My rant about 3 things I cannot understand

psychospin

#1 - Static stadium.

I've got this one team since the day I registered in this game. When I registered it was one of the weakest teams in the portuguese second division. The best rated player, by far, had 82, others were all 77 or less.

I've built the team up, promoted, got the right players at the right time, and now, 12 seasons later I'm 3 times champion with a first 11 with 95 as average.

But my crappy little stadium is kept at 8.000 seats!!!

How can I compete finatially with the other big teams if their revenue from tickets is 5 to 9 times higher than mine?

The other big teams have a relatively reduced number of players, and almost never sign a future riser simply because they don't need to. Me, on the other hand, have to be constantly buying players that will grow and selling players that have grown. I can't stop, I have a loss of over 3 millions each week. I need to have over 100 players (had over 200 once) to be able to maintain my 24/25 players main squad.

#2 - Ineffective loans.

While some players develop really fast, enough to go into the main squad like Gotze or Neymar, others take their sweet time, but some of those are surely be super high rated, or at least they have the potential (Thiago comes to mind). But if they're not good enough yet, they won't get game time, and being at 90/91, they just don't fit in the team yet. So they get unhappy.

But loaning them, to get them game time is irrelevant as they will not only keep the unhappiness, they'll grow a new one because they've been loaned out... What the hell.. make up your mind, you want to play ot not? Does it really matter what team you play in while you're not rated enough to be part of the squad?!

Why do loans exist anyway if they're good for nothing?

#3 - Language.

This is getting into my nerves everyday. Since a few months ago, after years of no problems, everytime I log into the site the language is set to brazilian portuguese, and every single time I change it to european portuguese. Why doesn't the site remember my choice anymore, and why the hell does it admit I'm from Brazil?? My IP is portuguese, my windows is european portuguese, my browser is european portuguese... If you're going to change it, at least change it to english.

For you guys not familiar with the portuguese language, european and brazilian portuguese are a lot different. We understand each other perfectly, but the gap is considerable. Some examples:

Squad: Plantel - pt-pt / Elenco - pt-br

Defender: Defesa pt-pt / Zagueiro - pt-br

Please let me chose AND KEEP my goddamn language!!

Sorry about this rant guys, I've been accumulating this on my chest for so long, I had to take it out.

Cheers.

Re: My rant about 3 things I cannot understand

Nice! I love a good rant :)

1: Check here mate >> Stadium Building, half-way down the last page...may make you smile ;)

2: Loans can be very effective for clubs. However I do understand what you're saying here.

3: Man I hate stuff like this...my poxy bloody Chrome browser GGGRR. I have to change settings each time I open a new window. Though im too stubborn to change :mad:

Hope they do something for you, an get it sorted.

1) Something I believe SM are looking to introduce.

2) You could argue that in reality, players like Neymar and Gotze wouldn't be happy to go out on loan, regardless of the other players in the squad. It isn't often that world class youth is loaned out, and when they are, they often get a bit concerned with their parent club (look at Lukaku's disillusion with Chelsea). I think the system works and prevents managers from hogging all of the best players, even if it does make it a little harder to manage if you're in that position ;)

3) That may be worth reporting as a bug. Try PMing SM Dev (Steven) on here if that doesn't progress very well.

#3 - Language.

This is getting into my nerves everyday. Since a few months ago' date=' after years of no problems, everytime I log into the site the language is set to brazilian portuguese, and every single time I change it to european portuguese. Why doesn't the site remember my choice anymore, and why the hell does it admit I'm from Brazil?? My IP is portuguese, my windows is european portuguese, my browser is european portuguese... If you're going to change it, at least change it to english.

For you guys not familiar with the portuguese language, european and brazilian portuguese are a lot different. We understand each other perfectly, but the gap is considerable. Some examples:

Squad: Plantel - pt-pt / Elenco - pt-br

Defender: Defesa pt-pt / Zagueiro - pt-br

Please let me chose AND KEEP my goddamn language!![/quote']

I'm sorry to hear that your language keeps defaulting back to Portuguese from Portuguese (Brasil). That shouldn't be happening. If you report it as a Bug we will look into this.