Game Updates & App Improvements

Steven

We've made two improvements to the game.

The first one is in relation to club slots. Those managers who registered after 14 January 2010 have been given an additional club slot. This means that every manager on SM can now manage up to three clubs for free. So you should now be able to join even more Game Worlds with your friends and family!

The second improvement is to both the Manager and Scout Reports. When you do a Manager Report you'll also be advised about any potential increase in rating. It also means that when you do a Scout Report you'll also be advised about any possible increase in rating and also the player's potential rating.

Several changes and improvements have been made to both the native and web app, as you can now:

• Visit Upgrades on the web app.
  • View your Profile
  • Visit my Profile, Private Messages, Game Updates and Account Settings from within Profile.
  • Click on a managers name to view their Profile.
  • Send a Private Message to another manager or friend via their Profile.
  • Send a Friend Request.
  • Accept / Reject Friend Requests.
  • Remove an existing friend.
  • Search for a friend.
  • Change your details, email and password within Account Settings.

Please note that we're continuing to work on both the web and native app so that it contains all of the features as the desktop site.

Re: Game Updates & App Improvements

So. .... How have gold managers benefited from the latest game update? The scout feature has changed, and looks better, but it's not worth the extra 38sm credits per report...50 credit's a pop....soccer manager, your taking the Michael out of us all :mad:

I had a manager report for one of my (78 rated) players which said this...

"Is at or around his peak and unliklely to increase in rating. Very strongly recommends you keep this player - highly tipped as a future star"

:D

I'll flag this up.

So. .... How have gold managers benefited from the latest game update? The scout feature has changed' date=' and looks better, but it's not worth the extra 38sm credits per report...50 credit's a pop....soccer manager, your taking the Michael out of us all :mad:[/quote']

The cost of a Manager / Scout Report is approximately £0.03/$0.05 and it is entirely up to you if you want to spend 50 SM Credits to use this feature.

The cost of a Manager / Scout Report is approximately £0.03/$0.05 and it is entirely up to you if you want to spend 50 SM Credits to use this feature.

Your missing the point, it's not about the physical cost, it's gone up from 12 credits to 50...... That's quite a hefty hike don't you think? All it's going to do is force people to spend more money, I just wish my salary had that percentage added on overnight. .. greedy sm

I tried this new feature on one of my low rated players that I was hoping would have risen by now and I could then sell on.

EXAMPLE: Naoyuki Fujita.

The scouting report says sell, little chance of a rise, already at his peak.

Naoyuki_Fujita.png

The Soccer Wiki shows players of 84, +6 above his rating in that team, so his potential increase is up to 6 if he plays lots of minutes for his real life club.

Naoyuki_Fujita_wiki.png

Soccerway, the stats website shows that he has started for his club and played almost every game for 2012 and 2013. Therefore, I would recommend his rating increase of +5.

Naoyuki_Fujita_soccerway.png

So someone please tell me how I can sack my assistant manager / scout as he's a pointless waste of 50 credits?

Firstly, my very first account started way earlier than 2010 and had a 3rd club slot long before this update. Not sure when did SM give me the 3rd club slot but SM could at least give me a "4th" slot?

ZuA1iiS.jpg

Secondly, it seems like most players are having a Not Match Fit in their profile. Not at the squad, but when you click onto their profile. 93% fitness and NMF hmmm... ...

Firstly' date=' my very first account started way earlier than 2010 and had a 3rd club slot long before this update. Not sure when did SM give me the 3rd club slot but SM could at least give me a "4th" slot?[/quote']

If you registered before 14 January 2010 then you'd have had 3 clubs slots. This change now means that all those who registered after now have 3 club slots. So everyone is now on an equal footing. With regards to wanting another slot, please visit this thread as all input is welcome.

Secondly' date=' it seems like most players are having a Not Match Fit in their profile. Not at the squad, but when you click onto their profile. 93% fitness and NMF hmmm... ...[/quote']

Any bugs need to be reported in-game. On the desktop site you can do this via Help > Report Bug or vis this link.

I tried this new feature on one of my low rated players that I was hoping would have risen by now and I could then sell on.

EXAMPLE: Naoyuki Fujita.

The scouting report says sell' date=' little chance of a rise, already at his peak.

The Soccer Wiki shows players of 84, +6 above his rating in that team, so his potential increase is up to 6 if he plays lots of minutes for his real life club.

Soccerway, the stats website shows that he has started for his club and played almost every game for 2012 and 2013. Therefore, I would recommend his rating increase of +5.[/quote']

You can propose a rating increase for any player on the Soccer Wiki database yourself. Also it's worth remembering that the Scout Report is only a prediction.

• 3 weeks later...

So on the 28th of February my assistant manager says sell this player, he is at his peak already and this report will last until the 7th of March.

Then on the 7th of March, the player gets a +5 rating increase.

I think this new feature needs refining.

Fujita.png

As a programmer, I would be interested in what kind of software algorithm was used to determine my assistant managers scouting report that I have bought.

I would have first based it on potential, and that is easy as the SoccerWiki has limits for player risers based on the team they play for and the league that team plays in. For the case of Naoyuki Fujita, as I said, the highest player in that team is 85, however, on loan, so perhaps the database is recording this team as 84 maximum?

Sagan Tosu are a J1L mid table team so 84 sounds about right as a maximum. So, this is where I would have my software scout algorithm look first. Of course, that's not worth the credits alone as I can check that myself in the SoccerWiki.

So next we need some other sort of database that has the data that players ratings are based on. This could be the database of rating votes that the player has received on the SoccerWiki? However, I can imagine that there were not many people voting on Naoyuki Fujita at this time (or at least not until I pointed him out as a riser to other forum members) so this method could only work for popular players. Do a scout on Neymar and I think the scout would probably say a player of great potential, so keep him.

Also, I'm unaware of how many members of the SoccerWiki community vote in negative rating changes. I imagine lots of people just vote +5 to all the players they have on their books. So this would be a difficult database to get right.

Perhaps the Scout algorithm uses players ages? On average, young players rise and old players fall. However, I think this would be too generalised to offer as an application that would work in exchange for credits. (I imagine that Soccermanger want it to work so people use it more and therefore spend more credits).

In order to get the prediction right, Soccermanager would have to have a database of real life minutes or buy one in from Soccerway or somewhere. I'm surer this would be expensive?

Please understand that I am only trying to help. I love this game, I love playing it, I like buying and selling, I like hunting new talents and watching them develop, and most of all, I like thinking of ways to improve the game so others can enjoy it more.

As a programmer' date=' I would be interested in what kind of software algorithm was used to determine my assistant managers scouting report that I have bought.

I would have first based it on potential, and that is easy as the SoccerWiki has limits for player risers based on the team they play for and the league that team plays in. For the case of Naoyuki Fujita, as I said, the highest player in that team is 85, however, on loan, so perhaps the database is recording this team as 84 maximum?

Sagan Tosu are a J1L mid table team so 84 sounds about right as a maximum. So, this is where I would have my software scout algorithm look first. Of course, that's not worth the credits alone as I can check that myself in the SoccerWiki.

So next we need some other sort of database that has the data that players ratings are based on. This could be the database of rating votes that the player has received on the SoccerWiki? However, I can imagine that there were not many people voting on Naoyuki Fujita at this time (or at least not until I pointed him out as a riser to other forum members) so this method could only work for popular players. Do a scout on Neymar and I think the scout would probably say a player of great potential, so keep him.

Also, I'm unaware of how many members of the SoccerWiki community vote in negative rating changes. I imagine lots of people just vote +5 to all the players they have on their books. So this would be a difficult database to get right.

Perhaps the Scout algorithm uses players ages? On average, young players rise and old players fall. However, I think this would be too generalised to offer as an application that would work in exchange for credits. (I imagine that Soccermanger want it to work so people use it more and therefore spend more credits).

In order to get the prediction right, Soccermanager would have to have a database of real life minutes or buy one in from Soccerway or somewhere. I'm surer this would be expensive?

Please understand that I am only trying to help. I love this game, I love playing it, I like buying and selling, I like hunting new talents and watching them develop, and most of all, I like thinking of ways to improve the game so others can enjoy it more.[/quote']

Good post but again its the lack of communication which is astounding. This is a feature which players are paying for, where is the explanation of it, how it calculates, how accurate is it? We shouldnt have to be guessing. Many people could have used this and sold off a lot of players to find, as per your example, that it is no where near accurate.

If they do have a great program that has real life stats etc and can make accurate predictions, why not use it to constantly update the database instead of us waiting for the slow trickle of player rating changes we are getting at the moment? Obviously it must be a very simple program and therefore should be explained in more detail as such before inexperienced managers make a mess of their squads.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems pretty clear that SM has a bunch of visionaries working for the company without anyone good at logistics or customer service. The ideas are great! The execution and response to player concerns...well, not so much. As a long-time player, this is why I am not renewing my gold membership. As a long-time player, it is also something I have learned to accept.

SM isn't going to change. It's going to continue to have great ideas implemented poorly and then poorly communicated and supported. So, you have to enjoy the game for what it is...a shell of what it could be. Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself crazy with frustration.

Just look at the Kickstarter project. Great idea. Already pulled off Kickstarter though. It'll be back up, but they'll make the same mistakes again. I'd bet on that for sure. Just another example in a long line in the, "Great Idea, No Planning" history of SM.

It seems pretty clear that SM has a bunch of visionaries working for the company without anyone good at logistics or customer service. The ideas are great! The execution and response to player concerns...well' date=' not so much. As a long-time player, this is why I am not renewing my gold membership. As a long-time player, it is also something I have learned to accept.

SM isn't going to change. It's going to continue to have great ideas implemented poorly and then poorly communicated and supported. So, you have to enjoy the game for what it is...a shell of what it could be. Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself crazy with frustration.[/quote']

I disagree with this entirely. We've recently asked our community "What 3 improvements / new features would you like to see the most?" and done a summary of all of our communities feedback. Following on from this we've announced upcoming Future Improvements that we'll be working on. We're also going to be working with our community on these improvements. We're also working on a new project, Single Player, that'll be in Alpha very soon. We've got a test team who'll provide early feedback of our pre-alpha demo and they'll have access early next week. We'll also be working closely with our community during Alpha and Beta.

Just look at the Kickstarter project. Great idea. Already pulled off Kickstarter though. It'll be back up' date=' but they'll make the same mistakes again. I'd bet on that for sure. Just another example in a long line in the, "Great Idea, No Planning" history of SM.[/quote']

Again I disagree with you. We've listened to our community re our Kickstarter Project and we're going to make changes based on the feedback we received. It'll be launched again in the coming days.

I disagree with this entirely. We've recently asked our community "What 3 improvements / new features would you like to see the most?" and done a summary of all of our communities feedback. Following on from this we've announced upcoming Future Improvements that we'll be working on. We're also going to be working with our community on these improvements. We're also working on a new project' date=' Single Player, that'll be in Alpha very soon. We've got a test team who'll provide early feedback of our pre-alpha demo and they'll have access early next week. We'll also be working closely with our community during Alpha and Beta.

Again I disagree with you. We've listened to our community re our Kickstarter Project and we're going to make changes based on the feedback we received. It'll be launched again in the coming days.

Steven,

I do appreciate your response. My point is not that the question is never asked, but rather it is rarely followed through on and when it is, the feedback provided is ignored due to the change already being implemented. A perfect example was when SM started offering the opportunity for people to reserve GC clubs, which then lead to the creation of a new Gold Championship every 2-3 days. This has in fact ruined many GCs as people left in droves from older GCs because they could get better clubs in the new GCs being formed. Look at the percentage of clubs owned in individual GCs. I left GC 19 when it went from having near 100 owners to now having 45. Or GC 100 which is down to 59 owners. And it goes on illustrating that I am far from the only person who has done this. And despite negative feedback being shared on the forum consistently, nothing changed and SM has now formed over 200 GCs in the past 18 months or so after forming 160 in 5 years or so. And even the new GCs are not well populated...GC 410, just a month or so old has less than 100 owners. GC 417, just 2 new GCs back has only 139 owners and GC 333 has only 45 owners.

Another example is the match engine. So many of us have been complaining about this for years now. Yes, years. Yet, we are now being told that it is finally to be improved. I hope it will as to this point, most of us can't help but feel ignored about this issue.

And Kickstarter does illustrate my point once again. I appreciate greatly that you are listening to the community feedback about the project and making changes to improve the project. My question would be: Why wasn't this feedback collected prior to putting the project on Kickstarter to begin with? That is the perfect microcosm of the problems SM has. Great idea, not enough prep work, poor roll-out, now it has to be fixed.

Steven, again, I have been a very active SM player for over 5 years now. I'd love to see you proven correct in your comments as it would mean the game and SM service has been greatly improved. However, Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." So, please excuse me as given my experience with SM, I remain skeptical at best.

Steven' date='

I do appreciate your response. My point is not that the question is never asked, but rather it is rarely followed through on and when it is, the feedback provided is ignored due to the change already being implemented. A perfect example was when SM started offering the opportunity for people to reserve GC clubs, which then lead to the creation of a new Gold Championship every 2-3 days. This has in fact ruined many GCs as people left in droves from older GCs because they could get better clubs in the new GCs being formed. Look at the percentage of clubs owned in individual GCs. I left GC 19 when it went from having near 100 owners to now having 45. Or GC 100 which is down to 59 owners. And it goes on illustrating that I am far from the only person who has done this. And despite negative feedback being shared on the forum consistently, nothing changed and SM has now formed over 200 GCs in the past 18 months or so after forming 160 in 5 years or so. And even the new GCs are not well populated...GC 410, just a month or so old has less than 100 owners. GC 417, just 2 new GCs back has only 139 owners and GC 333 has only 45 owners.

Another example is the match engine. So many of us have been complaining about this for years now. Yes, years. Yet, we are now being told that it is finally to be improved. I hope it will as to this point, most of us can't help but feel ignored about this issue.

And Kickstarter does illustrate my point once again. I appreciate greatly that you are listening to the community feedback about the project and making changes to improve the project. My question would be: Why wasn't this feedback collected prior to putting the project on Kickstarter to begin with? That is the perfect microcosm of the problems SM has. Great idea, not enough prep work, poor roll-out, now it has to be fixed.

Steven, again, I have been a very active SM player for over 5 years now. I'd love to see you proven correct in your comments as it would mean the game and SM service has been greatly improved. However, Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." So, please excuse me as given my experience with SM, I remain skeptical at best.[/quote']

Many thanks for your feedback. Why don't you drop me a PM re joining the initial test team? That why you can provide early feedback.

Many thanks for your feedback. Why don't you drop me a PM re joining the initial test team? That why you can provide early feedback.

Steven,

Please let me share publicly that once again I very much appreciate your response. It is very nice to know that there is someone at SM that does truly care about the players (customers) feedback. For my experience, this would be a very positive change at SM and I am hopeful it is indicative of how it will be going forward.

I will be in touch.

Thank you,

Tryn2Rtr

• 1 year later...

I would like to ask what changes have been made to the SMFA and cheat/report functions to combat the issues that were so wide spread?

There wasn't a lot of information on what has been updated in regards to this with the relaunch.

Also is there any scope for a Soccerwiki revamp or going back to how the ratings/player positions were once handled?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...