Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

I have a feeling we're going to get a big side in the draw. If that's the case, then I can't think of anything that would be a bigger incentive to go on and win our 4th round replay.

I'm happy to be in the draw anyway (technically), whoever we get :)

Relatively happy with the draw. I think Fulham and Sheffield United are both beatable sides, albeit the latter has been a pain in the arse for us over the years. Hopefully we can beat Forest now to meet one of those.

Ideal route:

Beat Forest > beat Fulham/SU > beat Wednesday or Charlton > get to wembley > win the semi > win the cup > get promotion > win the Europa league next season (qualifying for the CL in the process) > win the championship > win the PL and CL the season after.

:)

Beat Forest > beat Fulham/SU > beat Wednesday or Charlton > get to wembley > win the semi > win the cup > get promotion > win the Europa league next season (qualifying for the CL in the process) > win the championship > win the PL and CL the season after.

:)

Worth a cheeky £1 punt IMO

> Wake up and notice you overslept by an hour! :P

Know the feeling' date=' waited for a top side away for ages when we were in the football league and know we're playing them every week we've got United away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away and Chelsea away in the last two seasons in both cup competitions.

The League Cup offers less of a reward, something in the region of £1-2 million for winning the competition but you do get the financial benefit of playing in Europe.

So we've got Birmingham, Crawley or Bristol Rovers away, if we beat Man. United away.[/quote']

Out to Chelsea, went out to United in the other cup and last season I think it was Liverpool and Man City who knocked us out the cups.

In the last five years we've been knocked out of the FA Cup to Man City twice, Chelsea twice and Liverpool once.

Nice draw for the last 16 anyway, wouldn't of fancied Man City away.

If anyone's interested' date=' Fulham vs Sheffield United is on ITV4 now :)[/quote']

Worst game I've seen, was looking forward to penalties before that jammy goal in the 120th minute!! :P

If United and Sunderland were poor, wanted to see this! 28 shots, 5 on target between the 2 teams.

I hate football. Did anyone watch the game? HOW THE HELL?

Well done Forest and Davies anyway. Undeserved winners, but Lady Luck was on their side. When she's with you, she's with you. When she's not... You're Preston North End :(

Absolutely brilliant effort from our boys tonight. Just wasn't our night unfortunately, but I suppose the old cliche of being able to focus on the league can be pulled out once more here. Onwards and upwards. There have been plenty of positives to take out of our cup journey that will hopefully help us push on for promotion.

I hate football. Did anyone watch the game? HOW THE HELL?

Well done Forest and Davies anyway. Undeserved winners' date=' but Lady Luck was on their side. When she's with you, she's with you. When she's not... You're Preston North End :(

Absolutely brilliant effort from our boys tonight. Just wasn't our night unfortunately, but I suppose the old cliche of being able to focus on the league can be pulled out once more here. Onwards and upwards. There have been plenty of positives to take out of our cup journey that will hopefully help us push on for promotion.[/quote']

Trust Preston to finally get a Premier League referee and its bloomin' Jon Moss!

Arsenal v Everton

Brighton & Hove Albion or Hull City v Sunderland

Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton Athletic

Manchester City v Wigan Athletic

I'd like to see Hull, Wigan or Sunderland win it.

Although it is likely to be one of Everton, Arsenal or City though...

After that draw don't that mean only the top 5 in the Prem will get into Europe as both cup places winners or runners up will finish below top 5?

League Cup carries a place in Europe doesn't it? Since Man City won that, then doesn't the place get added to the league? In which case top six currently get it and should Man City/Arsenal win then top seven would.

League Cup carries a place in Europe doesn't it? Since Man City won that' date=' then doesn't the place get added to the league? In which case top six currently get it and should Man City/Arsenal win then top seven would.[/quote']

Always used to be runner up got the places

So Sunderland are in Europe next season? Along with one of Hull' date=' Sheffield United or Wigan?

:o[/quote']

UEFA Europa League

There are three places in the UEFA Europa League available: the FA Cup winners will enter at the Group Stage; the fifth place team in the Barclays Premier League will enter at the Play-Off stage; and the Football League Cup winners will enter at the Q3 stage.

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

English winners of the UEFA Europa League will enter at the Group Stage, gaining an extra domestic place only if they fail to qualify through other means for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. If the holders of the UEFA Europa League have already qualified for Europe, no extra domestic place will be gained.

Should the FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Football League Cup winners already have qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Premier League.