Sign in to follow this  
Omre094

Abuse of offering clubs out to cancel transfers

Since the old thread got deleted for some reason, re-posting this one..

Everyone knows what an issue this is so won't bother to explain it all again. Thread needs to be here on the off chance someone with power from SM sees it and at the very least responds to the issue?

Re: Abuse of offering clubs out to cancel transfers

Since the old thread got deleted for some reason' date=' re-posting this one..

Everyone knows what an issue this is so won't bother to explain it all again. Thread needs to be here on the off chance someone with power from SM sees it and at the very least responds to the issue?[/quote']

Yes it is an issue but what is your suggestion to improve it so as it cannot be abused in the future as your post reads to me more of a whine than a suggestion.

Yes it is an issue but what is your suggestion to improve it so as it cannot be abused in the future as your post reads to me more of a whine than a suggestion.

There was a previous thread I made with twenty something replies in which everyone went over every possible solution etc to the problem.

Best option imo is the simple one: you REMOVE the feature to offer clubs out, it causes far more problems than it does actually help people. If you legitimately want your friend to have the club, send them a PM over the clubs availability.

IF you have to keep the feature, then allow actual PUNISHMENTS for users who clearly abuse it, offering clubs out to friends who DO NOT take the club. Users can be reported for abuse of the feature and if proven they have been cheating which is EXTREMELY common, they are REMOVED from the specific GW and lose SM rep.

There was a previous thread I made with twenty something replies in which everyone went over every possible solution etc to the problem.

Best option imo is the simple one: you REMOVE the feature to offer clubs out' date=' it causes far more problems than it does actually help people. If you legitimately want your friend to have the club, send them a PM over the clubs availability.

IF you have to keep the feature, then allow actual PUNISHMENTS for users who clearly abuse it, offering clubs out to friends who DO NOT take the club. Users can be reported for abuse of the feature and if proven they have been cheating which is EXTREMELY common, they are REMOVED from the specific GW and lose SM rep.[/quote']

As a follow up to this:

I've played SM since December 2007. Never before though have I actually considered quitting. This issue is now the primary reason I feel I may not be playing this game this time next year. I can't understand why those in charge have not made any sort of input on why this problem is yet to be resolved, and why the previous thread was deleted. All you need is one user with something against you and he can ruin your SM experience by simply offering unmanaged clubs out every time your about to complete a transfer with the specific club - I've been suffering through this problem for many months now and it's getting too much that I'm no longer bothered about the game. PLEASE will someone in charge do something about this, I ask as a long-time member.

I agree with SMH here this thread seems to be more of a whine then a suggestion to improve?

I may be wrong but I'm guessing you have bid for a player in a Gold Champ and the Club has then been offered out?

This is a problem I'm sure SM are aware of, due to the number of threads made about it every other day.

But unfortunately with everything in life people always find a way to abuse everything, I'm sure a lot of people do benefit in the offer a club facility so it will be hard for SM to remove it.

I agree with SMH here this thread seems to be more of a whine then a suggestion to improve?

I may be wrong but I'm guessing you have bid for a player in a Gold Champ and the Club has then been offered out?

This is a problem I'm sure SM are aware of' date=' due to the number of threads made about it every other day.

But unfortunately with everything in life people always find a way to abuse everything, I'm sure a lot of people do benefit in the offer a club facility so it will be hard for SM to remove it.[/quote']

I totally disagree with you.This post does not seem to be a whine read it properly and you will see its someone whose become desperate for some action from SM as there constantly facing cheating.Its disgraceful that SM haven't removed this useless feature as there's been a previous thread with many complaints about it.I can assure you with 100% certainty that this feature has been abused much more than used in a positive way and more managers have suffered than gained.

Just remove this useless feature(cheats tool) if someone wants a team they should get off there back-side's and go and get it!

This is a problem I'm sure SM are aware of' date=' due to the number of threads made about it every other day.

But unfortunately with everything in life people always find a way to abuse everything, I'm sure a lot of people do benefit in the offer a club facility so it will be hard for SM to remove it.[/quote']

Don't mean to come across as harsh here but you actually couldn't be more wrong. The OP may come across as whining but that's because people on the forums have been over solutions a thousand and one times - I even gave clear solutions in my follow up post.

If you play in GCs, or any populated GW, this is a MAJOR issue, and is so easy to fix! Heck, just make the deal be cancelled if the person takes over the club rather than getting offered it, that'd make a huge difference. How it currently is is far too easy to abuse and get away with, and the most annoying part is it's so easy to sort out, if only SM would finally act on the issue after a good 2 years!

I totally disagree with you.This post does not seem to be a whine read it properly and you will see its someone whose become desperate for some action from SM as there constantly facing cheating.Its disgraceful that SM haven't removed this useless feature as there's been a previous thread with many complaints about it.I can assure you with 100% certainty that this feature has been abused much more than used in a positive way and more managers have suffered than gained.

Just remove this useless feature(cheats tool) if someone wants a team they should get off there back-side's and go and get it!

Thank you Rico, I've been in plenty of GC's with you before and like everyone else I'm sure you've suffered through this problem many times. I actually just asked SM on twitter and they replied saying:

'previously transfers remained accepted. Managers taking control of the club complained it was unfair. We can't win either way.'

You CAN win SM! You win by stopping this blatant cheating by having the deal cancelled only when someone actually takes over a club. If someone takes over a club and complains because it's been raided beforehand, then they should've taken it sooner - there's no cheating that's taken place. For the love of everyone that enjoys this game can you finally act on this issue..

Since the old thread got deleted for some reason' date=' re-posting this one..

Everyone knows what an issue this is so won't bother to explain it all again. Thread needs to be here on the off chance someone with power from SM sees it and at the very least responds to the issue?[/quote']

As per the following two posts...

...I can understand them to an extent as we do ask that the content of your post is either a suggestion or improvement to the game and your opening post is neither. However' date=' you have since gone on to elaborate on your opening post.

Its disgraceful that SM haven't removed this useless feature as there's been a previous thread with many complaints about it.I can assure you with 100% certainty that this feature has been abused much more than used in a positive way and more managers have suffered than gained.

Unfortunately you cannot say "with 100% certainty that this feature has been abused much more than used in a positive way" as you cannot see any stats relating to it. Unlike your goodself I can see those stats and since we introduced this, numerous managers, both existing or new, have joined their friends in the same Game World.

Best option imo is the simple one: you REMOVE the feature to offer clubs out' date=' it causes far more problems than it does actually help people. If you legitimately want your friend to have the club, send them a PM over the clubs availability.[/quote']

We won't be removing this "useless feature (cheats tool)" or hand out "PUNISHMENTS for users who clearly abuse it' date=' offering clubs out to friends who DO NOT take the club." First, because it isn't a useless features as i've already mentioned. Second, because we could be punishing innocent managers, just because their friends decide not to join them.

But unfortunately with everything in life people always find a way to abuse everything, I'm sure a lot of people do benefit in the offer a club facility so it will be hard for SM to remove it.

That is correct as people are always finding ways to beat the system, whether it is on SM or away from the game.

Thank you Rico' date=' I've been in plenty of GC's with you before and like everyone else I'm sure you've suffered through this problem many times. I actually just asked SM on twitter and they replied saying:

'previously transfers remained accepted. Managers taking control of the club complained it was unfair. We can't win either way.'

You CAN win SM! You win by stopping this blatant cheating by having the deal cancelled only when someone actually takes over a club. If someone takes over a club and complains because it's been raided beforehand, then they should've taken it sooner - there's no cheating that's taken place. For the love of everyone that enjoys this game can you finally act on this issue..[/quote']

The information that you were told on twitter is correct. Previously managers made offers and they remained in place irrespective of if a new manager took control or not. Naturally this led to complaints from those managers that they've just taken over club x and they're about to lose their best player(s). At the time we listened to what people had to say and made a change.

Once again we've been listening to feedback and are going to make some changes. We're going to change it from "Offer Club" to "Suggest Club". This will mean that you'll still be able to offer the club to your friend in SM or even to someone who's currently not a manager. However, the club won't become locked (as I think off the top of my head it's locked for up to 7 and 30 days respectively depending whether they are/ aren't a manager on SM) as this currently takes them out of the Game World. Managers will still be able to make transfer offers and it will also mean that the manager who offered out the club will still be able to get their friend to join them (if they decide to take up the offer).

Once again we've been listening to feedback and are going to make some changes. We're going to change it from "Offer Club" to "Suggest Club". This will mean that you'll still be able to offer the club to your friend in SM or even to someone who's currently not a manager. However' date=' the club won't become locked (as I think off the top of my head it's locked for up to 7 and 30 days respectively depending whether they are/ aren't a manager on SM) as this currently takes them out of the Game World. Managers will still be able to make transfer offers and it will also mean that the manager who offered out the club will still be able to get their friend to join them (if they decide to take up the offer).[/quote']

Very happy to see this, I've been a victim of this many times in various setups. This little tweak allows genuine managers to take over a club whilst not hindering managers looking to buy from the club.

I do feel that some will still offer the club to their friend who will in turn take over and quit to cancel deals. But I do hope SM punish these managers for breaching the code of conduct.

Guest FallenAngel

Once again we've been listening to feedback and are going to make some changes. We're going to change it from "Offer Club" to "Suggest Club". This will mean that you'll still be able to offer the club to your friend in SM or even to someone who's currently not a manager. However' date=' the club won't become locked (as I think off the top of my head it's locked for up to 7 and 30 days respectively depending whether they are/ aren't a manager on SM) as this currently takes them out of the Game World. [/quote']

A positive move there IMO

I do feel that some will still offer the club to their friend who will in turn take over and quit to cancel deals.

Unfortunately they will' date=' but they could effectively do that prior to job offers anyway [/color']

Absolutely fantastic news to see something is being done over this issue, thank you. I apologise that I came over as whining in the OP - that was simply because the previous thread was deleted and I didn't have much hope for this one so didn't have the motivation to write a lengthy post, very pleased I was wrong.

Yes, it's hard to prove myself if the offer club feature results in cheating, as there's no way for me to provide concrete evidence - but you can ask just about any gold member and I'm sure they will vouch that the feature is abused to stop deals going through.

Anyway, all points have been made at one point or another, and personally it's great to finally make a positive post in this area of the forums, I've tried to get this feature changed for a long time now. Thanks again for the change - this will improve the experience of members throughout the game and prove to people that SM do care about their users experience and are willing to make alterations in order to improve it.

Absolutely fantastic news to see something is being done over this issue' date=' thank you. I apologise that I came over as whining in the OP - that was simply because the previous thread was deleted and I didn't have much hope for this one so didn't have the motivation to write a lengthy post, very pleased I was wrong.

Anyway, all points have been made at one point or another, and personally it's great to finally make a positive post in this area of the forums, I've tried to get this feature changed for a long time now. Thanks again for the change - this will improve the experience of members throughout the game and prove to people that SM do care about their users experience and are willing to make alterations in order to improve it.[/quote']

As long as people take the time to follow the posting guidelines within this thread, then we'll take the time to read and/or respond to their threads or posts.

As per the following two posts...

...I can understand them to an extent as we do ask that the content of your post is either a suggestion or improvement to the game and your opening post is neither. However' date=' you have since gone on to elaborate on your opening post.

[/quote']

I messaged the OP after his initial post and asked him to elaborate so it can be viewed as constructive, which he heeded and did as much.

Glad to see some changes have been made and glad a Dev took the time to respond to this thread, kudos.

I messaged the OP after his initial post and asked him to elaborate so it can be viewed as constructive' date=' which he heeded and did as much.[/quote']

They did indeed elaborate, but unfortunately some don't even though they should be posting a suggestion or improvement to the game.

Glad to see some changes have been made and glad a Dev took the time to respond to this thread' date=' kudos.[/quote']

The changes haven't yet been made, but they will be introduced shortly.

I'm currently in a GC where a manager constantly and consistently abuse's this feature if he's outbid on a player or doesn't have any cash the team gets offered out.

My suggestion would be to limit this feature's use to once a season which imo is pretty reasonable.

I'm currently in a GC where a manager constantly and consistently abuse's this feature if he's outbid on a player or doesn't have any cash the team gets offered out.

My suggestion would be to limit this feature's use to once a season which imo is pretty reasonable.

Many thanks for your feedback and suggestion, but we've already posted a proposal and this is something which will shortly be introduced.

Any ideas when Steve?

We've got some very important projects to finish off, but once they're done, we'll be looking at addressing this problem as well as other concerns / issues that people have flagged up.

We've got some very important projects to finish off' date=' but once they're done, we'll be looking at addressing this problem as well as other concerns / issues that people have flagged up.[/quote']

On 6/3 /14 you stated this issue would be addressed shortly, we are still waiting, then again how many years was it before the match engine issue was addressed?

I would suggest that this sort of abuse/cheating is becoming the most important issue that the game needs to deal with.

Check out GC 74 where all important transfers are controlled by one player!

On 6/3 /14 you stated this issue would be addressed shortly' date=' we are still waiting, then again how many years was it before the match engine issue was addressed?

I would suggest that this sort of abuse/cheating is becoming the most important issue that the game needs to deal with.

Check out GC 74 where all important transfers are controlled by one player![/quote']

He does the same thing in gc138 as well! The worst cheat I've ever seen on SM.

I made a fairly detailed account of the above managers dealings on the linked account section, however I got the SM standard reply that there is no evidence of the accounts being linked, immediately, there wasn't time for the message to have been read by anyone, yet there it was, the SM cover-up.

SM give the impression that they are not concerned and promises of action being taken "soon" just are not good enough, the manager we are referring to has been getting away with blatant cheating for years.

I made a fairly detailed account of the above managers dealings on the linked account section' date=' however I got the SM standard reply that there is no evidence of the accounts being linked, immediately, there wasn't time for the message to have been read by anyone, yet there it was, the SM cover-up.

SM give the impression that they are not concerned and promises of action being taken "soon" just are not good enough, the manager we are referring to has been getting away with blatant cheating for years.[/quote']

I also reported him for multi accounting and got one of his accounts(evana trump) that he was using to block me and other managers removed by the smfa so they know he was cheating I really don't know why his other team wasn't removed?

I guess when teams become free he offers them to friends to do favourable deals and I bet when people complain he says its jealousy.I've had to put up with all that nonsense and his petitions and bucket loads of personal abuse via the news feed for months.

Its a shame no one at SM cares enough to sort it out.

edit:I'm sure you will find evana trump was used to block in gc74 as well.

Well, it's been almost 3 months and all I can say is that it's very disappointing that this terrible issue is yet to be sorted when the solution is seemingly straight-forward enough to implement, so many cheats have been continuing to prosper since SM said changes would be made - especially when the problem is most prominent in GC's where users pay for the right to be in them.