Sign in to follow this  
AJB

ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes...

Re: ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes...

So now that the awards have been done (except Manager & Player of the season), I will update the club points probably next Thursday/Friday. I will do the usual leaderboard of the clubs for season & overall standings.

You are now free to sell players.

Please dont forget to vote for Manager & Player of the season if you havent done so far already.

Vote Here

OR

Vote Here

ARMAGEDDON

Season 2

Awards

Ok' date=' we are finally here for the second awards of the GW.

This season a total of [b']NINE[/b] teams have won at least one Award, with SEVEN new records being broken!

No Managers chose to use their Wild Card this season, so it seems we all have a master-plan :).

So with no further a-do's, Good luck and here are the winners!

Manager Awards

Manager Of The Year

TBA

Tactical Genius

D1 - Sean McEvoy- Shelbourne

Sean's Shelbourne kept 8 Clean-sheets! A New Record!!!

D2 - Martin O'Shaughnessy- Livingston

Mart's Livingston Kept 6 Clean-sheets!

Team Awards

Top Scoring Team

D1 - Gillingham - 46 Goals

An average of 2.56 Goals per game.

D2 - Cambridge - 49 Goals

An average of 2.72 Goals per game. A New Record!!!

Top Defensive Team

D1 - Shelbourne - 19 Conceded

An Average of 1.05 per game. A New Record!!!

D2 - AFC Bournemouth - 20 Conceded

An Average of 1.11 per game.

Cup Winners

Brentford

Season 2 Winner's of the Prestigious Cup

Dirty Dog Award

D1 - Rotherham - 30 Cards

An average of 1.67 Cards per game

D2 - Cambridge - 32 Cards

An average of 1.78 Cards per game

Player Awards

Player Of The Year

TBA

Golden Boot

D1

70017.jpg

Sam Gallagher - 17 Goals

Sam's 17 goals in 17 Appearances for Ayr, almost helped them successfully defend their Division 1 title. A New Record!!!

D2

65380.jpg

Douglas Coutinho - 13 Goals

Coutinho bagged 13 goals in 13 games for Cambridge, leading them to the Playoff's.

Assist King

D1

62979.jpg

Yusuf Erdoğan - 16 Assist

Gillingham's Erdoğan assisted 16 goals in 18 appearances. An average of 0.89 per game. A New Record!!!

D2

71124.jpg

Theo Bongonda - 10 Assist

Cambridge's Bongonda assisted 10 goals in 14 appearances. An average of 0.71 per game.

Top Performer

D1

70017.jpg

Sam Gallagher - 8.06

Ayr's Gallagher made 17 appearances this season, scoring an avg rating of 8.06. A New Record!!!

D2

68434.jpg

Luis Fernández - 8.02

Brentford's Fernández made 13 appearances this season, scoring an avg rating of 8.02.

Best Effort

D1

70017.jpg

Sam Gallagher - 6 MOTM

Ayr's Gallagher collected 6 Man Of The Matches this season. A New Record!!!

D2

56905.jpg

Robin Olsen - 4 MOTM

Exeter City's Olsen collected 4 Man Of The Matches this season.

Ballon D'or

62979.jpg

Yusuf Erdoğan - 83 Rated

Gillingham's Erdoğan scoop's the most prestigious Player Award for the second time. Will he hang-on to it again next season?

So thats the end of the awards for season 2.

Got robbed twice in the awards ceremony as last seasons top goal scorer had joint top number of assist and my goalkeeper had joint mom points yet u get nothing! What happened to splitting points for equal points! :eek:

Got robbed twice in the awards ceremony as last seasons top goal scorer had joint top number of assist and my goalkeeper had joint mom points yet u get nothing! What happened to splitting points for equal points! :eek:

I decided to go with the players who had played less games. I also missed out on an award for MOTM's (there was 4 players tied). So if we split 5pts between 4 managers' date=' it just seemed too much. Dont mind having .5's to deal with..but it could become mental. 6 players tied / 5pts = :eek: After 5 or 6 seasons the scores could be like 300.98384757 :P

Anyways..dont be greedy :eek:

:D

Btw great job with the awards, Andy! ;)

Thanks mate :)

Re: ARMAGEDDhttp://forum.soccermanager.com/images/editON...The Rise From The Ashes...

Announcement from the Ministry of Culture, Chance & Transport.

As you may or may not be aware, within my remit as minister for Culture, Chance and Transport, it is my responsibility to secure investment for the nation's passions. Football has proven itself to be an invaluable tool for our populous to entertain themselves amid the drudgery that our post apocalyptic planet finds itself in. This national pastime has brought about a sense of familiarity among the people and there has been significant reductions in crime and anti-social behaviour (however, a slight rise in abuse towards referees and match officials has been noted and will be monitored closely). As such, it was determined in a recent cabinet meeting that the improvement of the national game would be an imperative step towards stabalising our fragile society.

Recently, a new and lucrative revenue stream has been emerging in the world of televised broadcasting. A trend of reality based shows focused around the increased population of giant crocodiles. Shows that follow hunters of the beasts, shows that enlighten us as to the many delicious recipes that can be concocted using all parts of the animal, shows which offer us an array of splendid croc based attire, even an X-Factor based show where every contestant has to sing the Jimmy Nail classic 'Crocodile Shoes', and so on and so on. Apparently these shows are becoming so popular, that the company that produces them has become one of the most wealthy and influential entities in the world post 'Apophis'. In line with my duties, and after months and months of intense negotiation, my ministers and I have been able to secure a deal that will enable the sport of football to go from strength to strength.

As part of this deal the BBC (Bloomin Big Crocs) have agreed to pay for the rights to air games from across both divisions. They are keen to show both live matches, and a highlight show, featuring all games played that week. To show to us, the shadow government, the commitment of time and money they are willing to invest in this project, the BBC have spent the last six months cloning one of the most loved sports presenters in the world before the asteroid hit, Suzi Perry. The first attempt did not quite go as planned, however, the second attempt was a complete success, much to the bewilderment of the science community. Unfortunately, an oversight with the rate of aging of the clone, and a mistake with the so called 'mustache gene', the Suzi Perry of today, and the one that will spearhead the BBC's coverage of our game, may not be the one that people so fondly remember.

So What Does This Mean For You?

For you, the managers of our beautiful game, this deal means one thing, the economy of our game world will increase as of the start of Season 3 to Super Rich!!

This will bring in more revenue for every club, this newly acquired income will be invaluable as higher rated players, who cost more money, will be sourced by your clubs.

BE WARNED

It is up to you how you deal with this new found wealth, you may opt to blow it all as soon as it hits your pockets, you may indeed feel prudence is the best course of action. Either way, the choice is yours. I have to stress one thing to you all, we live in an unstable world, catastrophes can happen at any time, this may not last forever.

Thank you for your time.

Shockpads

Minister of Culture, Chance & Transport.

So now that the awards have been done (except Manager & Player of the season)' date=' I will update the club points probably next Thursday/Friday. I will do the usual leaderboard of the clubs for season & overall standings.

You are now free to sell players.

[center']Please dont forget to vote for Manager & Player of the season if you havent done so far already.

Vote Here

OR

Vote Here[/center]

Yep, as AJB says- get you votes in for 'Manager of the season' and ' Player of the season.' You all have until Midnight tonight (British time,) and i have only got 8 lots of votes in- please get voting, and make your vote count. Cheers to everyone for time and efforts :)

Yep' date=' as AJB says- get you votes in for 'Manager of the season' and ' Player of the season.' You all have until Midnight tonight (British time,) and i have only got 8 lots of votes in- please get voting, and make your vote count. Cheers to everyone for time and efforts :) [/size']

I sent mine to Andy mate, coz you don't have the forum option "enable PMs" on. :)

This game must love (read: hate) me' date=' announced that I'll be leaving the GW and I earn promotion while being the worst team to qualify for the play-offs in the first place :o[/quote']

Soooo... Staying on for another season???? ;););)

Well here it is everyone, the climax of the season.... votes have all been counted, and counted again as i ran out of fingers :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwu9SNPZuJNikJSAZnGfM4LSUBZf1joU3Vct6aNSrTOvR1JTMaAA

Armageddon season two manager of the year is.........

Chris Shareflair of Brentford!!!!!!

Votes recieved were = Chris Shareflair x5, Ronaldo Messi x2 and AJB x1.

Armageddon season two player of the year is.........

Sam Gallagher of Ayr!!!!!

Votes recieved were = Sam Gallagher x7 & Yusuf Erdogan x1.

Congratulations to all that won this time round, and again thankyou to everyone who took the time to vote. :)

Good luck to everyone for next season

Edinho Joãozinho (muallan-forum) takes control of Southend United.

Southend United were founded in 1906 and play their home games at Roots Hall in Southend-on-Sea. The club is also known as The Shrimpers. They have a rivalry with Colchester United and Leyton Orient.

Excited to take over this squad, which got promoted back to Division 1 under BroodRooster. Probably going to fight the battle against relegation, which will force me to spend my budget on players. Looking to bring young talent to the club

Excited to take over this squad' date=' which got promoted back to Division 1 under BroodRooster. Probably going to fight the battle against relegation, which will force me to spend my budget on players. Looking to bring young talent to the club [/font']

Best of luck mate, good to have you on board. :)

Excited to take over this squad' date=' which got promoted back to Division 1 under BroodRooster. Probably going to fight the battle against relegation, which will force me to spend my budget on players. Looking to bring young talent to the club [/font']

Best of luck mate.... Oh and are you following me??? ???

Well here it is everyone' date=' the climax of the season.... votes have all been counted, and counted again as i ran out of fingers :)

[img']https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwu9SNPZuJNikJSAZnGfM4LSUBZf1joU3Vct6aNSrTOvR1JTMaAA[/img]

Congratulations to all that won this time round, and again thankyou to everyone who took the time to vote. :)

A big thanks guys and girls..... I know it mustve been a difficult decision but you made the right choice :P

Good luck to everyone next season :)

A big thanks guys and girls..... I know it mustve been a difficult decision but you made the right choice :P

Good luck to everyone next season :)

Kudos Chris, absolutely deserved.

I mean, you won the league + the cup, like Hossam did in season 1. ;)

EDIT: you look good in that pic (the one in Clive's post). :P

Kudos Chris' date=' absolutely deserved.

EDIT: you look good in that pic (the one in Clive's post). :P[/quote']

Thanks mate.... The costume was from my Halloween collection.... Thought I pulled it off!

Votes recieved were = Chris Shareflair x5' date=' Ronaldo Messi x2 and AJB x1.

Why is Gallagher written in a small font is it because he comes from Ayr ? :mad:

Kudos Chris' date=' absolutely deserved.

EDIT: you look good in that pic (the one in Clive's post). :P[/quote']

Pfffft he can only dream to be like me B)

Well here it is everyone' date=' the climax of the season.... votes have all been counted, and counted again as i ran out of fingers :)

[img']https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwu9SNPZuJNikJSAZnGfM4LSUBZf1joU3Vct6aNSrTOvR1JTMaAA[/img]

Great Work again....

But i think you should disclose who voted for who?????

Come on.... Which IDIOT voted for Andy!!!!!! :eek:

Great Work again....

But i think you should disclose who voted for who?????

Come on.... Which IDIOT voted for Andy!!!!!! :eek:

Wouldnt want to embarass them, though they did give an imaginative reason for doing so... lol :D