Luis Suarez Rating

Ibbuy

Luis Suarez form-wise like Steven Gerrard said is the best player in the world yet his rating is only 93 and has been since Feb '13, since then his gone and broken record after record....

Imo he should be a 95 as his the best player in the Premier League and better then Aguero (94) and Rooney (94) and probably only behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery.... (Maybe even Ibrahimovic)...

So when will his rating improve and by how many?

Re: Luis Suarez Rating

Luis Suarez form-wise like Steven Gerrard said is the best player in the world yet his rating is only 93 and has been since Feb '13' date=' since then his gone and broken record after record....

Imo he should be a 95 as his the best player in the Premier League and better then Aguero (94) and Rooney (94) and probably only behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery.... (Maybe even Ibrahimovic)...

So when will his rating improve and by how many?[/quote']

94 for sure soon.

In my opinion 95 in the end of season if he keep scoring and Liverpool finish in top 3 or maybe good results on world cup this summer.

May go against the grain of opinion on here but personally Should be zero chance of 95!

Suspended for a 1/3 of a season, zero European football and has never been near a trophy or even a Champion League place until this season!

His goal scoring record is boosted significantly by braces against poor EPL sides, when the big games against City, Chelsea and Arsenal (all teams in direct competition) have come along no goals and no points!

Shouldn't be rated in same bracket as players who have achieved tangible success and play at the highest level!

May go against the grain of opinion on here but personally Should be zero chance of 95!

Suspended for a 1/3 of a season' date=' zero European football and has never been near a trophy or even a Champion League place until this season!

His goal scoring record is boosted significantly by braces against poor EPL sides, when the big games against City, Chelsea and Arsenal (all teams in direct competition) have come along no goals and no points!

Shouldn't be rated in same bracket as players who have achieved tangible success and play at the highest level![/quote']

could not agree with this more!

Suspended for a 1/3 of a season' date=' zero European football and has never been near a trophy or even a Champion League place until this season!

Shouldn't be rated in same bracket as players who have achieved tangible success and play at the highest level![/quote']

This.His max rating should be 94 on SM.

To score as many goals as he has for Liverpool is incredible. you can make the point about him becoming quieter in the big games, but the reason for that would be as the players around him are outclassed to such an extent by the opponents he is nullified in turn. Henderson and Lucas vs Yaya and Fernandinho for example. How can you expect Suarez to turn up in big games when the rest of his team is destroyed by the opponents. He is an incredible player but no player on Earth can carry 10 mediocre players against strong teams. Against the weaker teams the rest of his team has a chance and therefore he is able to do what he does best.

As for his rating - He fully deserves 94 however i dont think he can get 95 at Liverpool unless they suddenly become a big team again (City and Chelsea, maybe Arsenal occupy that bracket this season) and actually challenge for some cups. They aren't even in any European competition!!

To score as many goals as he has for Liverpool is incredible. you can make the point about him becoming quieter in the big games' date=' but the reason for that would be as the players around him are outclassed to such an extent by the opponents he is nullified in turn. Henderson and Lucas vs Yaya and Fernandinho for example. How can you expect Suarez to turn up in big games when the rest of his team is destroyed by the opponents. He is an incredible player but no player on Earth can carry 10 mediocre players against strong teams. Against the weaker teams the rest of his team has a chance and therefore he is able to do what he does best.

As for his rating - He fully deserves 94 however i dont think he can get 95 at Liverpool unless they suddenly become a big team again (City and Chelsea, maybe Arsenal occupy that bracket this season) and actually challenge for some cups. They aren't even in any European competition!![/quote']

In the first part of your post you basically summed it up.Suarez isn't good enough to solve a game on his own.10 mediocre players?What is Rooney doing at United at this moment?He's carrying a team on his own.Not just a team,a team with a manager who has no idea of what he's going.Is he seen as a better player than Suarez?No,he isn't.Rooney has the ability to solve a game on his own,either if its against big teams or average ones.Suarez is a great,great player but he's not even close to the player which is described after a good half of season on this forum.Anyway,Ronaldo scores against much poorer teams and he isn't exactly shining in the big games either.Does anybody cares?Nah,he'll always be remembered for his goals against a poor Elche or however the is called.Messi scores against same teams,but from what I remember this lad was able to decide an El Clasico and was able to decide an UCL final.Thats when a team needs an world class player the most.Suarez being in top 3 as some of Pool fans described him is madness.He's not even close.He is indeed a great player,nobody can deny that.There are much better players than him out there,happily they don't play in Premier League as their mind would be absolutely corrupted.I wonder whats in Suarez's mind when he wakes up and see a paper which compares him and Messi or something like that.

P.S: Liverpool is still a big team.Probably the biggest in England after United or in same bracket but they just lost the winning mentality over the years.Something which will probably happen with United aswell if Moyes remains.

To score as many goals as he has for Liverpool is incredible. you can make the point about him becoming quieter in the big games' date=' but the reason for that would be as the players around him are outclassed to such an extent by the opponents he is nullified in turn. Henderson and Lucas vs Yaya and Fernandinho for example. How can you expect Suarez to turn up in big games when the rest of his team is destroyed by the opponents. He is an incredible player but no player on Earth can carry 10 mediocre players against strong teams. Against the weaker teams the rest of his team has a chance and therefore he is able to do what he does best.QUOTE']

Appreciate what you are saying mate but having seem both games Liverpool had with both Man City and Chelsea there was no way they were outclassed or outplayed in either. They could have and maybe should have won in Manchester and bar 20 mins or so versus Chelsea matched them all the way.

A big performance from Suarez may have been enough to seal points in either of these fixtures, no debate he is a class player but the hype around him is over the top at the moment!

Oh behave.

I'm not even a fan of a Premiership team but on current form Suarez is easily worth a 95, the whole 'Rooney' thing above is rubbish - he hasn't dragged the team to the extent of Suarez, he hasn't scored as many, he is at the reigning champions and is playing in a team that is behind Liverpool. What does that tell you?

Robin Van Persie is a 95, he isn't a patch on Suarez currently.

Bringing people's 'issues' into a numerical figure that represents their talent is a bit daft in my eyes. Maybe that is something to factor into SM algorithms for suspensions etc?

The ratings are about someone's footballing ability, not for being a Good Samaritan.

Luis Suarez form-wise like Steven Gerrard said is the best player in the world yet his rating is only 93 and has been since Feb '13' date=' since then his gone and broken record after record....

So when will his rating improve and by how many?[/quote']

Are you daft? Suarez needs to be in top form for longer than a couple of months to even think about a 94, let alone a 95 and as for saying he's only behind the likes of Messi and Ronaldo???? Ronaldo scored 68 goals in 2013, Suarez has just about scored 68 goals in his Liverpool career... Plus he also needs to be in champions league and win things to get higher ratings. And for the people saying RVP doesn't deserve his 95, he has scored 7 goals in 11 games this season along with being top scorer the past 2 seasons. Plus Aguero has 13 goals in 15 games so far this season, and has been a quality player for the past few seasons, scores in big matches (like RVP & Rooney) and well deserves his 94 rating

PS: What record after record has he broken (apart from being Uruguary's top scorer)???

In the first part of your post you basically summed it up.Suarez isn't good enough to solve a game on his own.10 mediocre players?What is Rooney doing at United at this moment?He's carrying a team on his own.Not just a team' date='a team with a manager who has no idea of what he's going.Is he seen as a better player than Suarez?No,he isn't.Rooney has the ability to solve a game on his own,either if its against big teams or average ones.Suarez is a great,great player but he's not even close to the player which is described after a good half of season on this forum.Anyway,Ronaldo scores against much poorer teams and he isn't exactly shining in the big games either.Does anybody cares?Nah,he'll always be remembered for his goals against a poor Elche or however the is called.Messi scores against same teams,but from what I remember this lad was able to decide an El Clasico and was able to decide an UCL final.Thats when a team needs an world class player the most.Suarez being in top 3 as some of Pool fans described him is madness.He's not even close.He is indeed a great player,nobody can deny that.There are much better players than him out there,happily they don't play in Premier League as their mind would be absolutely corrupted.I wonder whats in Suarez's mind when he wakes up and see a paper which compares him and Messi or something like that.

P.S: Liverpool is still a big team.Probably the biggest in England after United or in same bracket but they just lost the winning mentality over the years.Something which will probably happen with United aswell if Moyes remains.[/quote']

"Anyway,Ronaldo scores against much poorer teams and he isn't exactly shining in the big games either." <-- in October, 2012, Cristiano became the first player to score in six consecutive Barcelona-Real Madrid matches... yepp doesnt shine in the big games as you said

Moyes is a brilliant manager - needs time.. he'll come good

as for Suarez, no he is nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo.. not even near Iniesta, or Ribery or Ibra.. he's the next step down in my opinion in a bracket alongside Xavi Rooney Aguero Schweinsteiger etc

"Anyway' date='Ronaldo scores against much poorer teams and he isn't exactly shining in the big games either." <-- in October, 2012, Cristiano became the first player to score in six consecutive Barcelona-Real Madrid matches... yepp doesnt shine in the big games as you said

Moyes is a brilliant manager - needs time.. he'll come good

as for Suarez, no he is nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo.. not even near Iniesta, or Ribery or Ibra.. he's the next step down in my opinion in a bracket alongside Xavi Rooney Aguero Schweinsteiger etc[/quote']

Sometimes scoring isn't enough pal.I'd score myself some of Ronaldo's goals.Its all about your game in 90 minutes.Would you be happy if let's say Heskey scores a goal either if its a wonder one or an easy tap in and he is absolutely 'shy' after?I don't watch Real-Barca to be honest,but I can't remember anybody praising Ronaldo's performances against Barca in 2 consecutive games for example.Look,for example at Real vs Juve.Was Ronaldo on the pitch for 90 minutes?No,he wasn't but he scored,invisible in rest.He is indeed an world class player becuase thats what he does,he scores when the team needs him most but thats because an entire squad of world class players are there JUST for him.Suarez's far from being in same bracket with Xavi,Schweiny and so on.He hasn't even heard the UCL song yet.He's what?Close to be 27 and still no UCL?Let him enjoy Europa League,thats where he looks good :)

P.S: Take Ozil for example.The lad is decisive,even though when he's not good enough he still assists or does something and contributes to a goal.Is he getting any praises for that?No,he isn't.Ronaldo's getting praises for being dull for 90 minutes and scoring?Yeah,he does.Its all about reputation nowdays.Nobody can watch all the games in the world,we base our opinion on what we already know and on what we read about things which we don't know.Everything is reputation.

Oh behave.

I'm not even a fan of a Premiership team but on current form Suarez is easily worth a 95' date=' the whole 'Rooney' thing above is rubbish - he hasn't dragged the team to the extent of Suarez, he hasn't scored as many, he is at the reigning champions and is playing in a team that is behind Liverpool. What does that tell you?

Robin Van Persie is a 95, he isn't a patch on Suarez currently.

Bringing people's 'issues' into a numerical figure that represents their talent is a bit daft in my eyes. Maybe that is something to factor into SM algorithms for suspensions etc?

The ratings are about someone's footballing ability, not for being a Good Samaritan.[/quote']

Well, good thing SM don't give ratings based on form, otherwise no one would keep their rating except for CR7 and Messi.

I wouldn't put Suarez on 95, ever, due to the fact that, even since his Ajax days he hasn't been a regular performer when it comes to the big moments. Rooney, on the other hand, is gravely missed in every single match he doesn't play. Some might say that it's down to the current United squad lacking quality, others prefer to say that Rooney is just that much of a game changer, hence his higher rating (for the moment).

And RvP isn't 'a patch' on Suarez currently because he's had multiple injuries since the start of the campaign. That could be a hindrance factor, just saying.

And before you tell others to behave, why don't you take a look at yourself?

never seen anyone with this goals per game ratio ever in the prem, just bcus he doesn't score against the top couple of teams in the league doesnt mean he doesnt play well lol 95 for me

and rooney is carrying a better team to a lower position , so how on earth is he on a par with suarez ????

and rooney is carrying a better team to a lower position ' date=' so how on earth is he on a par with suarez ????[/quote']

Its not Rooneys fault though is it? Its a team game but Rooney has 9 assists + 9 goals in 16 and we all know hes more of a CAM now. Thats a solid amount of both goals and assists for a CAM, probably the best in the league.

Anyway for now, Suarez should be 94 rated, a jump to 95 would be insane. All strikers at 93 have gone up by one to 94 if I recall correctly. I dont care if he hasnt scored against top teams this season, personally every goal shows his worth. We need to remember its not as if these teams arent professionl footballers, it still takes effort and ability to bag goals against defences.

never seen anyone with this goals per game ratio ever in the prem' date=' just bcus he doesn't score against the top couple of teams in the league doesnt mean he doesnt play well lol 95 for me

and rooney is carrying a better team to a lower position , so how on earth is he on a par with suarez ????[/quote']

Rooney has proven himself over the years that he is or can be a 94/95 how long has he been scoring and winning things with united?

Sometimes scoring isn't enough pal.I'd score myself some of Ronaldo's goals.Its all about your game in 90 minutes.Would you be happy if let's say Heskey scores a goal either if its a wonder one or an easy tap in and he is absolutely 'shy' after?I don't watch Real-Barca to be honest' date='but I can't remember anybody praising Ronaldo's performances against Barca in 2 consecutive games for example.Look,for example at Real vs Juve.Was Ronaldo on the pitch for 90 minutes?No,he wasn't but he scored,invisible in rest.He is indeed an world class player becuase thats what he does,he scores when the team needs him most but thats because an entire squad of world class players are there JUST for him.Suarez's far from being in same bracket with Xavi,Schweiny and so on.He hasn't even heard the UCL song yet.He's what?Close to be 27 and still no UCL?Let him enjoy Europa League,thats where he looks good :)

P.S: Take Ozil for example.The lad is decisive,even though when he's not good enough he still assists or does something and contributes to a goal.Is he getting any praises for that?No,he isn't.Ronaldo's getting praises for being dull for 90 minutes and scoring?Yeah,he does.Its all about reputation nowdays.Nobody can watch all the games in the world,we base our opinion on what we already know and on what we read about things which we don't know.Everything is reputation.[/quote']

I agree it's not all about scoring goals and 3/4 seasons ago you could've argued that Ronaldo couldn't score against better opposition. You can't say that now though. If anything he's been more influential than he who shall not be named...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZCeMvby-FU

Its not Rooneys fault though is it? Its a team game but Rooney has 9 assists + 9 goals in 16 and we all know hes more of a CAM now. Thats a solid amount of both goals and assists for a CAM' date=' probably the best in the league.

Anyway for now, Suarez should be 94 rated, a jump to 95 would be insane. All strikers at 93 have gone up by one to 94 if I recall correctly. I dont care if he hasnt scored against top teams this season, personally every goal shows his worth. We need to remember its not as if these teams arent professionl footballers, it still takes effort and ability to bag goals against defences.[/quote']

A long time ago, there was a boy named Cristiano who made that jump (94-96) :)