity bill and so has been cut off. The plume of smoke we all saw was the back up generator exploding.

Rumours are abound however that the owner of the ground was totally aware that the generator wasn't capable of staging the match well before kick off and still allowed the game to go ahead, so as you can imagine both ourselves and the Vics fans are rather angry about the whole thing.

As well as the annoyance of the game being abandoned there are serious health and safety issues here. A stadium with no lights and lifts with disabled people in them getting stuck due to lack of power is scandalous....and we are meant to be going back there to play the game again on Tuesday!!! :rolleyes:

If this story intrigues anyone check out the AFCTU and Northwich Vics forum, what I have told you is just the tip of the iceberg!

Only in non league could this kind of thing happen B)[/quote']

Copied from BBC Sport so blame them ;) Also sounds like an interesting game lol

Good draw for Exeter... our away form in the league atm is superb whilst average at home so should be ok ;)