The Race to reach 90 - Edition #3

Cam Lucas

Re: The Race to reach 90 - Edition #3

Added all the players on DB to gold shortlist (arduous) so i can now track em for us easily. If your player rises, comes on the DB (p.s if i couldnt find them i put not on db in first post, if its misspelt or name change let me know) please tell me so i can fix (not perfect)

On that note, now joint first is Davide Zappacosta, a cheeky +3 the othre day went unnoticed, joint first with Tielemans on 82!

FUN FACT

According to you the winner is most likely going to come (excl not on DB) from Barcelona. No Surprise there. 5 nominees. second though is Liverpool with 3!!! what is the world coming to!

Country wise

Spain 10

Germany 6, Netherlands 6.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain and Germany have the most young talent on the planet in football though, I dunno is it debatable?? I cant see another nation coming close to bringing up quality footballers the way Spain and Germany do!! And as for Players being brought up by Barcelona, they do have the best Academy on the planet, its the place any young player age 18 and under would want to train to gain more potential !!!

Spain and Germany have the most young talent on the planet in football though' date=' I dunno is it debatable?? I cant see another nation coming close to bringing up quality footballers the way Spain and Germany do!! And as for Players being brought up by Barcelona, they do have the best Academy on the planet, its the place any young player age 18 and under would want to train to gain more potential !!![/quote']

Spain & Germany have great systems in place to develop players, having had a league structure that allows young players to play versus professionals, with B sides able to compete in up to the 2nd tier of the league system.

Portugal copied it recently, as did Holland this season.

i think France do it too. England, we have our U21 league which is sort of a halfway point to the professional ranks but IMO its not good enough.

Brazil, Mexico & Nigeria consistently do very well at youth level, yet there players dont always make the jump to the top level of the adult game.

Most talent - possibly.. the best, that is debatable.

Depends also on what you consider a bright future. Will most of them make it as a professional football player? Probably. (Tho I don't think you can go as far as including 5 year olds, maybe from 14 years and up). Will most of them end up at the level Barcelona is aiming for? Not even nearly, in the end maybe a handful will make it to that point.

Depends also on what you consider a bright future. Will most of them make it as a professional football player? Probably. (Tho I don't think you can go as far as including 5 year olds' date=' maybe from 14 years and up). Will most of them end up at the level Barcelona is aiming for? Not even nearly, in the end maybe a handful will make it to that point.[/quote']

I agree totally big example could be Marc Muniesa who is now at Stoke in the Premier League. He was destined to be Puyols replacement but it never happened. I suppose it just depends on the football player and how his career will plan out is totally up to getting a chance that major break through.

I agree totally big example could be Marc Muniesa who is now at Stoke in the Premier League. He was destined to be Puyols replacement but it never happened. I suppose it just depends on the football player and how his career will plan out is totally up to getting a chance that major break through.

Says who though. Most of the time its media glorification. The only way to tell a player will make it is when they actually do.

Barca didnt rate Jordi Alba. Just goes to show you can have or lack the talent at one age but as they grow into adults they can develop one way or the other. Also attitude and the mental ability is the other massive factor that scouts/coaches cant pickup on nor develop.

As for La Masia the best academy....again not sure anymore. Aspire in Qatar facility wise is immense' date=' in 10 years whats not to say a future world class players come out of there, especially having already bought clubs to help bring through talent, PSG we all know & KAS Eupen - i did a small report here on Eupen...

Also in Brazil, there are clubs set up specifically to train kids, Desportivo Brasil is the prime example.

BBC did a good article here:

Desportivo Brasil: Inside the Brazilian football factory

Here you go made a graph to help with the thread layout, not the prettiest I grant you as graph too big so had to crop and upload in parts and I am not a whizz on Excel but best I can do. Any problems let me know and I will amend.

Current Top 5:

1= Vitor_MFC, Youri Tielemans 82

1= juary, Davide Zappacosta 82

1= davidgol17, Calum Chambers 82

4= Hazr, Patrick Bamford 80

4= andre97, Jorrit Hendrix 80

Raceto90img1_zpsd5e0e91d.jpgRaceto90img2_zps2ca68369.jpg

Raceto90img3_zpsb12aea3d.jpg

Here you go made a graph to help with the thread layout' date=' not the prettiest I grant you as graph too big so had to crop and upload in parts and I am not a whizz on Excel but best I can do. Any problems let me know and I will amend.

Current Top 5:

1= [b']Vitor_MFC[/b], Youri Tielemans 82

1= juary, Davide Zappacosta 82

1= davidgol17, Calum Chambers 82

4= Hazr, Patrick Bamford 80

4= andre97, Jorrit Hendrix 80

Raceto90img1_zpsd5e0e91d.jpgRaceto90img2_zps2ca68369.jpg

Raceto90img3_zpsb12aea3d.jpg

awesome job bro!!!!!!!!

also a +1 for Bentaleb today to 77

awesome job bro!!!!!!!!

also a +1 for Bentaleb today to 77

Cheers mate. Thanks I have updated on excel. I will probably upload a newer graph on a monthly basis (maybe the 1st day of every month) in the preliminary stages and on a bi-weekly basis when we near the end of the contest.

That ok? Can always PM me if you need an updated version ahead of schedule if there is a big influx of rating changes at once.

Cheers mate. Thanks I have updated on excel. I will probably upload a newer graph on a monthly basis (maybe the 1st day of every month) in the preliminary stages and on a bi-weekly basis when we near the end of the contest.

That ok? Can always PM me if you need an updated version ahead of schedule if there is a big influx of rating changes at once.

thanks for helping out bud, dont worry about first of month, just do it when you can, (ideally when there has been 5-10 changes) ill continue to update and mark on my list B)

Thos one feels like the best one so far for me. So many entries! It will be really exciting when most are in their high 80's

First one I have participated in but should be good fun so how all these talents progress.

I think I will be a way off the chase by the end tbh but will be interesting how this plays out nonetheless.

Hector Bellerin +4 today, that makes 6 80+ rated players already!

Cam - sounds like a plan, will do.

Archived