Soccer Manager - a social and interactive game

"
An online game without communication is an offline experience
" - Dai Smout

I'm one of those people that believe SM is much more fun if you make
interaction
and
communication
with other players a key aspect of the game. Having the World sharing your hard fight for success or your missed penalty at minute 95, that would give you the Champions League, is much more appealing and fun that living all of this alone in front of your computer. Communication is a way of
boosting
your SM experience.

World Championship 30000

The Game World started back in October 2012 and is now at the mid of its
Season 4
. I don't know much about the Game World as I only recently joined but there are a good set of managers that are in since the early days.
It seems to be difficult to maintain a World Championship full and appealing but 30000 has a good number of active managers and it seems a good option for people looking for a competitive environment.

I joined World Championship 30000 last month as Sporting CP, my Real Life team, and only played 6 games so far... I'm enjoying it a lot and hope to be here for a while, so RL allows me to! Sporting CP started in Division 3 and was relegated that season. After that, the best position ever was 11th in Division 4. Seems a very good
challenge
!

The Forum Thread

As part of the
communication
experience, I would like to see this as an active thread! Don't know if there are many forumers in the setup, still have to find it. Of course that communication can also be promoted within the Game World News Feed, via Private Messages, whatever you feel that can improve the interaction between the managers. What I think is important is to promote and attract the interest of the participants.
Interaction
and
involvement
will lead for sure to even more long term projects within the Game Worlds!

But most of all, whatever is your way of being in SM,
have fun
, that’s what the game is all about!

Thanks for reading. Please make your comments and share your ideas.

Take care!

Re: World Championship 30000: Discussion thread

2023.png

VILLARREAL

I will introduce myself then :P Good idea to create this thread mate. I've joined this Game World last season and took control of Villarreal. This season i had an horrible start and atm i'm fighting to avoid relegation. I'm sure we will get it, and next season i hope i can finally fight for promotion. In terms of results it's not been a great experience, but i've been able to build a great team, with a lot of talented players! Even this week we made two great signings to improve our midfield. Rio Mavuba and Yohan Cabaye will be very important for us to dominate our opponents.

2014_01_30_08_45_49.jpg

Cabaye joined Villarreal yesterday for 18.8M!

marcos vitorino earned a draw with Sporting CP against Vélez Sársfield.Sporting CP dominated much of the play against Vélez Sársfield but could only manage a 0 - 0 draw in their Division 4 fixture.

Indeed Sporting CP was better in every aspects of the game against the unmanaged Vélez Sársfield. Bad luck this time, at least we got a point! We are now 11th.

Villarreal beat 2nd placed Celtic 3-2 for Division 3 and is now out of relegation zone! A dominant performance from the spanish side, who managed to win the match after being 2-0 down! Amazing recovery to get a totally deserved win.

marcos vitorino steered Sporting CP to victory against Aston Villa.

Sporting CP beat Aston Villa 4 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Eduardo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Almeida and Antunes were also amongst the goalscorers.

A comfortable win this time... and for a change!

Next one in Alvalade against Rangers.

With only five games 'til the end of the season and being 13 points away from playoff zone, Sporting CP seems to have no more to do than prepare for next season.

Three players out and two players in was the balance of last week's transfer activity. More news are expected in the following days. Still a lot to do to for this side to become competitive for the long term!

I have taken control of Cruzeiro. My Objective while in this GW will be to win divsion 1 with a purely Brazilian squad.

Any help with loans/transfers will be appreciated :D

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome and good luck!

Our first transfer sees Cicero Jonathan come in for Ramon, Ceara and 6.9 mil..

I find that I may have to over spend for Brazilian players when I have competition, haha.

Our first 90+ player transfer sees Fred coming in for an astounding 21.7 mil.

Cruzeiro have broken their transfer record by signing Chaves FRED from Mainz for 21,780,000

Also joining him are future stars:

Robert Santos

Para

Barbosa Danilo

Romario

Nikido de Assis Moreira steered Cruzeiro to victory against Girondins Bordeaux.

Cruzeiro beat Girondins Bordeaux 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Baptista, Alan and Léo were amongst the goalscorers.

What a tough match this was!

We concede in the 33rd minute and my captain gets sent off in the 33rd.

The come back started with a goal from Julio Baptista in the 48th minute. Leo scores in the 53rd and we take the lead for the first time. Plasil scores from a freekick to level the match at 68 minutes, but it's not enough as substitute Alan ensures a Cruzeiro win with a goal in the 89th minute.

Phew!

I may just be escaping relegation this season.

Villarreal beat Flamengo 2-1 tonight and assured the permanence in Division 3! Next season i expect to be fighting for top6! This season's start was a complete disaster. We're much stronger now, no doubt.

Gratz for your win Nikidinho, i hope you can avoid relegation! Did you really need to spent so much money in Fred? You faced some competition for him? You were really affraid to loose him considering how much you paid for him! :o I like your brazilian project and i will follow it closely :P Cheers mate.

A couple of good signings last week for Sporting CP. Unfortunately no one for fast money making! 23 players in and 9 players out since I took over. Too many changes in one month time! And still a few that need to be done, let's see how it goes...

Good luck for you guys in the last match! I really hope you can escape relegation Nikidinho, and congratulations to Machines by already achieved it!

A couple of good signings last week for Sporting CP. Unfortunately no one for fast money making! 23 players in and 9 players out since I took over. Too many changes in one month time! And still a few that need to be done' date=' let's see how it goes...

Good luck for you guys in the last match! I really hope you can escape relegation Nikidinho, and congratulations to Machines by already achieved it![/quote']

Thanks mate! Best of luck for next season! I hope you can fight for promotion! Cheers.

Villarreal beat Flamengo 2-1 tonight and assured the permanence in Division 3! Next season i expect to be fighting for top6! This season's start was a complete disaster. We're much stronger now' date=' no doubt.

Gratz for your win Nikidinho, i hope you can avoid relegation! Did you really need to spent so much money in Fred? You faced some competition for him? You were really affraid to loose him considering how much you paid for him! :o I like your brazilian project and i will follow it closely :P Cheers mate.[/quote']

Congrats on escaping relegation, good luck with next season's campaign!

Haha yeah I did. The next highest bid was around 16 mil. He was rated 90, AND he was a Brazilian!! :eek:

How could I possibly turn that down? :P

And thanks :) My exams just got over, so I can now put some more time into it.

A couple of good signings last week for Sporting CP. Unfortunately no one for fast money making! 23 players in and 9 players out since I took over. Too many changes in one month time! And still a few that need to be done' date=' let's see how it goes...

Good luck for you guys in the last match! I really hope you can escape relegation Nikidinho, and congratulations to Machines by already achieved it![/quote']

Haha, I've noticed your signings mate, some fairly good ones there.

Thanks man, good luck to you too!

Cruzeiro escape relegation! After a 1-1 draw with Juventus' date=' we finally finish 16th in the league.

Not bad me thinks, but after a good pre season, I'll be looking to finish in the top 10 next time.[/quote']

Congratulations!! Great new season ahead :)

Cruzeiro escape relegation! After a 1-1 draw with Juventus' date=' we finally finish 16th in the league.

Not bad me thinks, but after a good pre season, I'll be looking to finish in the top 10 next time.[/quote']

Congratulations mate! Make it top 6 then :P

Mmmmmm' date=' what a tasty looking Brazilian Dodo. You shall be contacted shortly[/quote']

:DB) I will not accept other offers.

Any teams free?

Yes, there are 10 teams free. None of them are particularly great, but there' the fun of the game, the challenge. You have Dynamo Kiev and Besiktas in Division 3 and 8 teams in Division 4. Newcastle for instance who has 77.5M to spend!