|English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

RPR

Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

I am saying that your advantage is not only your merit but also due to the fact we had a long run in the cups.. I lost 2 games after cup games and Exeter also experienced problems after/before cup games. Injuries is part of the game like are loans.. but I believe if you didn't get that high rated loans you would need more depth' date=' with the limited cash you had, the ratings in your first XI would drop from the current ones and you w/could struggle to have that amount of points.

I am not taking the merit from you ( and not from your win over me) just pointing out that were also other factors that contributed to this difference and asking humility from your side despite deserving to be in the position you are.[/quote']

Trust me I don't think Ive done anything amazing or that I'm some super manager and in all likelyness will end up in second place to your team.

I did plan and prioritise though. I got good loans in from those kind enough to help me and am thanful for that as I was in the first season. Only two good loans for most of the season so far but have added another recently and without them you are right I would not be doing as well as I currently am.

I can't compete finacialy with both your clubs due to less players assets and lower match day income but I got the loans first then built the squad around them spending pretty well I feel even getting a 90. I ignored the cup as there was no way to get anywhere in it and concentrated on coming 3rd behind you both but still getting promoted. Ive just found it funny that I can get promoted winning the division last season and then look like I might do it again this season in a so called competative GW.

Thats nothing against you and the Exeter manager or even those who are trying in this GW as I think you are doing a good job and would actually like to see you guys come and have a crack at 87+ and 35+ one day to compete against you there as I doubt I will stay in this GW long term.

Hmmmmmmm,

Current clubs available:-

1. Forest Green Rovers
  2. Accrington Stanley
  3. Burton Albion
  4. Cheltenham Town
  5. Dagenham & Redbridge
  6. Gillingham
  7. Hereford United
  8. Lincoln City
  9. Morecambe
  10. Peterborough United
  11. Southport
  12. Torquay United
  13. Walsall

Soon to be available :-

Swansea City

Fulham

That will be a total of 15 unmanaged clubs within days.

Another 5 clubs have been unattended for over week (between 8 and 13 days)

So its time to ask the question - whatta gwan?

There was a lot of hype and attention at GW launch that now seems to be for nothing - can I ask what folk intend to do with their clubs? I looks very much like this here GW is just about keeping its head above water!

Riferimento: Re: |English Championship 30000|Discussions/MRs Thread

Hmmmmmmm' date='

1. Forest Green Rovers
  2. Accrington Stanley
  3. Burton Albion
  4. Cheltenham Town
  5. Dagenham & Redbridge
  6. Gillingham
  7. Hereford United
  8. Lincoln City
  9. Morecambe
  10. Peterborough United
  11. Southport
  12. Torquay United
  13. Walsall

Swansea City

Fulham

There was a lot of hype and attention at GW launch that now seems to be for nothing - can I ask what folk intend to do with their clubs? I looks very much like this here GW is just about keeping its head above water!

It's a pity, this GW seemed to become one of the best setup of the english forum. We just need to found serious managers that manage well and costantly their teams. Is some english world that happens, why not here? :(

Hmmmmmmm' date='

1. Forest Green Rovers
  2. Accrington Stanley
  3. Burton Albion
  4. Cheltenham Town
  5. Dagenham & Redbridge
  6. Gillingham
  7. Hereford United
  8. Lincoln City
  9. Morecambe
  10. Peterborough United
  11. Southport
  12. Torquay United
  13. Walsall

Swansea City

Fulham

That's what Ive been saying. Its a shame as there are some good managers in it but there are also a lot that arn't really bothering or don't bother at all. On top of that theres quite a few unmanaged clubs and its only on the increase. The warning signs were there early on when this thread got little attention compared to the number of clubs in it. Both have declined and it would be near impossible to stop this trend.

Too many people jumping on the bandwagon just because it was a new GW that was getting hype. Once joined most will not achieve success as only a few can and so will leave as they only want an easy ride and will look for the next flavour of the month.

This GW will likely end up half filled at best. I for one am not interested in playing against the AI as its no challenge. Shameless plugging (but I don't care) I'm in 87+ already which is very difficult and competative and also 35+ which has the potential to do the same but is still in its early days. What does this GW offer?

I will be leaving this GW in the near future. If anyone else is thinking of doing the same and have been active and competative in this GW and fancy's testing themselves in 87+ (scouting required) or 35+ (no scouting required) then message me :)

Non-League Luton Town Stun Arsenal to Secure League Cup Semi-Final Place

Adriano Borges steered Luton Town to victory against Arsenal.

Luton Town beat Arsenal 2 - 1 in their English Championship Shield Quarter Final fixture.

Matri had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Clut was on the scoresheet for his side.

What a performance against one of the biggest sides in this Game World. I was quite surprised to see 74 rated Clut bag both of the goals, he probably wouldn't have started had it not been for our injury problems!

The semi-final ahead is quite a tie, Chelsea and Liverpool have drawn each other, while we face fellow underdogs Shorpe United for a place in the Final.

The problem is hardly anyone wants to take over a div 4 or 5 club and work them up in a forum game world. If you dont start it from the beginning i cant see anyone wanting the club

Im staying with Notts and liking my team a lot , dont do tactics as often as i do otherwise id be top

That's what Ive been saying. Its a shame as there are some good managers in it but there are also a lot that arn't really bothering or don't bother at all. On top of that theres quite a few unmanaged clubs and its only on the increase. The warning signs were there early on when this thread got little attention compared to the number of clubs in it. Both have declined and it would be near impossible to stop this trend.

Too many people jumping on the bandwagon just because it was a new GW that was getting hype. Once joined most will not achieve success as only a few can and so will leave as they only want an easy ride and will look for the next flavour of the month.

This GW will likely end up half filled at best. I for one am not interested in playing against the AI as its no challenge. Shameless plugging (but I don't care) I'm in 87+ already which is very difficult and competative and also 35+ which has the potential to do the same but is still in its early days. What does this GW offer?

I will be leaving this GW in the near future. If anyone else is thinking of doing the same and have been active and competative in this GW and fancy's testing themselves in 87+ (scouting required) or 35+ (no scouting required) then message me :)

There is a reason that this has happened. People rushed in because it was new and hyped up. After a while it has grown old and uninteresting to some. What needs to happen is a new forum English Championship GW to be organized, but we need to have people be more active from the start, as a drop in activity for a couple of players has a domino effect shown in this example of a GW. And we need to find ways of keeping it attractive. Just my two cents.

There is a reason that this has happened. People rushed in because it was new and hyped up. After a while it has grown old and uninteresting to some. What needs to happen is a new forum English Championship GW to be organized' date=' but we need to have people be more active from the start, as a drop in activity for a couple of players has a domino effect shown in this example of a GW. And we need to find ways of keeping it attractive. Just my two cents.[/quote']

The answer to a failing EC is not another EC mate.

The answer is an invite only smaller EC or custom. these big 5 division EC's simply don't tend to work or when they do its accepted that they will be majority unmanaged and those that remain have free reign (if that's defined as success).

Here's what I would suggest:-

1. Do a post count on the thread to identify whose active.

2. PM those managers and ask them if they would be interested in managing the same club in a new active and 100% filled EC.

3. However many managers respond should be the amount of teams you have in your set up

4. Set up the GW and allocate those teams to those managers, the few remaining clubs left could be offered to other active managers you know off

5. You now have yourself a very successful and active new GW.

An open to the public big GW will simply replicate what has happened here, if you lucky!

just my tuppence worth. :D

The answer to a failing EC is not another EC mate.

The answer is an invite only smaller EC or custom. these big 5 division EC's simply don't tend to work or when they do its accepted that they will be majority unmanaged and those that remain have free reign (if that's defined as success).

Here's what I would suggest:-

1. Do a post count on the thread to identify whose active.

2. PM those managers and ask them if they would be interested in managing the same club in a new active and 100% filled EC.

3. However many managers respond should be the amount of teams you have in your set up

4. Set up the GW and allocate those teams to those managers' date=' the few remaining clubs left could be offered to other active managers you know off

5. You now have yourself a very successful and active new GW.

An open to the public big GW will simply replicate what has happened here, if you lucky!

just my tuppence worth. :D[/quote']

That improves the solution in my message. But that sort of ruins the English Championship setup as well. Maybe create a EC like custom GW, have those players above take clubs, and try to get more people in as well. Maybe 3 to 4 divisions, but at least you would be able to make sure no GW destroyers come in. It would only work if it got a bunch of managers to join. And otherwise, it isn't fun.

Just my two francs worth. :D

this whole conv is pathetic, im sorry to say it...

there is nothing wrong with the gw apart from a few free teams, which maybe we could fill up but even then its no big big deal.

Let get back to keeping the forum on topic and not other gw's!

Having played this game for more than a few years, you can't condemn this game world to an early demise yet.

Managers come and go. The bigger the league the more that come and go. Granted there is a point of no return or at least a mutation into a 1/2/3 league championship but you are no where near there yet.

A new forum EC atm is not the answer , it will dilute the pool of active managers and kill this EC and take others with it.

If there was a mistake it was starting this one so soon after 28697 and then the subsequent semi clones that came after.

I would suggest waiting for a good number 33333 would spring to mind or actually and probably better 40000.

The best option to fill up this league is to offer up clubs to friends and try and get managers from half full forum leagues to move across.

Don't give up to easily ,accept you are in it for the long haul and the game gets more interesting.

And as I seem to have been dragged into the cup vs league debate despite never commenting on it.

I never target the cup unless I reach the final, it has little or no effect on my team other than picking up a few injuries. Barnet's recent form has been stunningly good , he deserves to lead the league.

My aim is to get promoted by right and avoid the playoff's, which will be achieved, even though I have to rinse my team through again in a couple of weeks, which Barnet are now able to do themselves from a position of strength.

I can't see any other clubs than the top 3 going up , so it's a fight for the playoffs for the rest.

Great start at Hull

First game in charge against a strong side like Arsenal would have me worrying, but its a shame their manager is yet another one who just probably leaves himself marked as on holliday just so he does not get booted out of the gw, so his poor form and league position is well deserved.

Luis Veigas steered Hull City to victory against Arsenal.

Hull City beat Arsenal 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Laporte scored the winner for Hull City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fantastic start at Hull, and we are that little closer to jumping out of that last 3 that I hate being in. I'm confident in my abilities to save Hull and keep them up in the division.

------

Other bit of news, I'm chuffed to see my old side Shorpe win 4 - 0 ... promotion is deff on the cards for them boys.

------

Ryan Giggs ( Treble 1999) steered Manchester United to victory against Cardiff City.

Manchester United beat Cardiff City 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Müller scored both of the goals for Manchester United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Only 2 points behind leaders Chelsea now, its game on again !

a full or empty forum doesn't make or break a set up, logging in for every match and keeping the transfer market active is more important.

club hopping and buying from unmanaged, as notts co. have just done, are more harmful than a quiet forum.

Ryan Giggs ( Treble 1999) steered Manchester United to victory against Sunderland.

Manchester United outclassed Sunderland and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Fàbregas scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Müller was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Rather than giving views on making a new EC' date=' why shouldn't we all work to save this sinking ship and call upon some serious managers? We just need 15 of 'em. Call on some of your pals & mates and we'll all be enjoying it again.[/quote']

It's not going to happen. 3rd, 4th, and 5th division teams are only attractive at the start of the GW or when they have high value. You might get 2 or 3, but 15 is like asking for QPR to win the Premier League.

Joined Hull, played 3 games, won 2 and lost 1. Scored 2 and conceded 1.

Not too bad...after all Hull looked doomed but I think I can easily save them...

up to 14th....BOOM!!!

--------

Happy to see Shorpe still firing and heading for promotion! nice 1