Manchester United v Arsenal

Aston Villa v West Brom

Semi Finals:

Man United v Liverpool

West Brom v Bradford

Final:

Man United v West Brom

Man United to win the FA Cup :P

Hey, hey, VP will be a fortress come March 7th ;)

We got dis

Edit: also, we've got WBA in the league on Tuesday the 3rd of March at home too.

Re: Official FA Cup Thread

Unbelievable that the likes of Martin Keown, Phil Neville and Roy Hodgson can honestly think Wayne Rooney didn't dive yesterday, and that it was a penalty :P

The English National Team have a manager, on a multi million pound a year contract, that has no idea about the laws of the game.

Had that been anyone bar the captain of the England side, he'd be getting all the criticism he deserves.

To suggest he was 'getting out of the way', is ridiculous given that he didn't protest the award of the penalty, had the opportunity to continue his run after jumping over Stuckmann and attempted to leave his leg trailing for as long as possible to simulate contact.

When the media appear to find this acceptable, then we won't get any closer to tackling what is the rapidly growing issue of diving from British players. That sort of behaviour can't be deemed as acceptable, but when the younger generation are watching this and seeing their countries national team manager deem it as acceptable of course they'll be encouraged to 'get out of the way'.

Unbelievable that the likes of Martin Keown' date=' Phil Neville and Roy Hodgson can honestly think Wayne Rooney didn't dive yesterday, and that it was a penalty :P

The English National Team have a manager, on a multi million pound a year contract, that has no idea about the laws of the game.

Had that been anyone bar the captain of the England side, he'd be getting all the criticism he deserves.

To suggest he was 'getting out of the way', is ridiculous given that he didn't protest the award of the penalty, had the opportunity to continue his run after jumping over Stuckmann and attempted to leave his leg trailing for as long as possible to simulate contact.

When the media appear to find this acceptable, then we won't get any closer to tackling what is the rapidly growing issue of diving from British players. That sort of behaviour can't be deemed as acceptable, but when the younger generation are watching this and seeing their countries national team manager deem it as acceptable of course they'll be encouraged to 'get out of the way'.[/quote']

The lick the asses of the English players though,especially Rooney and Gerrard! :P

Just checking is there a draw for the semi-finals?

Every year.

Hey' date=' hey, VP will be a fortress come March 7th ;)

We got dis

Edit: also, we've got WBA in the league on Tuesday the 3rd of March at home too.[/quote']

Think you need to beat them at home if not then they will go through imo.

Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Rightly so. We're going to Wembley :D

This being the 7th or 8th win they have seen at home all season can do that to fans

This. Plus we scored two goals in a game. Again!

Great picture of Ruggermad today.

Hahaha you bell :P

Need to spread.

I'm gonna be looking through that crowd Monday night for some revenge ;)

Am I the only person who thought that the actions of the Villa fans was pretty disgusting...I mean they behaved Worse than the one in Noisy's photos.

I understand they are excited and they ain't had to much to shout about but at the end of the day you have beaten West Brom at home, hardly the type of all conquering achievement that really warrants such an outpouring of unbridled joy now is......:o

Not scenes you really want to see at a football ground even Villa's own players said they felt in danger and with people with plastic willys strapped to there head invading the pitch who can blame them....

Am I the only person who thought that the actions of the Villa fans was pretty disgusting...I mean they behaved and acted like bigger peni5 heads than the one in Noisy's photos.

I understand they are excited and they ain't had to much to shout about but at the end of the day you have beaten West Brom at home' date=' hardly the type of all conquering achievement that really warrants such an outpouring of unbridled joy now is......:o

Not scenes you really want to see at a football ground even Villa's own players said they felt in danger and with people with plastic willys strapped to there head invading the pitch who can blame them....[/quote']

Was idiotic to come on before the final whistle. However I don't really see the post game pitch invasion as terrible as you're making it out. It's something that's very common in games like this (I.e. A 1/4 or 1/2 final). The behaviour from sections of both fans before, during and after the game was disgusting however. West Brom fans ripped a large amount of seats out and threw them into the Villa fans apparently (an accusation made by a WBA fan) as well as throwing coins, beer, bottles etc.

The argument about kick off time for a fiery derby in a big cup quarter final is a valid one IMO. However the FA never seem to learn. The same WBA fan was saying that sections of their away support were in the pubs at 9-10am. If the game was at 12.45 you could argue that the anti social behaviour would have been less.

I think as well it's worth mentioning that given the recent few years and the trouble we've been in, today was clearly an emotional day and an opportunity for something positive to happen for the club and we saw that probably manifest itself at the end of the game. This is excusing the behaviour but it might however be an explanation for it. The Villa fans, and I include myself in this, now have something to look forward to. And it's been an incredibly long time coming!

Was idiotic to come on before the final whistle. However I don't really see the post game pitch invasion as terrible as you're making it out. It's something that's very common in games like this (I.e. A 1/4 or 1/2 final). The behaviour from sections of both fans before' date=' during and after the game was disgusting however. West Brom fans ripped a large amount of seats out and threw them into the Villa fans apparently (an accusation made by a WBA fan) as well as throwing coins, beer, bottles etc.

The argument about kick off time for a fiery derby in a big cup quarter final is a valid one IMO. However the FA never seem to learn. The same WBA fan was saying that sections of their away support were in the pubs at 9-10am. If the game was at 12.45 you could argue that the anti social behaviour would have been less.

I think as well it's worth mentioning that given the recent few years and the trouble we've been in, today was clearly an emotional day and an opportunity for something positive to happen for the club and we saw that probably manifest itself at the end of the game. This is excusing the behaviour but it might however be an explanation for it. The Villa fans, and I include myself in this, now have something to look forward to. And it's been an incredibly long time coming![/quote']

The F.A sacrifice safety for money, there is no other reason why they consistently schedule derby games on a weekend in the evening. It's no wonder that the costs to police a game are so high for clubs. There would still be trouble if the game had been a 12:45 kick off but it would be no where near the amount that it was.

Anyway congratulations for getting through, I hope your day at Wembley is as good as ours was in the semi final.

The F.A sacrifice safety for money' date=' there is no other reason why they consistently schedule derby games on a weekend in the evening. It's no wonder that the costs to police a game are so high for clubs. There would still be trouble if the game had been a 12:45 kick off but it would be no where near the amount that it was.

Anyway congratulations for getting through, I hope your day at Wembley is as good as ours was in the semi final.[/quote']

If we walk the semi like you did vs Bolton then it definitely will be :P

The way the BBC have portrayed the whole pitch invasion is horrendous, firstly it's a product of their own making in the scheduling of the game which prioritised money over safety. Added to that, what actually happened? Are people really getting that worked up over a pitch invasion, it's football, a game of emotion. Aston Villa fans have had something to celebrate for the first time in a long time, and they've celebrated. To act as if a pitch invasion is dangerous to the players or the product of mindless idiots is to not understand football fan culture. A few chairs ripped up? So what, it's a derby, it's expected, with the TV revenue and profit comes the added cost of policing, security and ground reparations.