Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

No-one mentioned Posh vs West Brom?

Drew 1-1, I think we should have won. The atmosphere in the away end of the ground was electric, can't say that for the rest of the ground tho :P

Yet another game against West Brom on the 13th (I think), and I believe on today's performance, we could beat them. (You could class me as biased, I'm a Posh fan :D)

I would love to see how Tom saw the game from the other teams perspective, as I believe Posh should have won... :rolleyes:

No-one mentioned Posh vs West Brom?

Drew 1-1' date=' I think we should have won. The atmosphere in the away end of the ground was electric, can't say that for the rest of the ground tho :P

Yet another game against West Brom on the 13th (I think), and I believe on today's performance, we could beat them. (You could class me as biased, I'm a Posh fan :D)

I would love to see how Tom saw the game from the other teams perspective, as I believe Posh should have won... :rolleyes:[/quote']

WBA proved they're not worthy of their place in the Premiership with this performance. Although Posh have a great attack with how big a club WBA are they should really take the win even if it was a lucky lead they took. Posh worked hard though and proved how good a football team we are.

WBA proved they're not worthy of their place in the Premiership with this performance. Although Posh have a great attack with how big a club WBA are they should really take the win even if it was a lucky lead they took. Posh worked hard though and proved how good a football team we are.

Chelsea's wasn't much cop but their second, Stoke lost its giant killing

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Its why we all love this sport it just goes to show how brilliant football is. Always nice when these shocks happen as well as it is nice to point out to the people who play SM and expect there star team to win all the time.

So far Preston have been lucky to go in at ht one down' date=' what is up with Keane he should of buried his chances. Perhaps with that little bit of luck Preston can fight back in the second half.[/quote']

Good post, the FA Cup is a prime example of the unpredictability of football. So many times we see David and Goliath acts in the game and yet, as leamingtonsteve says, people here on SM think that just because they have a superior team, they MUST win, well football doesn't always work that way and there lies the beauty of the game. David

Good to see Mackail-Smith score. :D

Torquay going through, great result. All ma relatives live in Plymouth, so I've been to Torquay a few times and watched them play. Hope they go up this year, shame they couldn't have gone up with Exeter last year.

'Tis a shame FGR couldn't beat Derby. I was laughing my head off and thinking of how Sam would take it. :P Now that's not the same team that are in the CC semis!

N. Forest victory was awesome, 3-0 away from home. Commentator said it has to be the shock of the round, and Jeff claimed he obviously didn't see Hartlepool then. :P To be fair, their both equal in terms of shock - Hartlepool at home, weaker Prem side, Forest away, 3-0, against a pretty strong (but under-achieving) Prem team. Both great shocks.

Not a bad birthday for Peter Clarke either. :D

Yeah' date=' gutting for us 2 thousand Blades fans that went down, cant make the replayed match as its on a week on Tuesday, cant make it because of school.[/quote']

4000 Posh fans made the trip to West Brom :P

And yeah, Seftinho, Mackail-Smith was fantastic throughout the game. How comes you like him so much? Well, I'm guessing you do since you said "Good to see Mackail-Smith score." :D Mackail-Smith and McLean is a fantastic goal-scoring partnership. Them two and George Boyd last season got over 60 goals between them I think :D

I believe we can beat West Brom at London Road, it will be a good game anyway.

Preston gave it their all but eventually lost to Liverpool 2-0. ITV and Sky were incredibly biased when I watched the footage back, as I was there live, and Preston had some clear chances. Sky made it sound like we never showed up. Also the goals were Premier-League class, Lonergan couldnt have done anything about both. He got MoM. Parkin was stupid, he didnt have to pull down Carragher. And the ref had a 10 minute spell of continually getting decisions wrong, for both sides.

At least we can now concentrate on the Championship.

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Liverpool v Everton - Derby!

Southampton/Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Hully City/Newcastle United v Millwall/Crewe

Sunderland v Blyth/Blackburn Rovers

Hartlepool United v West Ham United

Orient or Sheffield United v Charlton/Noriwch

Cardiff City v Arsenal

Portsmouth/Bristol City v Histon/Swansea

Chelsea/Southend United v Ipswich Town

Chelt'ham/Doncaster Rovers v Aston Villa

WBA/Peterbrough v Queens Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United v Coventry City

Kettering Town v Fulham

Watford v Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolves v Middlesbrough

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Hull City/Newcastle United v Millwall/Crewe

Cardiff City v Arsenal

WBA/Peterbrough v Queens Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United v Coventry City

Kettering Town v Fulham

Watford v Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolves v Middlesbrough

Some good games in there,

Firstly, Merseyside Derby pulled out first.

Possible Carling Cup finalists could play if Utd beat Southampton.

Aaron Ramsey could play against his former club.

Billy Davies back at Derby, but in the opposition dug-out.

Am pleased that my local team matched villa and gave them a run for their millions ;)

I thought milner joined villa this summer just gone?

not 4 years ago?

Or am I just getting old?

anyway well done gills.

He was on loan in 2005. I think BBC were looking for some trivia, because yes, thats 52 games since his last 'Villa' goal, but he played and scored for Newcastle between then.

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Hully City/Newcastle United v Millwall/Crewe

Cardiff City v Arsenal