Legendary_Manager

Ways to increase attendance.

In a game world i am spoilt with a 20,000 stadium but im barely getting a 1/3 in. I'm in the third division and i know really the attendances match the av in real life but shouldnt there be ways i can increase it. Otherwise im paying for maintenance of a stadium i don't need.

You should have the option to lower prices a tad to gain more sales or something on those lines.

Re: Ways to increase attendance.

In a game world i am spoilt with a 20' date='000 stadium but im barely getting a 1/3 in. I'm in the third division and i know really the attendances match the av in real life but shouldnt there be ways i can increase it. Otherwise im paying for maintenance of a stadium i don't need.

You should have the option to lower prices a tad to gain more sales or something on those lines.[/quote']

This is an area of the game that we're currently looking into as it was flagged up by numerous people here.

Yes, I think this is a very important issue.

I've had success with little clubs and we sometimes had trouble getting a small stadium half full.

The attendance increase, as well as stadium building, is one of the factors, that may help little clubs compete with bigger ones.

I've read, in a SM forum thread, that there have been developments in the stadium building department, so I'm curious to find out what the future will bring.

Yes, definitely need to improve the attendances, my team (Vancouver whitecap) just won SMFA Champions Cup, League Division 1 champion, and the champion shield last season and this season still staying on the top of the league, won the league shield and SMFA super cup, but my attendances just never increase, still staying around 12000/60000. I have lot of super stars in my team already including Messi, Coentrao, Kawaga, Varane...

I have negative money so long since the attendances never raise up, my club's attendance is standing at 12th in the league out of 18.

Something definitely need to be done with the attendance beside copying the reality one.

Should add a fans club or something similar with it, so if team play good fans club members will increase, and those are solid attendances for each games, also one more sources regen money.

Please carry on posting your suggestions as stadium capacities and attendances are on our agenda to improve going forward. We will read your feedback and take this into consideration when we make our improvements.

Sorry but any ability to mess with stadium attendances will be very detrimental to the game.

In my experience, you can get a Div 5 club to Div 1, perform well and eventually get gates of 25K. That is fair, prehaps raise the cap to 30K and that would be more than enough.

Maybe SM should add the population of the football club's city, and allow manager to help building up the city to raise the attendances. Or allow to invest on advertising.

;2899565']Sorry but any ability to mess with stadium attendances will be very detrimental to the game.

In my experience' date=' you can get a Div 5 club to Div 1, perform well and eventually get gates of 25K. That is fair, prehaps raise the cap to 30K and that would be more than enough.[/quote']

With attendance having such a large bearing on income, there should be a way for well managed, successful smaller clubs to increase their capacity, and therefore income, to enable them to stand on an even footing with the clubs that initially start off larger and therefore with a big income advantage.

Manchester City are an example, with their rise back to the Premiership in the early 2000's they moved from Maine Road (which, with a 35000+ capacity wasn't exactly small) and are now looking to expand their current stadium to 60000+

Why? Because more seats is more bums on seats, and more income.

Managers shouldn't just be able to pay up whenever and increase capacity - in fact, I don't think it should be something players have control of at all, as again it gives an advantage to clubs with a naturally higher income - but rather it should be something the chairman/board decide to do for the clubs after several years of consistent success, as a sign of the improved status of the club.

As an example, a club is managed well and taken from d3 to d1 over a couple of seasons, and following on from that slowly improves from a mid-table d1 team to a top 3 team for 3-4 seasons. The board could decide to develop the stadium to improve capacity and income as a reflection of the continued and developed success of the team.

Would be more in favour of lowering the Gate Receipts ratio compared with Tv Revenue, Sponsorship ect than upgrading stadiums. If then these areas are reflected more heavily with success it mirrors the real world of football, rewards success & promotes natural growth.

Upgrading stadium size has the risk of turning into a complete mess. What happens if a teams stadium gets increased but then the manager quits & players get picked off? Do they downsize?

Would be more in favour of lowering the Gate Receipts ratio compared with Tv Revenue' date=' Sponsorship ect than upgrading stadiums. If then these areas are reflected more heavily with success it mirrors the real world of football, rewards success & promotes natural growth.

Upgrading stadium size has the risk of turning into a complete mess. What happens if a teams stadium gets increased but then the manager quits & players get picked off? Do they downsize?[/quote']

What happens to a club in real life when the success ends? Do they suddenly lose their stadium along with their players? Rangers, for example.

To be honest, I don't mind what happens, I would just like a way for well managed, successful smaller clubs to be able, eventually, to compete on a level financial field with clubs that start off big. Whether that's attendance/stadium size, adjusting of merchandise and revenue or whatever :)

I think it makes the long game more attractive if you know you can really build up a small club to something massive, rather than ultimately always having to go for a Real Madrid or Manchester Utd for the easy money.

With attendance having such a large bearing on income' date=' [b']there should be a way for well managed, successful smaller clubs to increase their capacity[/b], and therefore income, to enable them to stand on an even footing with the clubs that initially start off larger and therefore with a big income advantage.

Manchester City are an example, with their rise back to the Premiership in the early 2000's they moved from Maine Road (which, with a 35000+ capacity wasn't exactly small) and are now looking to expand their current stadium to 60000+

Why? Because more seats is more bums on seats, and more income.

Managers shouldn't just be able to pay up whenever and increase capacity - in fact, I don't think it should be something players have control of at all, as again it gives an advantage to clubs with a naturally higher income - but rather it should be something the chairman/board decide to do for the clubs after several years of consistent success, as a sign of the improved status of the club.

As an example, a club is managed well and taken from d3 to d1 over a couple of seasons, and following on from that slowly improves from a mid-table d1 team to a top 3 team for 3-4 seasons. The board could decide to develop the stadium to improve capacity and income as a reflection of the continued and developed success of the team.

Manchester City is a poor example. They were already a decent size club.

They were handed on a platter a free stadium, which pay for with public money, couldnt be left to waste. Nothing to do with Man City wanting more people in the ground.

Here is my reason why i stick to my orginal point:

You take said club up the divisions. Congrats.

You get bored of the GW - you leave.

The club slowly falls back to its 'real-life' state and slowly gets relegated. You then have a club with a massive ground, low average rated team and then losing a ton of cash in ground maintenance.

You can get up to a 25K stadia. That is plenty, but a rise to 30K would be acceptable.

Ive done it countless times, building clubs up and being financially sound.

As ive bolded in your statement, this is only the case when you stick with the side. The % of clubs managed in the entirety of SM in said situation is probably far too low to even warrant a stadium building feature.

If the club goes to pot, the local council should then have the ground demolished as its a white elephant :P

The financial side of this game is something that really, really needs to be improved. I lose 1.5M a week at a club where I am consistently top 4, won every trophy but the 'SMFAs', and won the double last season. I come close to filling my stadium occasionally (was recently 4 seats away!) but still lose over a million a turn.

I find myself selling players every season to break even, and all the best players end up going to Manchester United. That's not really fair, IMO.

If any club challenged for the title and the champions league in real life, they would pack out their stadium and increase revenue through TV, merchandise, sponsorships etc. This needs to be implemented in-game.

Football management games exist mainly because people want to grow their favourite clubs as big as they can be. If Soccer Manager does this worse than what actually happens in real life, why should we play the game?