Sign in to follow this  
Overmars to Nasri

Walcott Taunting Spurs Fans [NEUTRALS ONLY]

Walcott Taunting Spurs Fans [NEUTRALS ONLY]  

1. 1.

• YES - both were appalling reactions from professional football players
    • NO - Walcott's wasn't that bad really

Walcott was being given abuse by Spurs fans as he lay injured right in front of them.

As he was carried off on a stretcher he reacted to the abuse by making a 2-0 hand gesture (the current score in the game that those spurs fans were losing).

Is this the kind of thing we want stamped out of football as unprofessional conduct that could incite violence?

Did you find it funny and just a bit of football banter?

Should Walcott be disciplined by the FA?

It has been compared to when Adebayor ran the length of the field to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans after receiving some abuse.

Are they both to be treated in the same way?

Re: Walcott Taunting Spurs Fans [NEUTRALS ONLY]

Both are idiots, both should have stopped themselves, both incidents show the immaturity of these 'professionals'.

When you think about the rivalry the 2 teams have, there are always going to be clowns in the crowd waiting for a moment to kick off. Walcott gave them that moment.

The 2 incidents could both have led to violence amongst fans after the games in question.

Really daft behaviour. It doesn't matter how much abuse is being shouted his way, he's being paid what? £100k a week? I'd happily stand in the middle of 20,000 people for 2 hours and let them shout what they want for £100k.

He had no need to act like a silly 5 year old.

Gives something for Stewards to do for once is my thinking. Steve Brucey wound us Leyton Orient fans in the FA CUP last season by celebrating wildly after a bit of "Fat Banker" abuse, which only resulted in more chanting his way, and some stewards having to get of their stools, but it's nothing malicious. Not a middle finger, just a good old wind up :D

Both silly but Walcott's was actually quite funny. He was getting abused and thought he would take the mick. He could have made the crowd angry? So what? These people are in control of their own actions. If they do anything bad its their own fault. Not walcott's. He's getting coins thrown at him and abused all game and he cant give anything back? The only bad thing about it is that Walcott was getting helped off the pitch by the medical staff who would have been hit by the coins. In that respect, it wasnt a good thing to do. Other than that, I thought it was brilliant.

I thought it was brilliant. Some Spurs fans' responses were totally wrong however. You always get a few mugs who take it too far. Walcott did not provoke anyone to resort to violence, in my opinion. I think it would be ludicrous to even hold the opinion that he did.

As for Ade.. I think that was just as brilliant.

I thought it was brilliant. Some Spurs fans' responses were totally wrong however. You always get a few mugs who take it too far. Walcott did not provoke anyone to resort to violence' date=' in my opinion. I think it would be ludicrous to even hold the opinion that he did.[/quote']

In a perfect World no his actions would not provoke. We don't live in a perfect World though. He knew full well what he was doing. He was on the wind up, he was fishing for a reaction. To think overwise is ridiculous.

His actions were stupid. He knew the Spurs fans were already unamused and he decided to gesture at them to unsettle them further. As there were medical personnel and stewards present his actions were a danger to others, plain and simple.

Fans can be idiots, absolutely everyone knows that. Local derbies bring an unwanted element of wannabe thugs too. The fans should put up and shut up but so should little Theo. Nobody was in the right in todays scenario.

This was not the original argument, the argument is simply whether Adebayor and Walcott's actions were the same or whether Adebayor went too far and Walcott didn't.

Overmars to Nasri labelled Adebayor's actions as "disgusting" and Walcott's actions "perfectly ok".

As for Walcott being hit by coins, Adebayor's celebration wasn't unprovoked.

This was not the original argument' date=' the argument is simply whether Adebayor and Walcott's actions were the same or whether Adebayor went too far and Walcott didn't.

Overmars to Nasri labelled Adebayor's actions as "disgusting" and Walcott's actions "perfectly ok".

As for Walcott being hit by coins, Adebayor's celebration wasn't unprovoked.[/quote']

Wasn't Adebayor subjected to verbal abuse only?

Not quite the same is it?

It's fine for fans to literally hurl abuse at players for an entire game. Bit of cheeky banter from England's own Theo Walcott and people have thrown their toys out of their prams, got tears streaming down their faces and need to take a serious look at themselves if they think Theo trolling the away fans was anything other than funny. My Tottenham supporting friends also concur with this.

This he earns a load of money so should just take it is nonsense. He is paid to play football, not to take abuse off a bunch of idiots in the crowd. If he decides to casually mention the scoreline and they all "kick off" then maybe that kind of person is the one with the problem. Because Theo doesn't have the problem. The jealous little darlings in the crowd and the PC brigade do.

It wasn't as bad at all.

Walcott reacted like any of us probably would have done given the abuse he was getting right in front of the Spurs fans. Adebayor ran the length of the pitch in order to intentional antagonise the Arsenal fans.

Either way, i liked both of them to be honest. There's nothing wrong with players giving fans a bit of stick back.

Lets be honest, if it was any of our players doing it to our rivals we'd love it.