Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

My two cents on the game..

Who had to score in the 10 minute period at the start of the game where we were playing well. After about 15 minutes we allowed Arsenal to play. All week, the top pundits and various Villa forums have said; "Don't let Arsenal play, at least challenge them". We just stood off and watched in awe as they built phase after phase up which is incredibly disappointing as one thing I thought would be guaranteed from us today would be passion and desire. Instead we found ourselves getting frustrated as Arsenal walked round us. First goal was disappointing defensively whilst the second was phenomenal. Could argue he should've been closed quicker but frankly there's not a lot you can do. Third was a joke and fourth was after game was up.

That said, the last ten minutes was a disgraceful display of refereeing from John Moss. In that space of time he made 3 or 4 horrendous decision (including two stonewall penalties) and was just refusing to engage in any relatively big decision going our way.

It was also nice for the Arsenal fans to turn up after 88 minutes and join everyone else who had been there singing since before the game started. Awesome effort to start singing at 3-0 up on 90 minutes.

Villa fans were phenomenal. Noise sounded great through the telly so it must have been amazing. Oh if the performance matched it.

Well done Arsenal. Worthy winners on the day

My two cents on the game..

Who had to score in the 10 minute period at the start of the game where we were playing well. After about 15 minutes we allowed Arsenal to play. All week' date=' the top pundits and various Villa forums have said; "Don't let Arsenal play, at least challenge them". We just stood off and watched in awe as they built phase after phase up which is incredibly disappointing as one thing I thought would be guaranteed from us today would be passion and desire. Instead we found ourselves getting frustrated as Arsenal walked round us. First goal was disappointing defensively whilst the second was phenomenal. Could argue he should've been closed quicker but frankly there's not a lot you can do. Third was a joke and fourth was after game was up.

That said, the last ten minutes was a disgraceful display of refereeing from John Moss. In that space of time he made 3 or 4 horrendous decision (including two stonewall penalties) and was just refusing to engage in any relatively big decision going our way.

It was also nice for the Arsenal fans to turn up after 88 minutes and join everyone else who had been there singing since before the game started. Awesome effort to start singing at 3-0 up on 90 minutes.

Villa fans were phenomenal. Noise sounded great through the telly so it must have been amazing. Oh if the performance matched it.

Well done Arsenal. Worthy winners on the day[/quote']

Bitter much? One "penalty" was outside the box and the second the bloke had lost control of the ball.

Bitter much? One "penalty" was outside the box and the second the bloke had lost control of the ball.

Lol ok Fern.

One thing you can take from my post is that I'm disappointed yes, but not bitter. I said you deserved to win. What more do you want? The last ten minutes the refereeing was a disgrace.

I personally thought Arsenal were in control of the game from start till finish, I know it took up until the 40th min to score but the chances and play before that was all going one way and that was towards Villa's penalty box.

The Agbonlahor tackle should have been a free kick late on and the Bellerin challenge was 50/50 in terms of being given, you could argue Grealish had lost control of the ball but Bellerin did tug him back.

I expected more of a challenge from Villa if I am honest and thought they made it all too easy for Arsenal.

I personally thought Arsenal were in control of the game from start till finish' date=' I know it took up until the 40th min to score but the chances and play before that was all going one way and that was towards Villa's penalty box.

The Agbonlahor tackle should have been a free kick late on and the Bellerin challenge was 50/50 in terms of being given, you could argue Grealish had lost control of the ball but Bellerin did tug him back.

I expected more of a challenge from Villa if I am honest and thought they made it all too easy for Arsenal.[/quote']

I agree. That was the most disappointing thing. Before the Southampton game we had fought every second in all our games. The last three games of the season we were pants. It's frustrating enough losing a final but feeling that your team didn't put 100% effort in is frustrating. You could argue Arsenal just played well (which you did) but we made it so much easier for them.

As for the Bellerin 'tackle', outside the box it's a free kick, ball in control or not. You can't just chuck people around the pitch lol

FA Cup third-round draw:

Arsenal v Sunderland

Birmingham v Bournemouth

Brentford v Chesterfield/Walsall

Bury v Bradford City

Cardiff City v Grimsby/Shrewsbury

Carlisle v Yeovil

Chelsea v Leyton Orient/Shorpe

Colchester v Charlton

Doncaster v Stoke City

Eastleigh v Bolton

Everton v Dagenham & Redbridge/Whitehawk

Exeter City v Liverpool

Huddersfield v Reading

Hull City v Brighton

Ipswich v Portsmouth

Leeds United v Rotherham

Manchester United v Sheffield United

Middlesbrough v Burnley

Newport County v Blackburn

Northampton v MK Dons

Norwich v Manchester City

Nottingham Forest v QPR

Oxford United v Swansea

Peterborough v Preston NE

Salford City/Hartlepool v Derby

Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham

Southampton v Crystal Palace

Tottenham v Leicester

Watford v Newcastle

West Bromwich v Bristol City

West Ham v Wolves

Wycombe v Aston Villa

Ties to be played 8-11 January

Dammit!! In true Bullseye sense its a case of 'here's what you woudve won!'

Manchester Utd vs Worcester City *sigh* the dream ticket away if we had somehow got through Sheffield Utd in the first round! :(

Oh well..roll on next year lol