ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes... ShaneMcG arrives to late to save Relegation - Cwmbran Manager Mr Shane McGrory has spoken of his deep regret. He promised the fan

Re: ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes... Hey Andy not sure to post this here or not: Risers so far for August.... not sure on season start date... 5th August Hateboer +2 14th August Yilmaz +2

Re: ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes... A player on my shortlist had a rise, does that count for my riser league

Re: ARMAGEDDON...The Rise From The Ashes...

Nice buddy' date=' congrats!

Not really mate. I just have to remember to check, each last day of each month. Im sure you all will let me know if I miss anyone :P

Ouch!

[b']GO WALSALL! My moneys on you n your lads mate![/b]

Very true Pedro..still early doors yet!

Yes as our very own Minister of Gambling & Debts has said, I can confirm the risers league started on the 12th mate, so Drazic will count toward your score :)

Pedro losing :eek: That IS a good result mate!

Unlucky Bas buddy...but GO WALSALL!!! :P

Im sorry, ive not been so active lately..been busy over the last week or so. Got aload of catching up to do (on other threads an such), which i'll leave for tomorrow ;) (yeap im cornish, we do it dreckly..dont we Clive :P)

Updating Club Points now though. Sorry, I had to delete some smileys.

EDIT: Done! Just noticed I havent updated the manager game/avg pts stats, which I will also do soon.

Haha, nice to see that my team gets the appreciations!:D

Next game is between us, mate! I sure wish to win this one! And I wish you to have good results, but not against me! :o:D

Alvarez +7 to 82 for Gillingham

:eek::(

U mean Benítez' date=' right? :P

Nice one, no doubt!

Cheers mate, which brings our total to 13 rating points (thanks to the 3 risers we've had so far), since the risers league started. :D

If only our league performance so far was that good... :o

We don't have to report our risers every time, do we, Andy?

U mean Benítez' date=' right? :P

Cheers mate, which brings our total to 13 rating points (thanks to the 3 risers we've had so far), since the risers league started. :D

If only our league performance so far was that good... :o

We don't have to report our risers every time, do we, Andy?[/quote']

Since I'm the "risers champion" from last season, maybe my players will start to rise soon, to have a chance at defending the title, but I have a feeling you might just win the title, mate! :D

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) was unable to prevent a Rotherham United defeat to Luton Town.

Rotherham United slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against Luton Town in their Division 1 fixture.

Luciano and Rusnák were amongst the goalscorers.

A score line that really flattered us tonight. Well played Steve.

edinho joãozinho (muallan-forum) steered southend united to victory against gillingham.

Southend united outclassed gillingham and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling division 1 encounter.

Silva scored a goal and was later voted man of the match for his performance.

Gijzen and haberer were also amongst the goalscorers.

southend united have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating gillingham 1 - 5.

:D :d :D :d :D :d

Hannah steered Greenock Morton to victory against Glentoran.

Greenock Morton hammered Glentoran 8 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Silvinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Skarz and Dallas were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nicky Ajose with 5 goals and still did not get the man of the match.

Sometimes this game baffles me, more possession, more shots (and on target), more corners, same overall rating and similar formations. How does that end up being an 8-2 loss :( I don't mind losing, but the same line up concedes 8 the match after a clean sheet?

What are you supposed to do after that? Gonna have to park a Chelsea bus for the rest of the season!

We don't have to report our risers every time' date=' do we, Andy?[/quote']

No mate, but just in case could someone check the last day of each month for risers, because this is when the info gets refreshed..it should be fine..like i said just in case i forget ;)

A good win for Walsall' date=' keeping us in the first place.[/quote']

YAY GO WALSALL!! Oh hang on...:o

Sometimes this game baffles me' date=' more possession, more shots (and on target), more corners, same overall rating and similar formations. How does that end up being an 8-2 loss :( I don't mind losing, but the same line up concedes 8 the match after a clean sheet?

What are you supposed to do after that? Gonna have to park a Chelsea bus for the rest of the season![/quote']

That is unlucky mate, it happens to us all..i go through some real rotten times on this game..like now lol

Updated Manager avg points.

A urgent message has just appeared on my desk..at 10 downing street.

Cup Review - First Round

The first round of the cup is upon us and here is a quick review of the upcoming games.

Eight teams were unlucky enough not to receive a bye this round' date=' so there are four games to look at:

[center']294_front_small.pngGillingham vs Cambridge Utd279_front_small.png[/center]

Held at Priestfield, this is the first meeting of these two clubs.With both clubs not having the greatest of starts to the current campaign with Gillingham 10th in division 1 and Cambridge 8th in division 2, a win for either side will go a long way to kick starting the new season. Gillingham are the current league champions and as such are seen as favourites by most, although on current form anything can happen.

Players to watch:

Gillingham -

ERDOGAN, Yusuf (Rating: 83)

DWYER, Dom (Rating: 82)

ITO, Sho (Rating: 82)

Cambridge -

SILVA, Lucas (Rating: 80)

SILVA, Alex (Rating: 80)

COUTINHO, Douglas (Rating: 80)

Injuries and Suspensions -

Gillingham -

GEUVÂNIO, Silva, BRADARIĆ, Filip

Cambridge -

KISHNA, Ricardo

69_front_small.pngBristol Rovers vs Ayr Utd71_front_small.png

Bristol's Memorial Stadium plays host to this first round tie which may prove to be the closest of the bunch. Both teams have had a reasonable start to their respective league campaigns. The two previous meetings of these sides have culminated in a 5-4 win for Bristol and an enthralling 0-0 draw. Predictions are mixed for this game, the slight majority giving it to the home team, however, Ayr, the former winners of the league and cup double are not easily dismissed.

Players to watch:

Bristol -

PONCE, Ezequiel (Rating: 80)

TAREK, Amr (Rating: 79)

LÓPEZ, Unai (Rating: 78)

Ayr -

GALLAGHER, Sam (Rating: 80)

SCHMERBÖCK, Marc Andre (Rating: 78)

LOCIGNO, Sebastien (Rating: 78)

Injuries and Suspensions -

Ayr -

SCHMERBÖCK, Marc Andre

268_front_small.pngExeter City vs Southend Utd27_front_small.png

The hype surrounding this tie is growing as the two finalists from last season's playoff come face to face once more. Playing at home, Exeter will want to avenge the 2-1 defeat to Southend which left them languishing in the lower tier of the leagues. With Exeter having the slightly better start to the season so far, possibly with Southend struggling with the added pressure of division 1 this could be a close game. With previous games resulting in a win for each team and one draw, again this game is hard to call, will Exeter's hunger for revenge be the deciding factor, or will Southend wand to justify their result in the playoff final?

Players to watch:

Exeter -

GAGLIARDINI, Roberto (Rating: 80)

THELANDER, Rasmus (Rating: 79)

NYMAN, Christoffer (Rating: 78)

Southend -

DECKERS, Jordy (Rating: 78)

KEMPF, Marc-Oliver (Rating: 78)

SILVA, André (Rating: 78)

Injuries and Suspensions:

Exeter -

DAL HENDE, Marc, THIAGO, Borges

Southend -

MCQUEEN, Sam, HABERER, Janik

294_front_small.pngCwmbran Town vs Glentoran 5_front_small.png

The first meeting of these two sides comes at the Cwmbran Stadium and both sides find themselves having a shaky start to the season. With Cwmbran Town licking their wounds after relegation last season and Glentoran coming off an 8-2 defeat, this game could prove to be more important to build confidence for the coming season. With Glentoran having arguably the better side, fans are predicting a win, but the home town team will not go down without a fight.

Players to watch:

Cwmbran -

GRIGG, Will (Rating: 79)

PETRACHI, Davide (Rating: 79)

ADDISON, Miles (Rating: 79)

Glentoran -

MORIYA, Kentaro (Rating: 82)

DRAŽIĆ, Dejan (Rating: 80)

KIM, Seung-Dae (Rating: 80)

Injuries and Suspensions:

Cwmbran -

SUÁREZ, Dani

Thus that concludes the summary of the first round of the cup. The ministry of Culture, Chance and Transport will be back with a round up for the next stage.

Thank you for your time,

Shockpads, Minister for Culture, Chance and Transport.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAuUIyRh_w0eOGm1fM_aAneyjdLs2ZexMee0SIqFAkXOLFzjhZ8w

Exeter City beat Southend United 6 - 2 in a thrilling ARMAGEDDON..The Rise From The Ashes..

Cup Round 1 encounter.

Nyman was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Hvilsom and Busuladzic were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nyman couldnt done better

So I was looking into my abysmal form this season and well, I want to share sth with u guys: stats.

CS Final v Brentford (they won 1-0)

Same formation, my team's avg rating is higher

They dominate possession

Shots (28 for me, 20 for them)

On target (15 for me, 12 for Brentford)

No big scandal here, although irl possession is pretty useless if u dunno what to do with it. It's not a very important indicator imo.

1st league turn v Ayr (4-2 for them)

Same formation, my team's avg rating is higher

They dominate pssession

Shots (26-15, more for me)

On target (12-6, more for me)

Hm...

2nd league turn v Shelboourne (2-0 for them)

They dominate possession

Shots (13-14, more for me)

On target (11-5, more for them)

No scandal here. Although it's funny that my team is having problems finishing, when I have 2 82 rated fwds in my team. Now I actually have 3, who played against Southend.

3rd league turn v Southend

Similar formations

They dominate possession

12-13 on shots, more for them

4-5 on target, more for them

Now, they won 5-1, 5 shots on target, 5 goals!

My GK is 78 rated, so not abysmal. I also have 2 80 rated CBs...

From the midfield onwards, I used Takeuchi (81), Bradaric (82), Erdogan (83), Dwyer (82), Ito (82) and Benítez (82).

How come these players are having trouble finishing? :confused:

In all these matches + the next 1 I'm gonna talk about, my instructions and formations weren't defensive...

Cup match b Cambrige (2-1 for them)

More possession for them, but not a lot more

Shots (13-6, more for me)

On target (5-2, more for me)

Again, the only shots on target go in. :o

In all these matches, I always had higher team avg rating. SM are starting to get on my nerves. They spend useless time on a single player game, that almost noone is interested in. And they can't even get a decent match engine. :mad:

Rant over!

EDIT: player fitness wasn't an issue btw, as I always try to be very careful with that.

Maybe your problem is in possession? If you don't have possession you might not be able to get quality chances. It might be your players ate trying as soon as they get a sight at goal because they get less of it, but the opposition can work into a better position to create better chances.

Not gonna take you long to turn it around! Experiment a little