Soccer Wiki rep

Nailsdog

apologies if this has been done to death or I'm in the wrong bit of the forum but I have just tried to upload a picture of Scott Hogan (Rochdale) on soccerwiki. It is saying my reputation is not high enough? Please could somebody tell me how to increase my rep of just upload the picture for me?

many thanks.

Re: Soccer Wiki rep

Hi Nailsdog

You have to firstly build your rep by voting

Voting on submissions that are accepted gives you +1

However, incorrect items or items that are rejected you will -1

Therefore ensure you do some quick research to confirm what you vote on.

You can also update manager profiles, refs, club info, cup & league winners to get rep ( i believe you get +10 for each correct item you submit, however -10 if its rejected.)

Nailsdog' date=' keep in mind that some SW admins think that if you keep getting 10+ you will get [i']too many reputation points too soon,[/i] so they will just randomly reject some of your edits just so they could slow you down.

LOOOOL what a load of rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

;2822477']Hi Nailsdog

You have to firstly build your rep by voting

Voting on submissions that are accepted gives you +1

However' date=' incorrect items or items that are rejected you will -1

Therefore ensure you do some quick research to confirm what you vote on.

You can also update manager profiles, refs, club info, cup & league winners to get rep ( i believe you get +10 for each correct item you submit, however -10 if its rejected.)[/quote']

Many thanks for your help JMH.

I have voted on some recent changes and tried to get involved with soccer Wiki. I am not sure how long it will take to get my rep upto a sufficient score so i wanted to ask if you could possibly submit a picture (loads on google images) of Scott Hogan from Rochdale for me?

many thanks

Nailsdog.

Many thanks for your help JMH.

I have voted on some recent changes and tried to get involved with soccer Wiki. I am not sure how long it will take to get my rep upto a sufficient score so i wanted to ask if you could possibly submit a picture (loads on google images) of Scott Hogan from Rochdale for me?

many thanks

Nailsdog.

whats your SW username? Your on 71 rep, so 9 more points to 80 and youll have access to everything.

*DW i found it. The image btw isnt compatible, all im seeing is some jpeg icon or something. did you upload the url or did you save it to your computer as a jpeg?

Il reject it and upload one for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question guys.

When you suggest a new rating for players on their profile (can raise or lower by max 5)' date=' does this count towards your votes or is it only on the actual edited data not ratings?[/quote']

the vote new rating thing is a gimmick.

You cant necessarily vote +/-5 on every player, some you can only drop, some only +1 but drop 5, etc etc.

it has no influence what so ever. It only is visible to your SW only.

• 2 weeks later...

does voting on picture changes submitted by others affect my Rep?

no it doesnt i believe

I have tried to enhance my reputation on Soccer Wiki by updating the Coaching staff at Stoke City. Why would my contribution of Andy Quy who is our goal keeping coach get rejected?

I havent admin'ed lately so the only reasons i can think of is either an error in the submission, or its been suggested mulitiple times

It is annoying as there are a few things that I want to change on Soccerwiki about players that are wrong (players still listed at a club they left last Summer!) but I need to wait until my rating goes up.

In the mean time I tried submitting the Gibraltar Premier League and a Faroe Islands team...both were rejected :/

Tried uploading a San Marino club as they only have about 3 of them, which is strange given that they go into the Champions League and Europa League qualifying in real life.

• 3 months later...

It is annoying as there are a few things that I want to change on Soccerwiki about players that are wrong (players still listed at a club they left last Summer!) but I need to wait until my rating goes up.

In the mean time I tried submitting the Gibraltar Premier League and a Faroe Islands team...both were rejected :/

Tried uploading a San Marino club as they only have about 3 of them' date=' which is strange given that they go into the Champions League and Europa League qualifying in real life.[/quote']

I also tried to add the Gibraltar Premier League and it was knocked back?why, the have an entrant in the CL now. If you got an explanation on why it was k'od it would help. Obvious additions like this shouldn't even have to go to a vote!!