Reported deals discussion thread

craig

Re: Reported deals discussion thread

I have picked out a few possible changes that could maybe be of help' date=' obviously not all of these measures would be needed but the more suggestions that are put forward the better chance of a solution being found.

1) Time limits could be put in place as to how far back you can report a deal as at the minute you can report a deal as far back as 5 months previous(maybe even longer in a 46 game season).

2) A deal could have to beflagged/reported by more than one person as at the minute one spiteful person could report hundreds of deals and ruin a gameworld.

3) In a season a manager could only be allowed to report a certain amount of deals( 3 or 5 could be about right) as one spiteful person could just report as many deals as he/she wishes.

4) Stricter rules could be put in place so that deals that pass the chairman in the first place should not really be needed to be reported as they should not get past the chairman in the first place if above board.

5)Details of who reported each deal to be made public to help transparancy and weed out spiteful reports, taking away the anonymity might prove to be helpful.

6)Part exchange deals could be stopped meaning just cash bids could be made this would stop people swapping two old duffers for a decent player.[/quote']

4, 5 & 6 are great ideas mate, i think the Part Ex thing should just be binned and more should be done with cash would make it a bit more real life aswell:D

4' date=' 5 & 6 are great ideas mate, i think the Part Ex thing should just be binned and more should be done with cash would make it a bit more real life aswell:D[/quote']

the only thing i would say bout stopping p/x deals is that somemanagers wouldn't be able to p/x young players which is bad for game

not all p/x are old players.

maybe something inbetween could be implemented, like only p/x players 25yr old or under, or similar

They were just a few suggestions that maybe a solution could be found from' date=' I am not sure which one(s) I would implement myself, I was just trying to throw some ideas out there.[/quote']

yes, I would like to see more ideas put forward like yours,

This is everyone's big chance to get their ideas/thoughts known, so I hope they take advantage so we can improve the reported/reversed deals facility

I have picked out a few possible changes that could maybe be of help' date=' obviously not all of these measures would be needed but the more suggestions that are put forward the better chance of a solution being found.

1) Time limits could be put in place as to how far back you can report a deal as at the minute you can report a deal as far back as 5 months previous(maybe even longer in a 46 game season).

2) A deal could have to beflagged/reported by more than one person as at the minute one spiteful person could report hundreds of deals and ruin a gameworld.

3) In a season a manager could only be allowed to report a certain amount of deals( 3 or 5 could be about right) as one spiteful person could just report as many deals as he/she wishes.

4) Stricter rules could be put in place so that deals that pass the chairman in the first place should not really be needed to be reported as they should not get past the chairman in the first place if above board.

5)Details of who reported each deal to be made public to help transparancy and weed out spiteful reports, taking away the anonymity might prove to be helpful.

6)Part exchange deals could be stopped meaning just cash bids could be made this would stop people swapping two old duffers for a decent player.[/quote']

I'm a big fan of 1,2 & 4 here.

I'd like to see the reporting period cut down to something reasonable like 3 weeks.

I think that a certain % of the active managers in a gameworld should be required to report a deal before it gets looked at, say 5% which in a full 116 club english comp comes to roughly 6 people, not a huge amount but enough for it to warrant a deal being looked at instead of one spiteful person as it is right now.

I feel like the deals getting past the chairman is getting harder and harder now especially if you're a bigger club so it has already taken a lot of the cheating/unfairness out so if a deal passes by two chairmen and two managers agree then surely it should be fine as it is??, the wider issue with this is 2 and 3 part deals where one part of the deal looks unfair but when you balance all parts of the deals out they're usually fair, there have been cases where parts of the multi deal of been reversed and one team has been severely disadvantaged, possible solution off the top of my head to this would be to increase the amount of players you can include in a transfer so that there isn't a need for multi part deals?

Anyone got any more ideas/points like Dan posted

He had some good points that need addressed

any more points/ideas could help us with this issue re reported/reversed deals

Hopefully a DEV will view this thread (when they are back online) and see that the report deal button is being abused and ruining GW's

Surprise surprise.... SM reply to ticket....

Hi Luis,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

Absolute joke, and I'm sick of it! If that's not the correct way, then TELL US HOW CAN WE CONTACT YOU for these issues!!!

I'm stopping here! There are a few people with contacts trying to sort this issue and I trust their efforts.

Pretty sick of the smfa i don't know about anyone elses deals but mine are all 100% legit and most with high reputation long serving managers who've been in the same setup as me for years upon years yet if some random reports my player exchange it gets reversed yet some manager buys isco and chellini + others the next season all for cash not only myself reported some of the deals i gave up after the first two and nothing gets done when it's clear cheating. He rejects all bids from other managers or lets them expire but his accepted time and time again. This is the reason i withdrew my £100 donation to the kickstarter project because if they can't atleast listen or do something about the actual cheat then why i should i help fund further development when they can't sort out things like this.

There shouldn't be a mod for a gameworld great idea suggested it a long time ago myself but it's easily corrupted. Although it probably isn't the best approach but were struggling for ideas the appeal system is the way to go.

Absolute joke' date=' and I'm sick of it! If that's not the correct way, then [b']TELL US HOW CAN WE CONTACT YOU[/b] for these issues!!!

I'm stopping here! There are a few people with contacts trying to sort this issue and I trust their efforts.

Happy to take your cash though, if it don't get sorted I'll be stopping gold membership and creating any of my own gw's, no more cash to sm unless we get a resolution.

What makes it worse the dev I pm'd was online for a good while this morning but not even a reply:rolleyes:

And at the end of the day why should we be allowed to report deals, if the 2 managers are happy then that should be that, different story if it's the same guy with 2 accounts.

So I think the reporting of deals should be removed but keep the reporting of 1 manager with multiple teams, would put an end to a hell of a lot of issues

100% agree that the simple way to prevent legit deals being reversed is to remove the 'illegal' deal button.

As already mentioned, the chairmen for both clubs involved in the deal have an input and will not allow the deal to proceed if it does not fall within their maximum/minimum valuations.

If a manager is suspected of having taken over a second club in order to construct a deal from one club to another then this can be reported via the multiple account button on the GW club list.

Even this may not be foolproof but, in my opinion, better to let a guilty man go free than hang 9 innocent men like we are now!

Absolute joke' date=' and I'm sick of it! If that's not the correct way, then [b']TELL US HOW CAN WE CONTACT YOU[/b] for these issues!!!

It's not a bug though

Nothing they can do, that's why i started this thread, we discuss it and put forward the best ideas for SM to hopefully implement it, should they agree of course.

Imo Report Deal Button should not be removed, because it will always be people trying to get advantage of the others, and there's a lot of ways to do that. Not only through multi-account, which sometimes may not even be discovered by SM, but also through friends joining SM only to help their team or through favours exchanged with other managers in different setups, etc. Even taking advantage of a naive offering him a poor deal is not really fair, but it's a different matter. When you say that if both chairmans accept the deal it is a fair deal, well that's not exactly right. A poor player in a small team will have the same or even higher current value than a great player in a big team. It's possible to do a straight swap between these two players, chairman will let that happen. Is that a fair deal? Well, most of the times it surely is not.

That said, there's certainly a lot to be improved in the reporting system, because a lot of people abuse of it, severall times with no valid reason. It already happened to me to be pretty much forbidden to do deals with another manager because a perfect legit deal was reported by someone and reversed by SMFA. It was our first deal, we did not know each other, the deal was cool for both, and still because someone reported it, we could never deal again. That makes no sense and hurts the game. Another stupid thing is sometimes normal deals are reversed, and some outrageous deals still go through. There should be some guys to judge the reported deals, not a clueless bot. I like some of the ideas people are giving, like it shoud be needed a certain number of people reporting the deal to actually lead SMFA to look into it. And managers should not be forbidden to deal after one single deal reversed. I hope SM look into it and make some improvments. Cheers fellas.

Imo Report Deal Button should not be removed' date=' because it will always be people trying to get advantage of the others, and there's a lot of ways to do that. Not only through multi-account, which sometimes may not even be discovered by SM, but also through friends joining SM only to help their team or through favours exchanged with other managers in different setups, etc. Even taking advantage of a naive offering him a poor deal is not really fair, but it's a different matter. When you say that if both chairmans accept the deal it is a fair deal, well that's not exactly right. A poor player in a small team will have the same or even higher current value than a great player in a big team. It's possible to do a straight swap between these two players, chairman will let that happen. Is that a fair deal? Well, most of the times it surely is not.

That said, there's certainly a lot to be improved in the reporting system, because a lot of people abuse of it, severall times with no valid reason. It already happened to me to be pretty much forbidden to do deals with another manager because a perfect[b'] legit deal was reported by someone and reversed by SMFA[/b]. It was our first deal, we did not know each other, the deal was cool for both, and still because someone reported it, we could never deal again. That makes no sense and hurts the game. Another stupid thing is sometimes normal deals are reversed, and some outrageous deals still go through. There should be some guys to judge the reported deals, not a clueless bot. I like some of the ideas people are giving, like it shoud be needed a certain number of people reporting the deal to actually lead SMFA to look into it. And managers should not be forbidden to deal after one single deal reversed. I hope SM look into it and make some improvments. Cheers fellas.

A lot of good points

This is why I started the thread

re young players being p/x,

chairmen agree and it goes through, some are not worthy - this could be true in some cases but if its between the min/max values then both chairmen let it go ahead

however, if this is not a balanced deal, then that tells us that this needs updated so only young p/x are worthy of the deal being made. (after CV updated)

• I would remove report deal button (illegal, button) - both Chairmen decide (after updated)

• I would update chairmen values so that when we offer cash/ cash & young players/young players only etc, the deal is more realistic and suits both teams (at present, if its between min/max value it goes thru)

if report (illegal) button stays

• I would say deals only reversed if say 5 managers report it (not just one manager)

I feel one manager reporting deal is too easy and convenient for people with grudges or out to spoil gw's/fellow managers

The more people needed to report a deal will take away the easy/convenient way for people with grudges or out to spoil gw's (hence why i say 5 needed)

Hopefully we get thoughts of Devs/ (ste) on this thread

My next post is the most popular points requested

please don't reply with your views on it

it's simply to make it easier for Devs when they view this thread (they can go thru all posts at later time if they wish)

any points u think should be added PM ME - i will add to it

REPORTED/REVERSED DEALS THREAD

To simplify things here's the list of points that are most requested/popular

Devs can look thru thread later to see every point posted (or just view most pop below)

• Time limits for Illegal button - why go so far back - 7 days is far back enough

• update chairmen values and abolish report button (updated chairmen to decide)

• make it 3 or 5 managers needed to report same deal before deal is reported

• A poll to decide each GW, to have a report button or not (ON or OFF button)

• Name and Shame people who report deals - too many times

• Serial reporters to be removed

• Each manager to have 3 challenges per season to report deals

I've only just seen this thread as Craig has flagged it up. I'll have a read of it in the morning and get up to speed. In there meantime however I will say that the SMFA is a top priority for us and it will be worked on shortly.

Update: I've now read all of your posts and will pass this on to the devs who will be working on the SMFA. Many thanks to those that have taken the time to put forward your suggestions and feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

From our latest Game Update:

Over the past few months we have listened to our communities feedback regarding the SMFA. Along with this feedback we have also analysed the reports that have come in in great detail. Due to this we have made numerous changes to the SMFA that will address the concerns that our community has raised and it will also by more dynamic and tailored to specific Game Worlds as we understand that each one is different.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback within this thread.

Fantastic news Steven. Hopefully these changes will benefit all the game worlds and keep the internal markets buzzing with legitimate deals without the fear of them being overturned .

Thank you for being out voice. It is great to know that the development team are acting on our concerns :)

i have 200m 200 ish players players with concerns left and right i transfer list a 89 cb for 21m smfa blocks it...:o

Yes thanks to all who contributed with feedback and thanks Ste for taking time to look thru the thread and putting it top of list as priority

i have 200m 200 ish players players with concerns left and right i transfer list a 89 cb for 21m smfa blocks it...:o

yeah i reported this a while back

level 5 concern player, i win bidding, yet SMFA reverses it couple days later and his concerns are reset to none!