Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

Hull/Sheffield United is proving to be a great FA Cup tie. I'm a neutral and don't mind who wins' date=' but it would be nice to see a league one side get to the final.[/quote']

Great game, think now Hull have gone in front there will be no way back for united but we shall see.

Arsenal won't be fretting whoever gets to the final based on the defensive performance by both clubs today.

Great game' date=' think now Hull have gone in front there will be no way back for united but we shall see.

Arsenal won't be fretting whoever gets to the final based on the defensive performance by both clubs today.[/quote']

You never know Ray, it is the FA Cup after all ;)

It'll be tricky for Sheffield United now though, I agree. Still, I hope they manage to make the end of the game even more interesting.

4-3! 3 added minutes... game on!

Edit: 5-3! Cruel on Sheffield United, but it's something that happens a lot when you push everyone up. They had to do that really, and unfortunately for them that was the consequence of doing so that we commonly see.

Well done to Hull anyway, what a fantastic game!

I hope Hull stick it to Arsenal 'Birmingham' style as some Gunners think it's their god given right to win it this year!

But like Ray said' date=' defensively not worrying is it :P[/quote']

Hardly god given, Hull in PL, Wigan in Championship and we scrape past them.

More pressure on this than the whole of season combined. Hope Koscielny is back and Monreal is out as him and Vermaelen scare me.

'We came, we saw, and we bloody well conquered!!'...i was there Ashtini on sunday and Worcester were brilliant, Coventry didnt know what had hit them!!!

here's two absolutely superb highlights clips taken from the game from different angles/perspectives!! Enjoy!

9_lRRAuuXc0

h3NR4G-bFL8

The full 3rd round draw:

Arsenal v Hull City

Southampton v Ipswich Town

Stoke City v Wrexham

Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers

Dover Athletic v Crystal Palace

AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool

Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday

Aldershot/ Rochdale v Nottingham Forest

West Bromwich Albion v Gateshead

Blyth Spartans v Birmingham City

Aston Villa v Blackpool

Rotherham United v Bournemouth

Huddersfield Town v Reading

Oxford United/ Tranmere Rovers v Swansea

Cardiff City v Colchester United

Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic

Sunderland v Leeds United

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur

Millwall v Bradford City

Derby County v Southport

Brentford v Brighton and Hove Albion

Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Leicester City v Newcastle United

Shorpe/ Worcester City v Chesterfield

Everton v West Ham United

Cambridge United/ Mansfield v Bury/ Luton

Chelsea v Watford

Barnsley/ Chester v Middlesbrough

QPR v Sheffield United

Accrington Stanley/ Yeovil v Manchester United

Preston North End v Norwich City

Doncaster v Bristol City

North End were one ball away from United :(

Anyway, Norwich at home is a much more winnable tie, so every cloud. I'm quite happy with that.

Elsewhere, a few of the underdogs will take on the bigger boys, whilst the first fixture drawn is a repeat of last years final. Overall, it looks like a very nice third round draw.

'We came' date=' we saw, and we bloody well conquered!!'...i was there Ashtini on sunday and Worcester were brilliant, Coventry didnt know what had hit them!!!

here's two absolutely superb highlights clips taken from the game from different angles/perspectives!! Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE']9_lRRAuuXc0[/YOUTUBE]

h3NR4G-bFL8

I was at the NFL when this was on. Magnificent.

What an unbelievable effort from us there. We were better than Shorpe but try held their nerve in the shootout when it mattered, good luck to them.

Couple of our players will be on a few higher league radars now.

Very proud.

What an unbelievable effort from us there. We were better than Shorpe but try held their nerve in the shootout when it mattered' date=' good luck to them.

Very proud.[/quote']

massively proud but heartbreaking at the same time mate....we totally deserved to beat them in the game....

we've played 5 hours of football against 2 league 1 teams and come out of it technically unbeaten which is just fantastic for a squad that was built on a budget of 140k for the season and plays 3 levels lower!!

What an unbelievable effort from us there. We were better than Shorpe but try held their nerve in the shootout when it mattered' date=' good luck to them.

Very proud.[/quote']

I thought you were a Chelsea fan?

Gutted for Blythe, I really started to believe when they went 2-0 up! Still I'm sure the money from their little run will be a bit of a consolation.

Pulis couldn't of wished for a better start, even though it was against Gateshead.

Noticed Vossen on the vidiprinter for Middlesbrough, I had no idea that he had moved there. Wasn't he supposed to be a bit of a prospect a few tears ago, I remember him scoring a fair few goals for Genk.

Fantastic game at Prenton Park today, the second half was one of the most entertaining I have seen. Ended up sitting in the Swansea end as I couldn't be bothered waiting for a ticket in a massive queue. Glad I did as it was a good atmosphere although the Swansea fans need to learn that people who support Tranmere are not scousers, other than that they were quite funny and sung throughout the game.

On the game I thought Carroll was fantastic for Swansea and took his goal well. Gomis never looked bothered all game and then casually ripped the Tranmere player for the last goal. Swansea weren't ever in real danger and overall it was a good game.

Fantastic game at Prenton Park today' date=' the second half was one of the most entertaining I have seen. Ended up sitting in the Swansea end as I couldn't be bothered waiting for a ticket in a massive queue. Glad I did as it was a good atmosphere although the Swansea fans need to learn that people who support Tranmere are not scousers, other than that they were quite funny and sung throughout the game.

On the game I thought Carroll was fantastic for Swansea and took his goal well. Gomis never looked bothered all game and then casually ripped the Tranmere player for the last goal. Swansea weren't ever in real danger and overall it was a good game.[/quote']

Yeh, it was a very good game and it was a very enjoyable watch. We made it look fairly comfortable considering it was a bit of a potential banana skin with Tranmere in a decent bit of form and home advantage.

Gomis second goal was phenomenal, also did very well with his two assists and his other goal. Carroll was impressive, but man of the match for me would be Marvin Emnes who was involved in pretty much everything going forward.