What is wrong?

I manage West Bromwich Albion and would like serious tactical help to save my team from the drop. My first team's average rating is 87 with only 2 strikers of rating 86 and 88. My shortage of strikers led me to play one striker in a 4-1-4-1 formation. When I play teams with ratings above 91, my players average a performance 6. If the teams are below a rating of 90, my players average between 7 and 9.

Now, my reason for starting this thread is because I can't figure out why my team usually has (in 80% of the games) above 55 percent of possession, above 10 shots on goal (on average) and, also on average, above 5 shots on target BUT I always lose! Sometimes I lose to teams that have had just 2 shots on target whereas none of my 9 shots on target go in.

I know that, in real life, these kind of stats happen from time to time BUT the frequency with which this happens to my team is too much. 19 games into the season and 80 percent have been this way. I dominate the game but lose it anyway.

Any thoughts on what I can do? I have tried to change the formation to 4-2-3-1 for my next game... will tell you what happens

Ps: I have consistently employed a target man. If anyone needs more info on my tactics, just ask BUT, please, don't reply with foolish talk e.g buy so and so, or quit the team, etc

Re: What is wrong?

Well mate the only thing I know about this is that the match engine is being critisized by many, and I've heard it's going to be fixed. Maybe if you change your tactics you could win; but as you already stated, your team dominates the match and you loose; so your formation is not the problem, maybe your finishers? Team style? I know this isn't of much help. But it's what I know :D

You play too fast so your players shoot when they have no chance for scoring' date=' you should have slower tempo. Your opponents shoot 2 times in 90 minutes but they shoot from 100% chances.[/quote']

Well cant believe that some one can see that all of it is just not the match engine fault ,why do people not realise that depending when you do tactics etc the reason why you have a choice is they all do something diff ,so depending on what the opposing side does will have an affect .

Many a game i have won playing a slower tempo and using defence as one of my attributes instead of attack/v attack thinking because you pulverise the goal and have more shots you should win .

Well i know many a team in real life that has won titles and cups and win games using this type of strategy ,Arsenal under Graham and LFC under Houllier being two of them .

Reason why is they were brilliant counter attackers which is an option in the game for us to use .

Ive seen a Forumer in a set up i am in complaining about results and when checking his last game found he played ,

V attacking ,fast tempo plus counter attack, men behind ball ,tight marking and play offside .

Talk about cover all bets:D :)

While you are at it what do you guys think of 4-1-4-1 versus 4-2-3-1, all other factors remaining constant? i.e I have the players to suit both formations but I want to know which you people think is the best for an average squad.

Ps: Once again I kindly ask anyone who replies here to stay away from anything but what I have asked for- which is help.