Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

9wolves2009

Hi guys, for the past year or so, I have been having a lot of success by buying a tonne of free agents (most of them as cheap as $8,000) and they were mostly 18 years old (max) and their rating was between 70-75. After a few months, I would wait for their ratings to grow significantly and then sell them back for a really good profit.

Obviously I may have done some research on the player before buying them, for example, one of my last signings was Josh Murphy (norwich city, 18 y/o, 75 rated winger) for about 12k. Although, he is supposed to have amazing potential and I can see the rating rising from 75 to 80 or 82 withing 12 months. I could then continue to be patient and hope that he turns into an ok squad player, or sell him on and make a 7-figure sum. I think when you do this, nothing can go wrong because the price you get them for is ridiculously low, there is nothing to lose, that even if they only increased to 77 and you make 500k, that can still be looked at as a success.

Thanks for reading, btw I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried this method, or is using this strategy right now? many thanks

Re: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

Hi guys' date=' for the past year or so, I have been having a lot of success by buying a tonne of free agents (most of them as cheap as $8,000) and they were mostly 18 years old (max) and their rating was between 70-75. After a few months, I would wait for their ratings to grow significantly and then sell them back for a really good profit.

Obviously I may have done some research on the player before buying them, for example, one of my last signings was Josh Murphy (norwich city, 18 y/o, 75 rated winger) for about 12k. Although, he is supposed to have amazing potential and I can see the rating rising from 75 to 80 or 82 withing 12 months. I could then continue to be patient and hope that he turns into an ok squad player, or sell him on and make a 7-figure sum. I think when you do this, nothing can go wrong because the price you get them for is ridiculously low, there is nothing to lose, that even if they only increased to 77 and you make 500k, that can still be looked at as a success.

Thanks for reading, btw I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried this method, or is using this strategy right now? many thanks[/quote']

this is quite a common thing on the game a lot of people do the same but to with just free agents theres a few threads full of "Risers" as well call them with players from other leagues due to jump a few ratings

this is quite a common thing on the game a lot of people do the same but to with just free agents theres a few threads full of "Risers" as well call them with players from other leagues due to jump a few ratings

Cool, thanks for replying, can't say I'm surprised that it's common, although it seems I'm the only one who uses this in my game world.

Even if you have a free agent who never increases, you will always be able to sell them back and never make a loss, from my experience anyway.

Hi guys' date=' for the past year or so, I have been having a lot of success by buying a tonne of free agents (most of them as cheap as $8,000) and they were mostly 18 years old (max) and their rating was between 70-75. After a few months, I would wait for their ratings to grow significantly and then sell them back for a really good profit.

Thanks for reading, btw I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried this method, or is using this strategy right now? many thanks[/quote']

This method is seriously underused and recommended. I've got a whole lot of my current players when they were worth under a million, and most of them now have a value of 10-15 mil. Plus it gives you some spare cash if you decide to sell off players who potentially have reached their peak. Could be useful to treat yourself to the occasional world class player :)

Respuesta: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

The only problem of this method is that now from some time ago the wages of 10k-100k players is 3k and if the rise is not so good you can win something but it's not so much profit to invest time searching for these kind of players grom my point of view.

Re: Respuesta: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

The only problem of this method is that now from some time ago the wages of 10k-100k players is 3k and if the rise is not so good you can win something but it's not so much profit to invest time searching for these kind of players grom my point of view.

Useful tip could be to go to the new players section whenever you're logged in and just buy most of them. That's what I did when I first started, and in the proces I got the likes of Verratti, Pogba, El Shaarawy, etc. for 250k.

There will always be one or two players from a top club, and if you're in any luck, he'll be a massive talent.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

Useful tip could be to go to the new players section whenever you're logged in and just buy most of them. That's what I did when I first started' date=' and in the proces I got the likes of Verratti, Pogba, El Shaarawy, etc. for 250k.

There will always be one or two players from a top club, and if you're in any luck, he'll be a massive talent.[/quote']

I did the same and I agree with you only doing it with the most talented players you could find and there are not free agents from 8k - 25k. They are usually from 250k to 800k.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

I did the same and I agree with you only doing it with the most talented players you could find and there are not free agents from 8k - 25k. They are usually from 250k to 800k.

Sorry, I misread.

You're right in saying that there are hardly potential free-agent talents for less than 25k. That said, not that long ago Nick Powell and Ox were rated 70 (lower league rating), thus worth 10k.

Re: Respuesta: Buying Free Agents for 8k - 25k

Useful tip could be to go to the new players section whenever you're logged in and just buy most of them. That's what I did when I first started' date=' and in the proces I got the likes of Verratti, Pogba, El Shaarawy, etc. for 250k.

There will always be one or two players from a top club, and if you're in any luck, he'll be a massive talent.[/quote']

Where do you find new players section?

• 2 months later...

Hmm, I'm dubious that this would work in a competitive league. You may get lucky and get one of the new wonderboys, but wages will hit you hard if you have loads of players that dont rise.

There are other ways to take a bankrupt team to ONE BILLION POUNDS in a competitive league, but it's a bit harder now that p/e players aren't worth doing so much.

Brighton.png

Cool' date=' thanks for replying, can't say I'm surprised that it's common, although it seems I'm the only one who uses this in my game world.

Even if you have a free agent who never increases, you will always be able to sell them back and never make a loss, from my experience anyway.[/quote']

Yeah if you're selling them back and their rating doesn't increase you're probably making a loss. Players get paid. Higher rated players in decent leagues are much easier to make absolutely loads of money off if they're out on loan and getting game time or at the "B" club. Reviewed often, rise quickly, money money money.