Soccer Manager: Single Player

Re: Riferimento: Soccer Manager: Single Player

1) the match engine seems to have some problems with just 4 player variables (rating' date=' condition, moral and role in the match vs natural role) plus the manager indications for offside, corner kicks, etc etc - which have always be a kind of mistery: do they actually influence the game result?

So, to be able to use the new variables from SW, are you going to re-write the match engine? Using it as it is will cause more problems to the game, i think, because the engine will have a way greater number of variables to handle, now, if you add the player attributes from SW.[/quote']

We have developed a brand new match engine as per the opening post. When our Kickstarter Project is relaunched in the next day or two, if you pledge £5 or more you'll have access to Beta and if you pledge £10 or more you'll have access to alpha and beta. You'll get an early look at the match engine and Single Player game and will be able to offer feedback in it's development.

Re: Soccer Manager: Single Player

none of the larger ones appeal to a non UK/Europe audience once again??? im still pledging... im just saying there should be something in it beneficial for International pledgers on the higher levels.... Cutting out the market bros

We understand, but it's hard to offer something to those outside of Europe something along those lines. We did ask our community to suggest pledges, but not many came back with suggestions.

Player attributes are very appealing but in the final outcome, it will all stand or fall on playability & the sensibility of the match engine/ attributes.

Will have at look at this in the next few days & make a decision on "backing". At least it shows a BIG AMBITION on SM's part & you are to be congratulated in this regard. The game wasn't making a lot of progress on the early years as it was. Good luck...

We understand' date=' but it's hard to offer something to those outside of Europe something along those lines. We did ask our community to suggest pledges, but not many came back with suggestions.[/quote']

fair enough,m i can point out a problem but i offered up no solution. Would have to be a game related thoing t service all. just random ideas here, but maybe custom skins or an exclusive feature of some description.

Also will there be a way to do connect game worlds with your single player teams?

Player attributes are very appealing but in the final outcome' date=' it will all stand or fall on playability & the sensibility of the match engine/ attributes.

Will have at look at this in the next few days & make a decision on "backing". At least it shows a BIG AMBITION on SM's part & you are to be congratulated in this regard. The game wasn't making a lot of progress on the early years as it was. Good luck...[/quote']

We want our community to be involved in our latest project and also see what we're developing. That's why we're opening it up via the Kickstarter Project. So if you pledged, you could become involved in this process and help with the direction of the game.

fair enough' date='m i can point out a problem but i offered up no solution. Would have to be a game related thoing t service all. just random ideas here, but maybe custom skins or an exclusive feature of some description.

Also will there be a way to do connect game worlds with your single player teams?[/quote']

Many thanks for your suggestion. Re Connect Game Worlds and the Single Player that has not been discussed. However, if you become involved in this project and have access to our Alpha / Beta forums, you could suggest this and discuss your idea with the dev team behind this project.

If anyone has any questions regarding our KickStarter Project, please feel free to ask or even drop me a PM if you don't want to post in here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143619669/soccer-manager

However, I can't stress enough that this is a project that we want our community to be involved in. We want you to be involved from the start and to help build a game that our community wants.

We will also be continuing to work on our multiplayer game as well and you can see a list of future improvements here:

forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=168093

Should have done a pledge that included two years gold management to the multiplayer game .to be honest I'm not interested in meeting the team ( even though I am based in uk)and name in the game is just fluff offer people something a bit more tangible

Launch night will be a great night meeting the other sm kiddies and being shown around the studio would be awesome just don't know if i will be able to go.

Yeah would have gathered even more interest.

Should have done a pledge that included two years gold management to the multiplayer game .to be honest I'm not interested in meeting the team ( even though I am based in uk)and name in the game is just fluff offer people something a bit more tangible

It's quite funny that you've posted this because we are considering offering 12 months GM to anyone that pledges a minimum of £10.

Launch night will be a great night meeting the other sm kiddies and being shown around the studio would be awesome just don't know if i will be able to go.

It'll be a good night and I'll look forward to the opportunity to chatting to people. If it's a success, then I don't see any reason why we couldn't make it an annual event.

It's quite funny that you've posted this because we are considering offering 12 months GM to anyone that pledges a minimum of £10.

It'll be a good night and I'll look forward to the opportunity to chatting to people. If it's a success' date=' then I don't see any reason why we couldn't make it an annual event.[/quote']

If i do go my first sentence will be "why was i banned from doing deals in wc1 with Olympiakos manager?"

If you made it 12 months for a £10 pledge 24months for a + £15 pledge I think you would get a lot of £15 pledges . I would pledge £15 on that basis

• 2 weeks later...

just a question... how will be international management (like world cup and u-21 trophies?)

I think at the moment managing national selection teams is the poorest and boring section of Soccermanager (few teams managable, only world cup available, no U-21 or other youngster competition).

How are you going to improve that?

Tnx for reply

Ya it's hit a wall, but kickstarter seems to be a place for "random projects" to get backing from the general public, I wonder how much has actually been from the general public and not from current SM online players..

I'll assume at this stage that most of the backing has been from current SM players (complete guess) but looking at the project as a whole and comparing it to other kickstarter projects that people back, SM offers a lot more in every aspect including not least a solid backround which alot of other projects don't have.

Might just be a case of SM getting their project out there, Something which I always believed had to happen/needed to happen for the online version, regardless what happens with the current project I believe it will still go ahead but if for example if only 10k could be raised it would simply mean the single player would take longer to be fully implemented & that it may be delayed a little at worst.

My guess is that practically speaking single player would still be launched towards the end of the summer with just 10k commited by the public but that the new 2d match engine would take a little while longer to be included in that offering if the 20k was not raised this time round.

as for International management etc that would be seen as extra (extra from the first launch of single player) as with all the other extras SM mention after the 20k raised, if your asking when will SM include under-21 competition on the online version i don't think it's coming anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

It reached £16' date='747 and was therefore unsuccessful.[/quote']

Did wonder as it was on about that the last time I looked which was about a day to go.

I wonder how many pledges they got as although it started well enough it seemed to stall quite quickly. I also noticed 2-3, 4k jumps which without them it doesn't seem to read to good. Hence I'm interested in SM's thoughts on the exercise and what they think they can achieve from the donations they did get?

At least they tried something to benefit the game, which it still should albeit a little slower than was probably hoped.

Did wonder as it was on about that the last time I looked which was about a day to go.

I wonder how many pledges they got as although it started well enough it seemed to stall quite quickly. I also noticed 2-3' date=' 4k jumps which without them it doesn't seem to read to good. Hence I'm interested in SM's thoughts on the exercise and [b']what they think they can achieve from the donations they did get?[/b]

At least they tried something to benefit the game, which it still should albeit a little slower than was probably hoped.

They dont get any of the funds as you need to be successful to receive anything.

Really? :eek: i suppose it makes sense in some ways but does that mean all money gets refunded then?

It's never taken until the FULL AMOUNT is pledged. As the FULL amount required wasn't reached, nothing is taken from ANY of the pledgers including me. So SM get zero unfortunately.

It's never taken until the FULL AMOUNT is pledged. As the FULL amount required wasn't reached' date=' nothing is taken from ANY of the pledgers including me. So SM get zero unfortunately.[/quote']

I thought SM would throw some money in themselves to make sure it reached the target to get their hands on the rest of the money. Though it still wouldn't have been a roaring success it would have masked the fact it was a failure also. Spend to accumulate! Maybe there is rules against doing that but I'm sure they could have done it on the sly ;) For the good of the cause and all that :)

Edit: Feel harsh saying failure - read as unsuccessful as that's more fitting :)