Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

I'm pleased for them and particularly Martinez and wanted them to win. I know they'll probably only take 10 fans if they get an Eastern European country' date=' but I'd rather that than Millwall get there and go to Istanbul.[/quote']

I hate Milwall,the fans are appalling and do not deserve to go to a final.Let alone Europe

I love Martinez.Very good manager at tactics.

I'm pleased for them and particularly Martinez and wanted them to win. I know they'll probably only take 10 fans if they get an Eastern European country' date=' but I'd rather that than Millwall get there and go to Istanbul.[/quote']

Yeah in all the commotion forgot that Wigan won the match. I really hope Wigan survive in the EPL and Martinez gets the opportunity to manage a big side one day.

Cracking game and a solid win, despite the nervy last 20 minutes or so.

Yaya bossed the midfield completely and, particularly at the start of the game, Tevez, Aguero and Nasri all got involved well. Later on Zabaleta and Nastasic started to shine :)

Very pleased with Pantilimon. Thought it was a big risk by Mancini to stick with him but boy did he deliver. Some super stops and great takes under pressure.

At the rick of sounding overconfident, we go into the final with it being ours to lose. Not sure whether that's good for confidence or not :P Hopefully we'll go out from the start as we did today and get an early goal.

And yes, Aguero's challenge was disgusting, but it shouldn't be the sole thing to talk about in a magnificent game. End to end stuff with both teams having chances to score further goals.

Fair result overall but I have to admit I've lost what respect I had for Man City after today.

Not only do they play Nasri, but two of the three players I actually like in Zabaleta Aguero reveal themselves as as dirty as Yaya Toure can be.

Aguero should have a long ban, what a disgrace - the look on his face showed intent and I disagree with you Stuart - this game should be remembered for that - if that was Suarez, or Terry, Barton or Cattermole then everyone would be going nuts.

Disgusting - shame really because I think it was a cracking game and you probably deserved it but the lack of class does leave a sour taste - and that coming from a fan who supports a team with a few classless figures is saying something.

Will wholeheartedly be supporting Wigan in the final.

Fair result overall but I have to admit I've lost what respect I had for Man City after today.

Not only do they play Nasri' date=' but two of the three players I actually like in Zabaleta Aguero reveal themselves as as dirty as Yaya Toure can be.

[b']Aguero should have a long ban, what a disgrace - the look on his face showed intent and I disagree with you Stuart - this game should be remembered for that - if that was Suarez, or Terry, Barton or Cattermole then everyone would be going nuts.[/b]

Disgusting - shame really because I think it was a cracking game and you probably deserved it but the lack of class does leave a sour taste - and that coming from a fan who supports a team with a few classless figures is saying something.

Will wholeheartedly be supporting Wigan in the final.

I agree as a City supporter that it was a nasty, malicious foul. However, I can't help but wonder why he done it. It was so out of character for him and in the two years he has been here, he has made no fouls of note. IMO, I feel that there was something off the ball because Aguero didn't go for that ball in frustration as his eyes were almost fixed on Luiz. It may have been a spat or something else between the pair because that looked to me as Aguero had a clear objective to hurt Luiz.

I agree as a City supporter that it was a nasty' date=' malicious foul. However, I can't help but wonder why he done it. It was so out of character for him and in the two years he has been here, he has made no fouls of note. IMO, I feel that there was something of the ball because Aguero didn't go for that ball in frustration as his eyes were almost fixed on Luiz. It may have been a spat or something else between the pair because that looked to me as Aguero had a clear objective to hurt Luiz.[/i']

It doesn't matter.

Cantona & his kick, Zidane & his headbutt, Keane & the career ending tackle.

Aguero showed intent and it was disgusting.

It a comes down to the old saying actions speak louder than words.

It doesn't matter.

Cantona & his kick' date=' Zidane & his headbutt, Keane & the career ending tackle.

Aguero showed intent and it was disgusting.

It a comes down to the old saying actions speak louder than words.[/quote']

I am not disagreeing that it was disgusting. But there Luiz must have done something serious for Aguero to react in that way. Is Zidane really remembered as a dirty player for his headbutt? No because under the circumstance it was justifiable. I will wait and see to hear the full story. If Aguero suddenly got up and made that tackle, I would be disgusted and sickened by his actions but we need to wait for the full story.

I am not disagreeing that it was disgusting. But there Luiz must have done something serious for Aguero to react in that way. Is Zidane really remembered as a dirty player for his headbutt? No because under the circumstance it was justifiable. I will wait and see to hear the full story. If Aguero suddenly got up and made that tackle' date=' I would be disgusted and sickened by his actions but we need to wait for the full story.[/color']

I didn't say Zidane will be remembered for the headbutt. - but that game will be.

I didn't say Zidane will be remembered for the headbutt. - but that game will be.

That's besides the point. At the end of the day' date=' we have to wait for the full story. Like all the incidents you mentioned, my first thought was why has he done that. We should wait and see what Aguero has to say about why he committed such a bad foul.[/font']

That's besides the point. At the end of the day' date=' we have to wait for the full story. Like all the incidents you mentioned, my first thought was why has he done that. We should wait and see what Aguero has to say about why he committed such a bad foul.[/font']

Yes & no matter what the reason he should undoubtably be banned.

Yes & no matter what the reason he should undoubtably be banned.

I agree there' date=' a tackle like that deserves that and I am not going to be a hypocrite just because it involves my club. However, if Luiz said or done something serious, it should be looked into.

However, Aguero probably won't get banned because the Ref saw it and therefore gave the foul. I personally find that to be a stupid rule that is based on no logic.[/color']