Xavi for 50 mil, should I buy?

psychospin

So one of my strongest opponents just offered me Xavi (96) for 50 mil.

Currently I have 149 mil but losing 3.3 mil per week as I'm in a very small team with little revenue. But money wouldn't be much of a problem anyway.

However, my midfield has Iniesta 97, Schweinsteiger 95, Busquets 95, Oscar 92 and Thiago 91

I don't necessarily need Xavi, especially since he won't keep the 96 for much longer imho. But on the other hand, signing him would be a shot in the foot for his current team as their midfield would be reduced to Xabi Alonso 95 and Fabregas 95 as the only top players.

I'm inclined to accept. But what do you guys think?

Re: Xavi for 50 mil, should I buy?

In my opinion short term it would be a great deal in purchasing Xavi however within the long term it's not so good. Sooner or later his likely to decrease; his reached his peak and won't be rising anytime soon especially with his age, so if you got a decent team then there's no use buying him when you don't make much profit anyways as his worth is going to keep decreasing. On the other hand if you need a small boost for your team and your careless about money then purchase him as his not likely to retire anytime soon and has a small chance of rising again if he performs good during the world cup.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Xavi for 50 mil, should I buy?

No, you shouldn't- it's massively overpaying.

It's way too much money for a player which is declining and past his 30s, and your midfield is good- you don't need Xavi. And while you might weaken your opponent midfield, keep in mind you will boost with a great sum of money your opponent club budget and if money is important in your GW he might be able to use it to sign some top players and talented youngster, thus improving his squad overall.