Ryan Shawcross

Ahmed

He is a 20 year-old Welsh centre back who currently plays for Stoke City on loan from Man. Utd . His main powers lie in set pieces. This season he has plaid every single minute for Stoke in the Championship and 1 game in the carling cup . Ryan has 5 goals to his name at the moment (a CB) - 4 in the league and 1 in the cup . His rating is 80 and could rise to 82/83 by next english changes.

• 1 month later...

Re: Ryan Shawcross

Another Michael Owen scenario with this guy. Brought up in wales,went to a welsh school but as the closest hospital is in england that was where he was born, Chester. Seems a good prospect i never heard of him till now and he hasn't been in the welsh squad/under 21s so i'm assuming he doesn't want play for Wales or has no welsh family connections.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im very happy with his increase. i bought a player for 10k 18year old who went from 70-rated to 80 rated, and exchanged him for shawcross, who went up today to 84.

not a bad way to spend 10k and turn into 4.2million SM value

question is now, is selling him on the best thing to do? I personally think it is, dont get me wrong, good player and justifies his rise, but unless he moves from stoke, i doubt he will get past 86/87 next change.

i rekon ill P/E him for another 84ish player who will go to 86+ in their next change

thoughts?

im very happy with his increase. i bought a player for 10k 18year old who went from 70-rated to 80 rated' date=' and exchanged him for shawcross, who went up today to 84.

not a bad way to spend 10k and turn into 4.2million SM value

question is now, is selling him on the best thing to do? I personally think it is, dont get me wrong, good player and justifies his rise, but unless he moves from stoke, i doubt he will get past 86/87 next change.

i rekon ill P/E him for another 84ish player who will go to 86+ in their next change

thoughts?[/quote']

That will be a very good idea because to get the 86/87 then you have to wait for around a year or more which can be frustrating . So its better to do a deal with him . After all , the forum is full of risers/moneymakers so you could always buy some .

An excellent spot this one Ahmed. It's worth pointing out to make sure people are 100% aware that Shawcross is a Man Utd player currently on loan.

It is possible if he returns to Man Utd and gets a few games he could rise to 87+ quite easily. That would take time though and I believe he's on a full season loan at Stoke.

So yes it's probably worth part x'ing Shawcross for another similar player who will rise in the future. My tip would be part x him for Marco Borriello (F/25/85/£4.2M) of Genoa if you can, with 10 goals in Serie A he'll rise to an 87 (maybe 88) next time around!

shawcross has signed for stoke, deal is worth £2mill, 900k up front, extra 750k after certain amount of appearances plus a further 350k based on performance, so as hes now a stoke player, unless stoke gain promotion which i very much doubt they will..i cant see him go any higher than 86 unless a prem club snap him up. ive accepted a £4.9mill bid for him, and as soon as that goes through im using the cash plus 2 80rated youngsters to buy nocerino :D

shawcross has signed for stoke' date=' deal is worth £2mill, 900k up front, extra 750k after certain amount of appearances plus a further 350k based on performance, so as hes now a stoke player, unless stoke gain promotion which i very much doubt they will..i cant see him go any higher than 86 unless a prem club snap him up. ive accepted a £4.9mill bid for him, and as soon as that goes through im using the cash plus 2 80rated youngsters to buy nocerino :D[/quote']

The initial fee is reported to be £1 million says Sky Sports News ;

This could rise by a further £750' date='000 on appearances and another £250,000 on the club's successes.[/quote']

Sounds like a good deal for Stoke and the player himself, he seems highly regarded right now, " has huge potential ". Could be interesting. He can go on the shortlist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

shawcross has signed for stoke' date=' deal is worth £2mill, 900k up front, extra 750k after certain amount of appearances plus a further 350k based on performance, so as hes now a stoke player, [b']unless stoke gain promotion which i very much doubt they will[/b]..i cant see him go any higher than 86 unless a prem club snap him up. ive accepted a £4.9mill bid for him, and as soon as that goes through im using the cash plus 2 80rated youngsters to buy nocerino :D

How wrong you were!

What do people think of his rating? He will be a 1st team regular next season but will his rating be affected by the fact that Stoke will probably get hammered most weeks?

I don't know what rating he is now (is he still 84?) and I cba to check lol. If he plays regularly next season for Stoke (which he should) and as long as Stoke do better than Derby (which they should) then Shawcross should get 86, maybe 87 if he plays well. But to get 88 he'd have to either go to a better club or play so well that he is worthy of an 88.

I reckon he'll hit 86/87 next season, maybe 86 after the first ratings and 87 after the second, but I doubt he'll reach 88 next season unless he leaves.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what rating he is now (is he still 84?) and I cba to check lol. If he plays regularly next season for Stoke (which he should) and as long as Stoke do better than Derby (which they should) then Shawcross should get 86' date=' maybe 87 if he plays well. But to get 88 he'd have to either go to a better club or play so well that he is worthy of an 88.

I reckon he'll hit 86/87 next season, maybe 86 after the first ratings and 87 after the second, but I doubt he'll reach 88 next season unless he leaves.[/quote']

Still reckon he'll hit 86/87. Will he get a rise to 85 for simply being in the EPL? Looking for some young CBs for cup games. Currently I have Jagielka and Zubar for first team and A. Ferdinand and Cahill for cup team, but Cahill has got 2 goals in two games, cup and league. So I think I need another CB because next one after these 4 is Jack Rodwell :eek: