Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Please vote on this guys.

It's a poll about Walcott's '2-0' hand gesture taunt against Spurs.

Was it as bad as when Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans?

Due to a flaw in the question this poll has been disregarded.

Apologies for this.

Please vote/share your thoughts here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=166070

Really disappointed with Allardyce's view on the competition, in a similar way to Lambert's.

The team he's put out today was very poor, I don't think he had any intention of looking to win the game as it's been such a one sided game and the easiest game Forest will have this season. Forest really should have scored more than the four goals they got.

It is safe to say The FA Cup lost it's prestige? Even the small club (no offense) think it is not worth giving it a proper shot.

What do you mean by this? Forest certainly went out there to win the game.

I think that the FA Cup still is a prestigious competition, but could be made more prestigious by getting rid of replays, taking the semi-finals out of Wembley and giving the winners a Champions League spot.

For sure' date=' feel sorry for them going to watch an U21 side get battered by a side they should be beating.

Some West Ham fans signing "Paolo Di Canio", Allardyce's sacking is long overdue.[/quote']

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says he would never appoint former striker Paolo Di Canio as the club’s manager because of his fascist views....

AH.

But they are not even trying!!!

I know. Blame that down to confidence now but i think playing the youngsters helps them get stronger the future

But if we would of played our senior squad i guaranteed that a few would of got injured. Its not looking good on the injury table for us we have James collins,Vaz te, Carroll, W.Reid, Noble, Tomkins with Downing and Morrison and Diarra just coming back. Too be honest them 3 shouldn't have played as they could of picked up a knock again :(

We also have a Semi final vs City first leg this wednesday so we need to rotate, so today results helps us in some ways.

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says he would never appoint former striker Paolo Di Canio as the club’s manager because of his fascist views....

AH.

Because of his facist views? That he denies, stating that "I am not a racist, I am a facist" was a misquote.

Politics has nothing to do with football, and stating that you'd only employ someone if they are a democrat is absurd.

What do you mean by this? Forest certainly went out there to win the game.

I think that the FA Cup still is a prestigious competition' date=' but could be made more prestigious by getting rid of replays, taking the semi-finals out of Wembley and giving the winners a Champions League spot.[/quote']

I'm more referring to West Ham and Aston Villa's manager.

I'm more referring to West Ham and Aston Villa's manager.

Well West Ham and Aston Villa are far from small teams, in any sense of the word.

But whilst they don't help the prestige of the competition, thankfully they are not in the majority. Ultimately, the prestige of the competition will be decided by the fans and there opinions of the competitions and both Villa and West Ham supporters certainly wanted to win the game.

Take this from twitter :

Is that true?

No wonder then.

Well there is no real financial reward for winning the FA Cup, and the FA should look to improve this by giving the winners a place in the Champions League but it's still seen as an important competition to win by supporters.

Yes, Wigan weren't given much of a reward for their cup win, but you have to consider in the Europa League money and it certainly trumps any of their Premier League survivals as the greatest moment in their history.

Take this from twitter :

Is that true?

No wonder then.

Yeah, more or less. Its more parachute payments more than anything, but its still insane.

It gives sides no real incentive to play. I think the earlier rounds are more fun when lower league sides are playing for that chance to go to one of the big boys. Its nice to see the little boys get a big scalp, or a replay against the big boys (not so much when its Oldham, mind you...) but its nice when the big teams actually try.

Ask any fan - they'd rather see their team try and lose by a goal, than not try at all and lose embarrassingly.

If we beat Ipswich we face the team that just dispatched West Ham 5-0 :P Us against Billy Davies, interesting. It'd certainly be a tough game. It's the sort of opposition we need to get used to facing if we want to be a championship side next season.

Could have been easier, but it could have been A LOT worse! Don't think there's any reason why we can't go there and give them a game.