Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

I agree there' date=' a tackle like that deserves that and I am not going to be a hypocrite just because it involves my club. However, if Luiz said or done something serious, it should be looked into.

However, Aguero probably won't get banned because the Ref saw it and therefore gave the foul. I personally find that to be a stupid rule that is based on no logic.[/color']

basically the logic was that Aguero was fed up of listening to 'hips don't lie' & found Luiz much like Shakira so he attacked him..lol!:D

But in reality he deserves a ban. FA should look into this matter very seriously. It was a useless challenge.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

basically the logic was that Aguero was fed up of listening to 'hips don't lie' & found Luiz much like Shakira so he attacked him..lol!:D

But in reality he deserves a ban. FA should look into this matter very seriously. It was a useless challenge.

This is what I think they should do. It was so out of character that something must have happened

I think Aguero might've however watched Wrestlemania and tried a dropkick :P

Bad tackle? yes, Red card? certainly, the most disgraceful tackle i've ever seen? no. The game was much more than that it was one of the best semi-finals i've seen in a long time and it deserves to be remembered as so. Do I think Luiz could have said something? No, I think that's a ridiculous statement as they were barely near each other for most of the game and ignored each other after the tackle, think it was just a reaction tackle. It will probably get looked into and a couple of game ban will suffice, it won't be an 8 week ban or anything ridiculous like that, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch simple as. I'd usually say something now about if it Suarez in that situation it will be in the papers and you'd all be calling for a hanging, that's true but everyone knows that. Oh and if they are looking into Aguero they should look into Torres's as well which was clearly a revenge tackle. Between the two I'd have preferred to be on the receiving end of Aguero's stomp on my rear than Torres's meta-tarsel scrape.

Overall City went into the match to rough up Chelsea and it worked and it's about time that City went into a match and wore their hearts on their sleeve, great game, felt City edged it.

Bad tackle? yes' date=' Red card? certainly, the most disgraceful tackle i've ever seen? no. The game was much more than that it was one of the best semi-finals i've seen in a long time and it deserves to be remembered as so. D[b']o I think Luiz could have said something? No, I think that's a ridiculous statement as they were barely near each other for most of the game and ignored each other after the tackle, think it was just a reaction tackle.[/b] It will probably get looked into and a couple of game ban will suffice, it won't be an 8 week ban or anything ridiculous like that, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch simple as. I'd usually say something now about if it Suarez in that situation it will be in the papers and you'd all be calling for a hanging, that's true but everyone knows that. Oh and if they are looking into Aguero they should look into Torres's as well which was clearly a revenge tackle. Between the two I'd have preferred to be on the receiving end of Aguero's stomp on my rear than Torres's meta-tarsel scrape.

Overall City went into the match to rough up Chelsea and it worked and it's about time that City went into a match and wore their hearts on their sleeve, great game, felt City edged it.

Watch the tackle again and it is clear as day that Aguero was intending to hurt Luiz. I've watched all of our games and Aguero has never done such a thing and moreover, barely makes tackles on the pitch. In that clip, Aguero sprinted and with force hit Luiz. That is out of character to say the least.

I agree it was a great spectacle and Yaya completely bossed the game. The Chelsea midfield couldn't get near him. Very happy to see us in the final and hopefully it will be a good game.:)

I agree as a City supporter that it was a nasty' date=' malicious foul. [b']However, I can't help but wonder why he done it. It was so out of character for him and in the two years he has been here, he has made no fouls of note. [/b]IMO, I feel that there was something off the ball because Aguero didn't go for that ball in frustration as his eyes were almost fixed on Luiz. It may have been a spat or something else between the pair because that looked to me as Aguero had a clear objective to hurt Luiz.

The same could have been said with Zamora's kick on Gomez's face. It's called a 'strikers challenge'. It's got nothing to do with an 'off the ball incident'.

The same could have been said with Zamora's kick on Gomez's face. It's called a 'strikers challenge'. It's got nothing to do with an 'off the ball incident'.

Zamora's seemed more clumsy than malicious, which Aguero's looked like. I'm not condoning what he did at all, but he isn't the kind of player to go around launching himself two-footed into lost causes. I have to agree with IIR that something may have been said to cause that kind of reaction.

As a neutral i have to say that was a magnificent cup semi-final and helped to bring a bit of magic back after the disgraceful behavouir of some of the Millwall fans yesterday.

Was real blood and thunder stuff, no quarter given, some of the quality on view was top class as well. Thought over the piece City edged it for the first hour they were magnificent and were miles in the ascendency in my view. Swift passing, the movement of Tevez in particular was brilliant and really dominated midfield.

Yaya Toure was back to the player of last season a real powerhouse in midfield and was a deserved MOTM.

City were brilliant but after the goal the whole momentum of the game changed and Chelsea showed real fighting qualities and there was little doubt City were holding on and at times pretty desperatly.

The Aguero tackle was absolutely awful and whether it is "out of charachter" or not is irrelevent. That tackle was malicious and there was almost certainly intent to hurt Luiz there nobody can convince me otherwise he went to "do him" and I think everybody can see that with there own eyes.

Also Chelsea had a very valid shout for a penalty, City have got the run of the green in terms of refereeing decisions today.

City should win the Cup now but as with all neutrals I will be cheering the underdog, just hope that we get a decent game and the match is close dont want a one-sided final.

Wigan are genuinely and quite strongly have been my second team for about 6 years now, so I'm still quite excited about the final. if they stay up this year, the Europa league money (im not sure if its much at all though) should hopefully keep them safe next season and massively improves their chances of holding onto Kone, Mccarthy etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Wigan are genuinely and quite strongly have been my second team for about 6 years now' date=' so I'm still quite excited about the final. if they stay up this year, the Europa league money (im not sure if its much at all though) should hopefully keep them safe next season and massively improves their chances of holding onto Kone, Mccarthy etc.[/quote']

Hoping they win the cup and stave off relegation (easier said than done) as they play lovely footie around this time of the season. I am not sure if they can get back into the EPL at the first time of asking if they are relegated though..

Most important persons to keep hold of-Martinez/Whelan/Callum