Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Isn't the fa cup just the best competition in the world' date=' great results coming through. Gutted about Forest Green, i wont win any friends here but i hope Preston do Liverpool in a little while. ;)[/quote']

You will win one friend... I hope the same!

Looking forward to it...

Isn't the fa cup just the best competition in the world' date=' great results coming through. Gutted about Forest Green, i wont win any friends here but i hope Preston do Liverpool in a little while. ;)[/quote']

Great day for lower league sides

Don't want to say it, but congrats to Torquay :o Forest Green did well and I thought they would hold on when they made it 3-2

Southend, they must love playing top 4 sides... hope they go on to win the replay

Plymouth, just watched the game and feel they were a little unlucky although they were a bit defensive... When it was 2-1 they should of had a penalty for what looked like handball from Mackie's shot

Forest - err lmfao Man City! :)

Hope Preston can cause an upset here ;)

strong side put up by benitez.

reina

carra - agger - hypia - insua

babel - alonso - mash - riera

gerrard

keane

lol i wanted him to put up a weaker side than this ;) why tire out first team players for nothing and risk injuries :(

Because when we put a weak team out in the cup we tend to get beat by lower division sides and Rafa's always been targeted as a manager that dosnt take this cup seriously enough

The FA cup is great. Some context. Telford were within a minute of beating Southend in round 1, totally outplayed them in the replay and were unlucky to lose 2-0 late on.

Now the same team go to Stamford Bridge and get a draw against a strong Chelsea team.

Only in football :D

The FA cup is great. Some context. Telford were within a minute of beating Southend in round 1' date=' totally outplayed them in the replay and were unlucky to lose 2-0 late on.

Now the same team go to Stamford Bridge and get a draw against a strong Chelsea team.

Only in football :D[/quote']

Its why we all love this sport it just goes to show how brilliant football is. Always nice when these shocks happen as well as it is nice to point out to the people who play SM and expect there star team to win all the time.

So far Preston have been lucky to go in at ht one down, what is up with Keane he should of buried his chances. Perhaps with that little bit of luck Preston can fight back in the second half.

Man city 0-3 Nottingham

loving this:eek: :eek::D :D

Aye' date=' quite a shocking result....wonder how long Sparky will be at the helm. At the rate he's going he won't be there by the end of the season.

Chelsea draw! Ya even I hope Liverpool lose but they won't:(

Late, late goal by Peter Clarke, but they all count......good result for Southend. They beat us in the Carling Cup as well. Was it last season or the season before that......

Good win for Spurs over Wigan as well. Loved Modric's goal and celebration. Pavlyuchenko's second goal was good but the Wigan keeper was horrible. They played well and deserved it. Reading lost 2-0 to Cardiff, drats !!! West Ham with an easy 3-0 win over Barnsley. Good to see Boro make it to the next round as well. :)

Anyway, waiting for United's game 2moro against Southhampton. Hope we play some young gun and get a positive result. :)

Aye' date=' quite a shocking result....wonder how long Sparky will be at the helm. At the rate he's going he won't be there by the end of the season.

Late, late goal by Peter Clarke, but they all count......good result for Southend. They beat us in the Carling Cup as well. Was it last season or the season before that......

Good win for Spurs over Wigan as well. Loved Modric's goal and celebration. Pavlyuchenko's second goal was good but the Wigan keeper was horrible. They played well and deserved it. Reading lost 2-0 to Cardiff, drats !!! West Ham with an easy 3-0 win over Barnsley. Good to see Boro make it to the next round as well. :)

Anyway, waiting for United's game 2moro against Southhampton. Hope we play some young gun and get a positive result. :)[/quote']

last year it was coventry and southend the year before that:D

Our first lower league opponent in the FA cup for 12 matches:eek: :rolleyes:

Would be intresting what side SAF puts out with Derby's match in mind.

last year it was coventry and southend the year before that:D

Our first lower league opponent in the FA cup for 12 matches:eek: :rolleyes:

Would be intresting what side SAF puts out with Derby's match in mind.

For the last couple seasons now we have bowed out of the Carling cup very early and to much smaller teams. Good to see us having a good run in the Carling Cup this season. :)

Good to see us not to face a prem team as well. For the past few season we have had some tough opponents in the FA Cup but we generally do tend to do well. Not win it but atleast we get to the later stages of the tournament. ;)

Really will be interesting. Jan will be a real hectic month for us. Look at our fixture list:-

4th - Southampton (FA Cup)

7th - Derby (Carling Cup)

11th - Chelsea

14th - Wigan

17th - Bolton

20th - Derby (Carling Cup)

We have a game 6 games in a span of 18 days.......now that really will be taxing. Plus we have an all important game against Chelsea. I really hope to see Possebon, Welback, Manucho and maybe even Fabio Da Silva featuring in some of the games. Lets see how we fare. :)