Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

What do you think is more valuable to Villa as a club: staying in the Premier League or going a few more rounds in the cup? I' date=' and I think most fans, love the cup competitions but chairmen and owners will want to see their sides keep the revenue of the PL. When the margins are as finely balanced as the league is this season, I can understand some worried sides not wanting the cup as a distraction.[/quote']

It shouldn't have to be one or the other. I don't see why two - five extra games make any difference whatsoever. I'm fuming after what Lambert said about the Cup.

Ray and SJ are right. Winning a couple of league games can create a real buzz and provide momentum going into the league games. I don't buy the tosh about extra fatigue. These are elite athletes. They should be able to play an extra few games in the cup.

If a team like Aston Villa doesn't want to be in the FA Cup next year then so be it. Let them give up their spot and allow another lower league team to have a chance. Just bump up the highest ranked team that would normally compete a round prior so one more minnow can live the dream.

I wouldn't say Aston Villa are a huge draw. Everyone wants Chelsea' date=' or one of the Manchester teams, or as Coventry got today, Arsenal. Those big teams will always want to win the FA Cup and have the resources to try. Teams in the Championship down to the non-league dream of a cup run, so they wouldn't stop trying. But hey, if a couple of the lower Premiership teams want to give up, let them.[/quote']

The fans want and love the cup. We are a huge draw for teams beneath the Championship I'd argue.

Besides, you say the likes of United and Arsenal have the resources to try, yet I don't see how putting out a team of kids is any less insulting than a manager saying its a distraction. (Not condoning either - they're both wrong in my eyes)

Very happy with a draw away at Forrest. It's the sort of opposition we want to be coming up against next season, as were Ipswich, so it's a promising sign that we can challenge higher league opposition. Hopefully now we can beat them at Deepdale and get into the 5th round. We're in the draw on Sunday so it'll be exciting to see who we could possibly face :)

We haven't had a HUGE away day (if you don't include the local derby at Burnley) in a while (in terms of our opponents status), so it'd be nice to draw one of those albeit very difficult of course. With that being said, I'd be equally as happy with a good home tie. As long as we get through first of course. Listen to me rambling on when we've still to get through (touch wood) :P

Very happy with a draw away at Forrest. It's the sort of opposition we want to be coming up against next season' date=' as were Ipswich, so it's a promising sign that we can challenge higher league opposition. Hopefully now we can beat them at Deepdale and get into the 5th round. We're in the draw on Sunday so it'll be exciting to see who we could possibly face :)

We haven't had a HUGE away day (if you don't include the local derby at Burnley) in a while (in terms of our opponents status), so it'd be nice to draw one of those albeit very difficult of course. With that being said, I'd be equally as happy with a good home tie. As long as we get through first of course. Listen to me rambling on when we've still to get through (touch wood) :P[/quote']

Darlow in the Forest net looks a class act, no wonder Premier League clubs are sniffing around him.

Annoying that rather than congratulate Preston on their tireless effort and work ethic, Twitter and Eurosport are making out that we played for a draw. Billy Daviessaid before the game that this was our cup final, which is a bit patronising seeing as he was one of our more successful managers of recent times. Hopefully can make it on for the replay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoVbJGqSvrwqQaC7uYMzLjelCEqQ8ADyDyf0L1PzkjChj9xYQnaA
;2834482']Lion King was made in 1994' date=' so since then Arsenal won a few trophies... B)[/quote']
And since your infamous laughing scene in Austin Powers' date=' Manchester United has won 2 Fa Cups B)[/quote']

That was pretty stoopid Lordy :rolleyes:

Don't throw stones when in glass houses springs to mind

Only the one replay out of the first 13 games, can see Everton and Chelsea (hopefully not) getting through, not sure about Fulham at Sheffield United, they will probably make a lot of changes with going to Swansea two days later and go out or get a replay.