Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: Official FA Cup Thread

The way the BBC have portrayed the whole pitch invasion is horrendous' date=' firstly it's a product of their own making in the scheduling of the game which prioritised money over safety. Added to that, what actually happened? Are people really getting that worked up over a pitch invasion, it's football, a game of emotion. Aston Villa fans have had something to celebrate for the first time in a long time, and they've celebrated. To act as if a pitch invasion is dangerous to the players or the product of mindless idiots is to not understand football fan culture. A few chairs ripped up? So what, it's a derby, it's expected, with the TV revenue and profit comes the added cost of policing, security and ground reparations.[/quote']

So what if a few chairs are ripped up deary me :rolleyes:

Have you ever witnessed a chair being ripped up and thrown from an elevated height in a football ground?? I have and it ain't nice, if somebody rips up one of those things throws it from height and hits another fan/player it could kill them that ain't exaggeration it is just fact.

By the way the BBC don't control the fans nor does the scheduling give the fans "excuses" or probable cause for acting like Morons.

Now I am not denying 95% of those fans running on were most probably harmless! just celebrating (not in the way they should) the win but it only takes one moron to do something stupid and it does endanger the players.

Plus millions of games kick off at 7.45 and they go off without this stupid behavouir, Arsenal V Spurs, Everton V Liverpool both high emotion local derbies they both kicked off at 5.30 this season and they didn't use that as an excuse to act like morons.

I don't want to take the emotion out of football but you don't need to do pitch invasions to express emotion and joy.....

It ain't like the 1980's as somebody said which was ridiculous but at the same time you can't take such a complacent attitude to player safety and the fans themselves for that matter.

The BBC tweeted out that 'there's nothing like an FA Cup pitch invasion' after Warrington beat Exeter in November.

Now they're making references back to how football was in the 1980s. It's ludicrous. Whilst there were incidents at the game, it was nowhere near the state football was in 30 years ago. I'm disappointed Lawro said that.

We should be talking about how great we were and the occasion but all this has been taken well out of proportion

Villa haven't had much to celebrate this season, they've just won a local derby and are on their way to a Wembley semi-final. Other than some fans running on the pitch prior to the full time whistle, what's the problem with Villa celebrating in the fashion they did?

Villa haven't had much to celebrate this season' date=' they've just won a local derby and are on their way to a Wembley semi-final. Other than some fans running on the pitch prior to the full time whistle, what's the problem with Villa celebrating in the fashion they did?[/quote']

There is a problem when there fans start confronting opposition players and striking them as is the case allegedly with Mcmanaman.....

Stealing from there own players trying to rip off boats, being bitten by there own fans and physically laying there hands on them......

No, no problem there :rolleyes:

Come on Ben seriously that kinda behaviour can't be acceptable...

There is a problem when there fans start confronting opposition players and striking them as is the case allegedly with Mcmanaman.....

Stealing from there own players trying to rip off boats' date=' being bitten by there own fans and physically laying there hands on them......

No, no problem there :rolleyes:

Come on Ben seriously that kinda behaviour can't be acceptable...[/quote']

Those are disgusting acts, and I hope those involved are found and punished/banned, but they don't represent every single fan that pitch invaded. That isn't acceptable, and it's hard to draw the line on what is seen as a minor or major incident, but pitch invasions don't usually do much harm in general.

I can understand there being a bit of an uproar about the incidents that you mentioned, but stories like the BBC have published in relation to one incident dragging British football back to the 80's? Do me a favour.

Those are disgusting acts' date=' and I hope those involved are found and punished/banned, but they don't represent every single fan that pitch invaded. That isn't acceptable, and it's hard to draw the line on what is seen as a minor or major incident, but pitch invasions don't usually do much harm in general.

I can understand there being a bit of an uproar about the incidents that you mentioned, but stories like the BBC have published in relation to one incident dragging British football back to the 80's? Do me a favour.[/quote']

Oh I agree with the last paragraph in the sense that the BBC writer Phil Mcnulty has written is a complete OTT reaction and his view really on this issue holds little or no credence...

But the fact remains as I have said before 95%+ of those involved will be an innocent explosion of joy and mean no harm but it only takes a few idiots or even one to do something and do you really trust fans enough to in the heat of battle be left on the pitch with the players??

majority yes, but there will always be idiots and you can't endanger the safety of players.

I was at the game in the Holte, in the upper end though but wouldnt have invaded if we did.

The invasion before FT was moronic but once can safely presume the initial offenders thought the game was finished and the rest followed. Idiots though as it is a little embarrassing

In regards to the incident over all, the BBC have exaggeratted the reporting of it. Calling it a throw back to the 80's is crazy 99% were running around jumping and hugging each other and singing whilst facing the Holte end.

A group ran toward the albion fans and sang towards them, this was potentially an issue which caused further violence. Which included albion fans throwing seats and woman and children below them with several hospital admissions and one man have his head glued back together after one of the chairs hit him. This is disgusting behaviour and i feel a little peeved this hasnt been widely reported.

The whole incident was rather embarrassing but it was people overwhelmed with joy in beating our rivals two games in a row after seasons with no hope or desire. It was not a hooligan or violenced based invasion pitch.

What the hell the FA and BBC were thinking putting a derby game on at 5.30??? Both sets of fans drinking all day, youre giving idiots the opportunity to drink themselves into oblivion before the game. Nout wrong with getting tanked up before the game but only when your not a cretin of a human or have self control.

This whole incident will sadly overshadow the game which we undoubtedly deserved to win after a very poor first half.

So what if a few chairs are ripped up deary me :rolleyes:

Have you ever witnessed a chair being ripped up and thrown from an elevated height in a football ground?? I have and it ain't nice' date=' if somebody rips up one of those things throws it from height and hits another fan/player it could kill them that ain't exaggeration it is just fact.

By the way the BBC don't control the fans nor does the scheduling give the fans "excuses" or probable cause for acting like Morons.

Now I am not denying 95% of those fans running on were most probably harmless! just celebrating (not in the way they should) the win but it only takes one moron to do something stupid and it does endanger the players.

Plus millions of games kick off at 7.45 and they go off without this stupid behavouir, Arsenal V Spurs, Everton V Liverpool both high emotion local derbies they both kicked off at 5.30 this season and they didn't use that as an excuse to act like morons.

I don't want to take the emotion out of football but you don't need to do pitch invasions to express emotion and joy.....

It ain't like the 1980's as somebody said which was ridiculous but at the same time you can't take such a complacent attitude to player safety and the fans themselves for that matter.[/quote']

I'm not advocating the ripping up of chairs, I have witnessed it and know it's dangerous but to suggest that sort of action justifies the statements that the BBC have made is ludicrous. That all pitch invaders were mindless idiots and that like it was something out of the 1980's, that's the point I was trying to make although I can see I've not worded it well. The 'so what' point was directed at those claiming West Brom had damaged the infrastructure of the ground.

We have really be criticized due to performances in the whole season but the regular Man Utd watchers would tell that the performances have really picked up and we were very good against Swansea, Sunderland and Newcastle so I think that we are finally playing the football we should although its totally different to the Sir's way so people will find us boring but we thoroughly dominated the last games. Arsenal is the perfect team to judge that whether its just three games or we are finally playing "THE LVG WAY"

fair play to Villa' date='had a feeling they would win,should have put some money on it! Didn't see it,but how did Grealish play?[/quote']

Grealish had a great game, set up Delph goal but his kid shin pad and short socks look ridiculous

Arsenal retain the cup with a 4-0 noncing of a poor Villa side. Walcott opens from a saanchez assist before a Sanchez belter. A weak Mertesacker goal sealed the deal before a last minute Giroud signiature flickfrom another sub in the Ox.

WDYG what a great campaign!