|English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

Brilliant stuff ED :)
thanks for that m8' date=' ive got to say after reading all the manager of the months what a high quality the write ups are. nice to see yourself and others putting massive time and effort into these kinda things. well done! i will try getting on more and vote next month. cheers.[/quote']

Thanks for the acknowledgement lads but the GW is all about the community and what the collective WE put in, so I am particualrly delighted that so many got behind the MoM's this month - 19 managers voted which is a peak so far.

That said Division 3 is still to be sorted - if I dont get a clear winner - as said early - I will set up a vote off. To that end then, the deadline for nominations to me in game PM or by forum PM for the 3rd Division MoM is tomorrow at 10am.

No need to nominate again if you have already and anyone newly nominating remember not to nominate yourself!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread Managers by Rep for Entire GW …………………………......Division…………….Overall ………….………...1…….2……3……4……5…….Totals Level 10……….9….10….10….11…13………53 Lev

Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread EC30K, Did You Know….. Barnet have played 8 and won 8 – the only 100% record in the GW! Only two other teams - Newcastle and QPR - remain

Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread TEAM OF THE WEEK ROUND 2 Team of The Week : Portsmouth TEAM OF THE WEEK ROUND 3 Team of The Week : Oxford

Great day for Oldham, many bids accepted and lots happening. The next 12 hours could really put this side on the map.

Definately arriving are:-

The offer for Darron GIBSON of Santos from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

Rumours of a potential +1 are one thing but I'm getting a player worth £10.3m to me for £4.4m as is.

The offer for Alexander BÜTTNER of Galatasaray SK from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

A punt certanly but with a new dutch coach arriving at old trafford, the ageing Evra in front of him and no news on Luke Shaw, the youngster may get his shot. Either way, the £3.4m purchase is negated by his value of £9.1m to me.

The offer for Free Agent G.uido BURGSTALLER from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

Young and at Cardiff but bottom line hes's costing just £2.8m and is worth £7.6m. No brainer. (why have SM got an issue with his first name???

The offer for Nick VIERGEVER of Ajax from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

Simples - worth 11m and I get him for £5.3m. Will play every minute.

The offer for Free Agent Mauro ZÁRATE from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

Not a fan of this guy but an 88 up front or in midfield for division 3 and still only 27 is what I need with Ciano out injured long term. Add to that he's only £5.4m as a free agent - his value to me? A cool £11.1m.

The offer for Free Agent Onyekachi APAM from Oldham Athletic has been accepted.

Needed a RB, this lad will cost £2.2m and be a first teamer until TB is up. He's worth almost £6m to me.

Now onto the figures crossed lads:-

The offer for Danny ROSE of AC Milan from Oldham Athletic has been accepted along with other club offers. AC Milan will now decide which offer to proceed with.

Tricky and tight this one. Heres how I think it looks:-

1. Blackpool - £7.0M

2. Oldham Athletic - £758k + Jorrit HENDRIX = approximately £6.98m

3. Bolton Wanderers - £6.6M

Looks like Blackpools man, but you never know with the new transfer engine, maybe a PX and cash will swing it?

I hope so, the lads worth £12.6m to me if he comes!

The offer for Victor WANYAMA of SL Benfica from Oldham Athletic has been accepted along with other club offers. SL Benfica will now decide which offer to proceed with.

Equally tight, not sure but I think this is how it stands:-

Oldham Athletic - £2.1M + Pablo INSÚA = approximately £9.3m

Bolton Wanderers - £6.2M + Gilberto SILVA = £8.101m

Brentford - £5.2M + Sandro RAMÍREZ = approximately £7.6m

Crewe Alexandra - £7.0M

Looks like mine but cant be sure at this stage. If I get him he's got a value of £13m to me.

So big stuff afoot, if I get them all it will add close to £81m to my squad value (although it wont of course cos each of the players drives individual values down thanks to improved ratings but go with me) so allowing for the two lads leaving - the squad value could hit £100m+.

Amazing and exciting.

I need to get out more.

Excellent job Ed, and really well written. Thanks to the guys who voted for me, I completely forgot to vote as I was hardly online last few days.

Northampton had to wait a while for externals to bid, but finally sold two of our early risers in Gbamin and Boufal for a combined £8.6million.

Trying to bring in the right players at the right price to continue a push for promotion, so far these are the players coming in.

The offer for Correia BEBÉ of Galatasaray SK from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

84 rated Bebe is well known to most of us. Can play anywhere up front or wide which is very handy. Very cheap aswell at £2.2mill, can treble my profit if I sell him later.

The offer for Yannick DJALÓ of SL Benfica from Northampton Town has been accepted along with other club offers. SL Benfica will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Won the race for Djalo by £100k, costing me £2million. Dont usually go for the older players but like Bebe can play anywhere upfront and wide which is so handy. Should double my money.

The offer for Tom STARKE of Bayern München from Northampton Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Was unsure whether to do this due to the wages, but having an 87 keeper should help us at the back. Only cost £600k + 78 rated keeper, worth a huge £8mill to us!

The offer for Dedryck BOYATA of Real Madrid from Northampton Town has been accepted along with other club offers. Real Madrid will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Three clubs bidded the same amount, so dunno who gets him. Would love to sign him to replace Gbamin.

Should have another £13mill once I sell Keirrison, Wurtz and Castiglia. Then build the rest of the squad. But really happy so far :D

Hi everyone,

I have taken the Chester job that i saw had become available earlier, i apologize if there was a waiting list but after checking through a few forum GWs for a few days i had just noticed the club free here so took control.

I love lower division challenges so i have a good track record for sticking around. Unfortunately not long ago it did look like i left a few forum GWs but that had nothing to do with me and involved a drunk friend with a knowledge of SM and my password which is always a bad combo. :D

This Chester job is going to be a real challenge, the squad sucks to be quite honest and nearly 1 million in debt so going to take a few months until it is up to a standard of competing for anything of note but its something i relish and in the past my favourite teams have involved Burton Albion in 7777 and Cambridge United in 26335 so it is something i am looking forward to getting my hands in to and finding some cheap unknown bargains again :)

Hi everyone' date='

I have taken the Chester job that i saw had become available earlier, i apologize if there was a waiting list but after checking through a few forum GWs for a few days i had just noticed the club free here so took control.

I love lower division challenges so i have a good track record for sticking around. Unfortunately not long ago it did look like i left a few forum GWs but that had nothing to do with me and involved a drunk friend with a knowledge of SM and my password which is always a bad combo. :D

This Chester job is going to be a real challenge, the squad sucks to be quite honest and nearly 1 million in debt so going to take a few months until it is up to a standard of competing for anything of note but its something i relish and in the past my favourite teams have involved Burton Albion in 7777 and Cambridge United in 26335 so it is something i am looking forward to getting my hands in to and finding some cheap unknown bargains again :)[/font']

Welcome and good luck !

Decided to quit Morecambe. I've lost a lot of interest in this game lately (mainly because of my new found love for football manager) and to stay active in the teams I enjoy most I need to leave some clubs. Also it's probably for the best as I've been a pretty bad manager and have got us into 2nd last with some absolute shocking defeats to my name. It really is best for this club if someone else who is much more interested and devoted to this team comes in with the most possible time to save them from something embarrassing. Good luck to everyone.

The Blackpool rejuvenation

I did not do the best of jobs on the first round of transfers. The original squad wasn't great as there were a heavy amount of loans (I had to keep 4 of them for my first team!), but I did overspend on a few meaning I had no depth for the 3 games a week spell and had to play 70's in quite a few league matches.

But now I'm on my way to sorting it out.

In come Capoue, Kalas, Rose, Carroll, Van Ginkel, Oliveira, Atsu, Ince and Fryers.

3 of the 4 remaining loans have been sent back to their parent clubs. Only Goodwille remains as he has been a firecraker with 11 goals this season so far. He also remains an important member of the squad, so I will need to replace him when he eventually goes back.

I have bundle of cash for a GK and may sign 1 other squad player in a few days. But here it is:

Unknown ??

Montoya 88 Capoue 90 Kalas 86 Rose 88

Casemiro 87 Carroll 84 Van Ginkel 88

Ince 85 Oliveira 87 Atsu 87

Subs

Fryers 83

Caio 83

Tah 82

Hojberg 82

Werner 83

Goodwille 83 (Loan)

Lots of EPL rejects. :)

Hi everyone' date='

This Chester job is going to be a real challenge, the squad sucks to be quite honest and nearly 1 million in debt so going to take a few months until it is up to a standard of competing for anything of note but its something i relish and in the past my favourite teams have involved Burton Albion in 7777 and Cambridge United in 26335 so it is something i am looking forward to getting my hands in to and finding some cheap unknown bargains again :)[/font']

Password is IMColl01 nad your bank pin code is 1066.

I see everything. Welcome in man and good luck.

Decided to quit Morecambe. I've lost a lot of interest in this game lately (mainly because of my new found love for football manager) and to stay active in the teams I enjoy most I need to leave some clubs. Also it's probably for the best as I've been a pretty bad manager and have got us into 2nd last with some absolute shocking defeats to my name. It really is best for this club if someone else who is much more interested and devoted to this team comes in with the most possible time to save them from something embarrassing. Good luck to everyone.

Boo hiss!!! Fortunatley Gillingham is one of those jobs that people clamour for. :rolleyes:

No worries man, hopefully see you back here once the far too easy Football Manager has had its wicked way with you!

Oh, and Gonzo. I didnt want Rose anyway. :P

Gutted :(

Riferimento: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

ANDRES INIESTA SIGNS FOR CHELSEA

Andres-Iniesta-001.jpg

This will be my new Chelsea:

Courtois

D.Luiz, Godin, Benatia, Cahill, Zouma

Javi Martinez, L.Gustavo, Marchisio, Ramires, Pogba, De Marcos

Cristiano Ronaldo, Hazard, Iniesta, Salah

Messi, D.Costa, Balotelli, Lukaku

Re: Riferimento: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

Andres-Iniesta-001.jpg

Courtois

D.Luiz' date=' Godin, Benatia, Cahill, Zouma

Messi, D.Costa, Balotelli, Lukaku[/size']

Not bad I guess...

But do you have Bebe?? THOUGHT NOT! :P

So far, get 3 signings. Pantilimon, Kakuta and Falque join the squad with the Money of the sales from Oier and Guberti! Nice nice additions to the squad but still need to find a proper goalscorer..

Falque was bought for 3millions and is now worth 5,6, Pantilimon cost almost the same and is now valued at 5,7. Kakuta was the less expensive (2,5M) and is now worth almost 6millions..

Anyone had problems with the chairman value? he values the player at a X price and when you sign that player he is worth far less..

Re: Riferimento: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

Andres-Iniesta-001.jpg

Courtois

D.Luiz' date=' Godin, Benatia, Cahill, Zouma

Messi, D.Costa, Balotelli, Lukaku[/size']

Man..5-6-4-4?...you should win everything with that many players on the pitch :eek:

Stuart Pearce steered Sunderland to victory against Norwich City.

Sunderland beat Norwich City 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

álvarez scored the winner for Sunderland and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

first win in 8, hopefully this will be a turning a point and not just a blip

did however pick up yet another injury vlad chirches out for three days

Hemant Dixit steered Swansea City to victory against Everton.

Swansea City beat Everton 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Modrić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

El Shaarawy was also on the scoresheet for his side

The first game where we could field a fully fit side and we comfortably won 2-0. Modric opened the scoring with a beautiful freekick in the first half and ElShaarawy scoring in the second half meant the first three points after a long time for Swansea.

Although a 6 week injury for Rodriguez has dealt a big blow to our already weak defence.

Frank LAMPARD has completed his move to Southampton from Juventus for £1,350,000 plus Jeroen HOUWEN and Michael OLAITAN

Frank Lampard follows Ben Davies through the door at Southampton, very cheap signing.

He will captain the side against former club Chelsea next game.

286px-Torquay_United_FC.svg.png

New Manager Brings New Hope To United Fans!

With manager Michael Chen being sacked last month, Torquay United have been busy trying to find a new coach, and the League Two struggles have signed young English manager Mattuie Beckett on a rolling contract. The League Two side who sit stone bottem after 24 games are in a right fight to stay away from going into big dept, and the coach has been told he has no funds at the ready, but he can do all he can to help the club. Beckett who has came out saying this:

This is a club who have been around since the late 1800'd and they have a lot to offer for a young coach like myself, I am trying to find my feet again in managment, and this was the right job for me. The chairman has given me the backing needed, and yes im on a rolling contract but I cant see why I wont be here longer then the season. Torquay have a great fan bace and I can not wait to make them happy, all I can say right now is im going to do everything in my power to keep this team up, and try work around the dept at the club, and move them back up the league table were they belong.

Fans of the club, are saying right now they need a coach who will be here not only long term, but one that will be there in the fick of things come the end of the season, they have had a bad time under Chen but now its Becketts time can he do any better come the end of the season only time will tell.

Manager of The Month Awards

Month Three - May 2014

Division Two

Winner :- Leeds Manager Hannah Barker

Total Votes :- 13

League Form for May:

DRAW Thu 1 May [H] 0 - 0 Huddersfield Town

WIN Sun 4 May [A] 3 - 0 AFC Bournemouth

WIN Thu 8 May [H] 3 - 0 Yeovil Town

LOSS Sun 11 May [A] 2 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday

WIN Thu 15 May [H] 3 - 1 Ipswich Town

WIN Sun 18 May [H] 4 - 1 Watford

WIN Thu 22 May [A] 2 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

WIN Sun 25 May [H] 3 - 2 Blackpool

DRAW Thu 29 May [A] 2 - 2 Middlesbrough

Literally a stunning month for Leeds under Hannah’s guardianship. Not only did she pick up 6 wins from 9 games' date=' she also managed only a single loss therefore collecting 20 points from an available 27 – that is potential championship form. And she has done it in style – scoring 22 goals and only conceding 11 (unusually conceding 4 in one game against Sheff Wednesday)

It would be easy to look at Hannahs results in May and simply say well it’s the Mandzukic factor – the lad has scored 9 goals in 9 games. The reality is though that this has a been an all round performance and his strike partner Doumbia has been arguably as influential in his all round game, with assists, key involvement and 5 goals of his own.

Initial Leeds stuck to a pretty rigid 4-4-2, albeit with a little tweak wide that liked to see attacking football played through the middle, but more recently formation changes have seen the flat midfield adopt a more Liverpool-esque diamond, as well as sue of a third forward from time to time. There is no doubt that Hannah likes number behind the ball when possible and it could be assumed that she sets out to not lose first and foremost, however those 22 goals didn’t come form an out and out defensive set up did they?

Off the pitch, she squeezed some last minute acquisitions in – as soon as TB’s were up she was into the market, likely these were targets identified some time before hand:-

Thomas Vermaelen

Antonio Valencia

Markel Suseata

Manu Trigueros

All of whom have flexability and can play in more than one position.

Well done Hannah on your deserved award of the 2nd division’s Manager of the Month!

2nd Division Runner Up this Month:-

[u']QPR’s Aris Ballaswith 2 votes [/u]

Thanks for the votes people and a big thank you to Ed for he's hard work in running it(Still think we should have longer to vote)

We carried on our good form last night with a 0-0 draw at QPR.

Thanks for the votes people and a big thank you to Ed for he's hard work in running it(Still think we should have longer to vote)

We carried on our good form last night with a 0-0 draw at QPR.

Idseally I woudl let it go longer but had a very busy back end to the week so had to get it done early or late - went for early!

Turned out I had 21 managers vote which is outstanding so the response was exceptional Hannah and you still managed to win! ;)

I'll try and leave a little longer next time if I can.

Whilst the transfer side is going well, the sales prior to purchase have scuppured things on the pitch -

from not having lost since turn 4 and sitting top, its now back to back defeats and slipped to second:-

Ed Moses was unable to prevent a Oldham Athletic defeat to Colchester United.

Oldham Athletic slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Colchester United in their Division 3 fixture.

Ed Moses was unable to prevent a Oldham Athletic defeat to MK Dons.

Oldham Athletic slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Milton Keynes Dons in their Division 3 fixture.

5 conceeded, none scored - need another couple lads before I can start to turn that around and reclaim the top spot.