Luis Suarez Rating

Ibbuy

Re: Luis Suarez Rating

So Marco Reus needed 1 season and a half of world class football,also played an UCL final in the meantime,to get a 93.

Suarez needed a great half of season against small sides in PL to get 94.

The little Mario Gomez scored 25+ goals in every single season,used to score as many goals as Messi in UCL and he never got a 94.Suarez for half of a great season,obviously without european football gets 94.

Great :P

So Marco Reus needed 1 season and a half of world class football' date='also played an UCL final in the meantime,to get a 93.

The little Mario Gomez scored 25+ goals in every single season,used to score as many goals as Messi in UCL and he never got a 94.Suarez for half of a great season,obviously without european football gets 94.

Great :P[/quote']

Only Ronaldo scored more than Suarez in 2013.

This season in the league he's created as many chances as Silva and Özil, only Hazard and Nasri have created more. Not too bad for a striker isn't it? He deserves a minimum of 94. In a few years when he's playing CL football he'll rise to 96 (or more).

And if you're still not convinced, look at other players rated 93-95. RVP 95, Aguero, Muller, Lewa, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Bale, Özil, Silva 94, Benzema, Tevez, Villa 93. How could you not have Suarez at 94?

Only Ronaldo scored more than Suarez in 2013.

This season in the league he's created as many chances as Silva and Özil' date=' only Hazard and Nasri have created more. Not too bad for a striker isn't it? He deserves a minimum of 94. In a few years when he's playing CL football he'll rise to 96 (or more).

And if you're still not convinced, look at other players rated 93-95. RVP 95, Aguero, Muller, Lewa, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Bale, Özil, Silva 94, Benzema, Tevez, Villa 93. How could you not have Suarez at 94?[/quote']

If Suarez deserves 93,Gomez deserved 95 pretty easily.RVP won something in his life in last season and been PL top scorer,deserved 95.Aguero is IMO better than Suarez.Muller just won the treble with Bayern and been a major part of it.Lewa...Lewa been a major part of BvB succes from last seasons.Rooney is better than Suarez.Cavani is scoring week and out and proved himself at 2 top clubs so far,major contender along with Ibra and his team for UCL.Falcao won something in his life and been very close to Messi and Ronaldo in 2 consecutive seasons.Bale is overrated,Ozil played for a way much better club and had like 75 assists if I am not wrong,made Ronaldo to score week and out.

Gomez dropped because he's been injured.Look at Badstuber,been injured for what?1 year and a half or something and still hasn't dropped.If we compare Suarez to Gomez,no way that Suarez should've rose for a great half of season and 4 goals against Norwich.

So Marco Reus needed 1 season and a half of world class football' date='also played an UCL final in the meantime,to get a 93.

Great :P[/quote']

Its not just a half season Raz, Suarez has had a season and a half at a very high standard too - 23 in 33 last season, and 20 in 15 this season.

Gomez has never been 95 calibre lol, but 94 should have been given I conceed.

I see 93 as fair for Reus, but I have seen less of him than I am used too as I find Dortmund tedious this season and from what I have seen from Suarez 94 is fair.

Liverpool suporters have something special , it's called NEEDS :D

Suarez never played in CL or did something in World Cup and all of a sudden he needs to be 95 lol

Mitroglou have the same goal ratio and he played in CL and he is the main reason Grecce is at World Cup and he is just 88 ....

Suarez is light years ahead of Reus, if he didn't get banned he would of got PL top scorer last season, his goal ratio this season is 1.333333 Reus hasn't got a patch on Suarez hahahaha! So I don't know where you got half a good season from? Scored more goals than anyone in the PL this season and has been banned at the start of the season too.

You can yaddy yaddy yadda all you want about well he shouldn't of got banned but I am afraid your rating doesn't go on if you bite some one or not. Fact of the matter is, he is in the form of his life and he has been the best player in the world behind Ronaldo all season with Messi being injured.

Suarez is light years ahead of Reus' date=' if he didn't get banned he would of got PL top scorer last season, his goal ratio this season is 1.333333 Reus hasn't got a patch on Suarez hahahaha! So I don't know where you got half a good season from? Scored more goals than anyone in the PL this season and has been banned at the start of the season too.

You can yaddy yaddy yadda all you want about well he shouldn't of got banned but I am afraid your rating doesn't go on if you bite some one or not. Fact of the matter is, he is in the form of his life and he has been the best player in the world behind Ronaldo all season with Messi being injured.[/quote']

And who said that?Kirky?!Reus is better than Suarez in anyday of the week.If you only take into account goals,Gomez should've been above every striker,including Suarez.

Anyway,I will leave it there.Its pointless,he got 94 and we cant do anything because of that.Give me a call when Suarez will kiss Ibra's boots though.

Anyway' date='I will leave it there.Its pointless,he got 94 and we cant do anything because of that.Give me a call when Suarez will kiss Ibra's boots though.[/quote']

Maybe ask for that call when he scores against a decent team going for the title and his goal influences that title race or maybe even when Liverpool actually achieve some thing and not just the heady heights of 4th place midway through a season - still unlikely to come.

And who said that?Kirky?!Reus is better than Suarez in anyday of the week.If you only take into account goals' date='Gomez should've been above every striker,including Suarez.

Anyway,I will leave it there.Its pointless,he got 94 and we cant do anything because of that.Give me a call when Suarez will kiss Ibra's boots though.[/quote']

Yeah, okay. You're always right, everyone else is always wrong. Heard it all before and you never come up with a viable argument. Well done you.

All I would like to say is all these strikers names being banded about, as being better than Suarez play for significantly better sides. I would be curious to know (hypothetically of course) how well they would do playing for Liverpool rather than the Barcelona's, Madrid's Bayern's and to a lesser extent the Dortmund's of this world.

So Suarez got a 94 today.

Viewing his stats in the PL only, this rise is IMO well-deserved.

As he has been compared to other high rated players previously I thought it would be a nice idea to collect some data.

unbenanntpnrln.jpg

According to this graph, Suarez' league goals and assists of the last 2 seasons are well above the likes of Aguero, Lewandowski, Higuain, Müller or Rooney.

Basically he can be compared with Ibrahimovic who is scoring equally in Ligue 1.

But of course high ratings shouldn't only influenced by league appearances and stats. Proving yourself on the highest (international) level is also important. So let's view the CL stats of these players.

unbenannt3mqgo.jpg

And as you can see, all of those high rated players participated in CL football in the past 2 seasons - except Suarez. It may be doubted that he also would score as much in the league if he also had to play on the highest level in mid-weeks.

Out of all players rated 94 or higher Suarez, Falcao and de Rossi are the only ones who haven't played CL in the past 2 seasons.

More assists than anyone (bar Rooney, who he is tied on 21) and the best goals to games ratio than anyone apart from Ronaldo and Messi. Your argument is perfectly valid Times, at least you can dispense valid reasons (unlike Raz, who admittedly, knows about as much as Der Commander) but you could also counteract this argument with him playing for the worst team out of all those players. This is coming from a player that played in a team finishing 7th last season. Now if you put him into a team with the likes of Xavi & Iniesta, Ozil & Ronaldo, Silva & Yaya, or a team which completely dominates the league like PSG, then you wonder just how many goals he would score.?

For me, he is up there with the best.

More assists than anyone (bar Rooney' date=' who he is tied on 21) and the best goals to games ratio than anyone apart from Ronaldo and Messi. Your argument is perfectly valid Times, at least you can dispense valid reasons (unlike Raz, who admittedly, knows about as much as Der Commander) but you could also counteract this argument with him playing for the worst team out of all those players. This is coming from a player that played in a team finishing 7th last season. Now if you put him into a team with the likes of Xavi & Iniesta, Ozil & Ronaldo, Silva & Yaya, or a team which completely dominates the league like PSG, then you wonder just how many goals he would score.?

For me, he is up there with the best.[/quote']

Ash I thought you are more level headed , how can you compare a player who score against Norwich with a palyer who won CL or scored 8 goals in 5 CL games ?(Ibra and Ribery )

Becomes embarrassing for you guys...

Ash I thought you are more level headed ' date=' how can you compare a player who score against Norwich with a palyer who won CL or scored 8 goals in 5 CL games ?(Ibra and Ribery )

Becomes embarrassing for you guys...[/quote']

You can't really base your argument on less than 10% of his goals being against Norwich though. You can counter your argument by saying he is playing in a much weaker side than all the other players timesle has listed so scoring goals irrespective of the opposition will be somewhat harder. Granted he has not played UCL football in the seasons listed but neither has Falcao and I doubt anyone would deny he was deserving of his 94.

Would the listed players do as well as Suarez has if they played for Liverpool? We can only speculate, however he needs to be given the credit he deserves and is deserving of his 94 for me.

This is a debate that could run forever and a day but the fact remains he has been extremely consistent in an ordinary team.

You can't really base your argument on less than 10% of his goals being against Norwich though. You can counter your argument by saying he is playing in a much weaker side than all the other players timesle has listed so scoring goals irrespective of the opposition will be somewhat harder. Granted he has not played UCL football in the seasons listed but neither has Falcao and I doubt anyone would deny he was deserving of his 94.

Would the listed players do as well as Suarez has if they played for Liverpool? We can only speculate' date=' however he needs to be given the credit he deserves and is deserving of his 94 for me.

This is a debate that could run forever and a day but the fact remains he has been extremely consistent in an ordinary team. [/font']

Great post, same goes for Timesles and Kirkyys too and good shout about Falcao, I wonder what they will say now about Suarez not deserving 94. I think the days are long gone where you need CL football now to get 94, and this is only for strikers really, Ive mentioned it before that striker is the only position in SM where a player can get 94 in a flash by banging in goals for a season and a half. Neymar bloody went to 93 and most of that was during his time in a league way inferior to the european leagues.

Ash I thought you are more level headed ' date=' how can you compare a player who score against Norwich with a palyer who won CL or scored 8 goals in 5 CL games ?(Ibra and Ribery )

Im not basing anything on statistics, im basing my opinion from what i have seen of the players. Admittedly, i havent seen as much of the mentioned players as i have of Suarez but i watch 95% of Suarez' games and he is a phenomenal player.

You can counteract any argument; how can you compare Suarez to Ibra when Ibra plays in a team much more dominate in his league than Liverpool are in theirs? Trust me, watch a handful of Suarez' games and your opinion of him will change, he is magical.

Anyway, this is my opinon of him and 43 goals and 21 assists in 48 games is as good of a return as you will get and speaks for itself.

I dont think Kirkyy was comparing them to be honest.

I was comparing the stat graphs Timesle posted but you can prove anything with statistics.

Would the listed players do as well as Suarez has if they played for Liverpool? We can only speculate' date=' however he needs to be given the credit he deserves and is deserving of his 94 for me.

This is a debate that could run forever and a day but the fact remains he has been extremely consistent in an ordinary team. [/font']

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Hahahahaha! I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. You're criticizing someone for comparing Suarez to Ibrahimovic right after you compared Suarez to... KOSTAS MITROGLOU!:D:D:D You seriously need to try and see the bigger picture here, rather than only what you want to see.

Great post' date=' same goes for Timesles and Kirkyys too and good shout about Falcao, I wonder what they will say now about Suarez not deserving 94. I think the days are long gone where you need CL football now to get 94, and this is only for strikers really, Ive mentioned it before that striker is the only position in SM where a player can get 94 in a flash by banging in goals for a season and a half. Neymar bloody went to 93 and most of that was during his time in a league way inferior to the european leagues.[/quote']

I think a key difference between Falcao and Suarez is his goals actually led his team of that time to trophies -Suarez has led his team to 4th midway through a season!!!!

The analysis is by timesale is very good but the goals scored by every striker on that list has led their club (past or present) to win a trophy, tangible success, not 4th in a league!

He is a top drawer player I am not debating that but surely to be 94 his goals need to lead to something and he needs to score goals against Liverpool's main rivals (Chelsea,City etc)!

Impossible to debate if he would perform in a better side, something tells me he wouldn't cope as well not being top dog and playing 2nd fiddle or just being one of many top players, any team could have picked him up at Ajax but top sides stayed clear!

Fact remains he is 94 a jkerrs says just my personal opinion that it should be achievement as well as goals that lead to that type of rating!