Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

Yeh' date=' it was a very good game and it was a very enjoyable watch. We made it look fairly comfortable considering it was a bit of a potential banana skin with Tranmere in a decent bit of form and home advantage.

Gomis second goal was phenomenal, also did very well with his two assists and his other goal. Carroll was impressive, but man of the match for me would be Marvin Emnes who was involved in pretty much everything going forward.[/quote']

Did you go? Whenever you attacked it looked like you were going to score the Tranmere defence were awful and you could have easily had more. Fon Williams is terrible as well, doesn't he get called up for the Wales squad?

Yeh' date=' it was a very good game and it was a very enjoyable watch. We made it look fairly comfortable considering it was a bit of a potential banana skin with Tranmere in a decent bit of form and home advantage.

Gomis second goal was phenomenal, also did very well with his two assists and his other goal. Carroll was impressive, [b']but man of the match for me would be Marvin Emnes who was involved in pretty much everything going forward[/b].

Was about to ask you this. Do you reckon he will start next match against West Ham?

Did you go? Whenever you attacked it looked like you were going to score the Tranmere defence were awful and you could have easily had more. Fon Williams is terrible as well' date=' doesn't he get called up for the Wales squad?[/quote']

I didn't go but I was able to stream the game.

Yes, Fon Williams is a regular in the squad but hasn't been capped. The quality of back up goalkeepers is dreadful for Wales.

Was about to ask you this. Do you reckon he will start next match against West Ham?

I doubt it due to the form of Gylfi Sigurdsson which is unfortunate for him as he couldn't have done any more today.

I'm sure he'll feature at some point though.

I doubt it due to the form of Gylfi Sigurdsson which is unfortunate for him as he couldn't have done any more today.

I'm sure he'll feature at some point though.

Cheers, would like some attacker from Swans since Bony gone, for my fantasy.

I think right now, I would like to see how Gomis play first, then decide it.

Cheers' date=' would like some attacker from Swans since Bony gone, for my fantasy.

I think right now, I would like to see how Gomis play first, then decide it.[/quote']

Go Gomis, he's guaranteed to start the next few games (injury aside) and has played very well in the last three games.

Big win for us yesterday. I said after the draw that Norwich were beatable, and since then they have improved and find themselves outside the play offs, so it was by no means ever going to be a walk in the park. However, it was exactly that :P

They didn't register a shot on target, which was due to a combination of both our defensive performance and Norwich not really showing up on the day. The latter obviously made the former easier, but saying they didn't show up makes it sound like we only had to play averagely, which we didn't.

All in all, bring on the draw tomorrow. I'll take anyone but a fellow league one team :)

Preston' date=' nice easy tie:p[/quote']

I actually wouldn't mind Everton. I've been waiting for us to come up against a big club in a competitive manner for a few years now. Guess I'd be waiting a big longer should we come up against you ;):D

At home' date=' with a few lagers. Nice sunny day. Man United at home to Liverpool.[/quote']

Sounds good. There's nothing like a heated rivalry in the cup.

I actually wouldn't mind Everton. I've been waiting for us to come up against a big club in a competitive manner for a few years now. Guess I'd be waiting a big longer should we come up against you ;):D

Sounds good. There's nothing like a heated rivalry in the cup.

To be honest we probably wont even be in the draw, not expecting much against West Ham.

All in all' date=' bring on the draw tomorrow. I'll take anyone but a fellow league one team :)[/quote']

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we got one of the only other league one sides left :P

Typical, although I'll go back on my comment. That's a very winnable one :)