Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Liverpool v Everton - Derby!

Southampton/Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Hully City/Newcastle United v Millwall/Crewe

Sunderland v Blyth/Blackburn Rovers

Hartlepool United v West Ham United

Orient or Sheffield United v Charlton/Noriwch

Cardiff City v Arsenal

Portsmouth/Bristol City v Histon/Swansea

Chelsea/Southend United v Ipswich Town

Chelt'ham/Doncaster Rovers v Aston Villa

WBA/Peterbrough v Queens Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United v Coventry City

Kettering Town v Fulham

Watford v Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolves v Middlesbrough

1.LFC v Everton: LFC have a pretty average home record while Everton have an excellent away record. I edge just slitghly to Everton.

2.I see it as Unied vs Spurs with United coming out winners.

3.Whichever Prem team is in the third game will win it IMO.

4.This is a tricky one...think Blackburn will make round 4 vs Blyth but I reckon Sunderland will edge it in that tie.

5.Well West Ham of course!

6.A toughie this one. I think it'll be Sheffild United vs Norwich in the fourth round with the Blades going through.

7.Arsenal.

8. I can see it being Pompey vs Histon as they are the non league side left that have had the hardest journey to get here and Swansea will get hit like they got hit vs Havant and Waterlooville last year. Pompey to go through, though.

9. Unfortunately Big Phil didn't draw at Roots Hall so they could lose on penalties at the Bridge, but I can see Chelsea making round 4 and beating Ipswitc. Hope I'm proved wrong though!

10. Villa

11. I see it being WBA vs QPR and the Baggies progressing to round 5.

12. Coventry.

13. Fulham. What a tie for Kettering though.

14. Will probably be Watford vs Palace and Palace winning.

15. Nottingham Forest.

16. It will be Wolves vs Boro and Boro to go through

1.LFC v Everton: LFC have a pretty average home record while Everton have an excellent away record. I edge just slitghly to Everton.

2.I see it as Unied vs Spurs with United coming out winners.

3.Whichever Prem team is in the third game will win it IMO.

4.This is a tricky one...think Blackburn will make round 4 vs Blyth but I reckon Sunderland will edge it in that tie.

5.Well Hartlepool United of course!

6.A toughie this one. I think it'll be Sheffild United vs Norwich in the fourth round with the Blades going through.

7.Arsenal.

8. I can see it being Pompey vs Histon as they are the non league side left that have had the hardest journey to get here and Swansea will get hit like they got hit vs Havant and Waterlooville last year. Pompey to go through' date=' though.

9. Unfortunately Big Phil didn't draw at Roots Hall so they could lose on penalties at the Bridge, but I can see Chelsea making round 4 and beating Ipswitc. Hope I'm proved wrong though!

10. Villa

11. I see it being WBA vs QPR and the Baggies progressing to round 5.

12. Coventry.

13. Fulham. What a tie for Kettering though.

14. Will probably be Watford vs Palace and Palace winning.

15. Nottingham Forest.

16. It will be Bham vs Boro and Bham to go through[/quote']

I have made a few changes to your post, and that is what it should be. ;)

Firstly we have to beat s'ton:D This is the first time we have drawn a non EPL club(southampton) in 12 matches

and they beat you in '76. All over BBC sport. :)

I'm happy with our draw. So long as we tame Hartepool and don''t let their fans overpower the lads we'll be OK. :)

btw Louis when are the games scheduled?

What a surprise. Changed mine to favour Hartlepool abd yours to favour your own side. :rolleyes::) (Pure sarcasm no offence taken)

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Liverpool v Everton - Derby!

Southampton/Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Hully City/Newcastle United v Millwall/Crewe

Sunderland v Blyth/Blackburn Rovers

Hartlepool United v West Ham United

Orient or Sheffield United v Charlton/Noriwch

Cardiff City v Arsenal

Portsmouth/Bristol City v Histon/Swansea

Chelsea/Southend United v Ipswich Town

Chelt'ham/Doncaster Rovers v Aston Villa

WBA/Peterbrough v Queens Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United v Coventry City

Kettering Town v Fulham

Watford v Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolves v Middlesbrough

Yehhh Boyyy :D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

2-1 to Aston Villa' date=' very lucky, Villa were bound to win anyway.[/quote']

The referee couldn't have been better placed and still awarded a penalty, another terrible decision that has cost Gillingham a replay and much needed revenue. When are the FA going to sort this problem out with really bad refereeing decisions that cost teams dearly. I was never in favour of tele replays to help get the right decision but having played and watched football all my life, the past couple of seasons, particularly this season, the standards of officials is deplorable. We all make mistakes and referees are no exception but decisions like this and others are all too common nowadays and perhaps it's time to bring in technology if referees continue to make poor decisions like this one, and where was the linesman? There are four officials and between them they should get this sorted out as it's ruining the game.

For the record I've always accepted refereeing errors as part of the game as they usually balance out over a season but when I see blatant decisions like this one, I begin to wonder if the pressures of the modern game are getting too much for these officials. David

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it brilliant how this cup competition continues to amaze.

I expect all managers who moan that there 90+rated team loses to a 70+rated team to take note' date=' lol still a long ways to go yet though :rolleyes:[/quote']

My 90+ rated team lost to a 70+ rated team once. Although the 70+ rated team were all 90+. :P

Come on Southend!

• 2 weeks later...