Player Performance League

Matt72

PLAYER PERFORMANCE LEAGUE

Hi everyone and welcome to my newest concept "Player Performance League." This set up is based on the success of my Fantasy Football League custom, which will run for only three seasons and is nearing the end of it's second season. Due to the workload involved in collating each players individual totals I never envisaged how much work was involved and since it has been a huge success I wanted to carry on it's legacy in a much simpler format.

It will be one league consisting of 16 of the top clubs in Europe and empty squads. Rules are as follows:

PLAYER PERFORMANCE RULES - WIN POINTS BY:

- Player in-game match ratings, including subs added together. (+)

- Goals for: (+)

- Goalscorers: +3 (all positions)

- Assists: +2 (all positions)

- Man Of The Match: +3

- Captain's Score Double apart from there in-game match rating.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE RULES - LOSE POINTS BY:

- Goals Against: (-)

- Yellow Cards - 5

- Red Cards - 10

Basically all this information can be gathered from the match line-ups in the match report tab, making it far less time consuming for myself and anyone else willing to help in cross referencing totals on a match day.

SQUAD CAP:

The reason for the squad cap of 25 is simple. It will allow every manager to have sufficient depth to cover all positions. Any manager in breach of this rule will incur a penalty of -15 per player over the cap, the player(s) will be ineligible to play and will have to be sold to the first bidder. Which player(s) are sold is at the discretion of the GW owner.

STANDARD GAME WORLD RULES

TRANSFER BUDGET:

300M

ECONOMY LEVEL:

Normal

PLAYER CONCERNS:

Off

SMFA MONITORING TRANSFERS:

Off

CAN ONLY OFFER CASH TO CLUBS IN DEALS:

No

NO BUYING FROM UNMANAGED CLUBS

On

NO BUYING FROM EXTERNAL CLUBS:

Off

NO BUYING PLAYERS OVER THE AGE OF:

Any

CANNOT DO CASH TRANSFERS OVER:

Any

TRANSFER WINDOWS:

Off

CAN ONLY BUY PLAYERS WITH THE SAME NATIONALITY AS YOUR CLUB:

Off

MANAGERS SACKED IF THEY FINISH BOTTOM:

Off

MANAGERS MUST LOGIN TO THIS GAME WORLD AT LEAST EVERY:

14 Days

This will run for 3 seasons and the winner will be the manager who has the most points accumulated over those 3 seasons. There prize is a lap dance off Susan Boyle which I know will appeal to the vast majority of you weirdos.

Managers from Fantasy Football League have first option to join but anyone who is interested in this set up please express your interest in thread. If anyone feels there are clubs out there that should be in instead of any of the chosen clubs feel free to say.

Interest List:

1: Matt72

2: AJB

3: Huddo

4: Phil Brooks

5: Ben C

6: Pedrooliveira

7: Closer

8: Ruggermad

9: Wolfy102

10: Taylor 8

11: Nick Justice

12: Cam Lucas

13: Steauaseka

14: Ray1981

15: Ghora

16: Noisy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Player Performance League

Newcustomgif_zpsc5a0a0f3.gif?t=1398117971

Hi everyone and welcome to my newest concept "Player Performance League." This set up is based on the success of my Fantasy Football League custom' date=' which will run for only three seasons and is nearing the end of it's second season. Due to the workload involved in collating each players individual totals I never envisaged how much work was involved and since it has been a huge success I wanted to carry on it's legacy in a much simpler format.

It will be one league consisting of 16 of the top clubs in Europe and empty squads. Rules are as follows:[/font']

PLAYER PERFORMANCE RULES - WIN POINTS BY:

- Player in-game match ratings, including subs added together. (+)

- Goals for: (+)

- Goalscorers: +3 (all positions)

- Assists: +2 (all positions)

- Man Of The Match: +3

- Captain's Score Double apart from there in-game match rating.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE RULES - LOSE POINTS BY:

- Goals Against: (-)

- Yellow Cards - 5

- Red Cards - 10

Basically all this information can be gathered from the match line-ups in the match report tab, making it far less time consuming for myself and anyone else willing to help in cross referencing totals on a match day.

STANDARD GAME WORLD RULES

TRANSFER BUDGET:

T.B.C

ECONOMY LEVEL:

Normal

PLAYER CONCERNS:

Off

SMFA MONITORING TRANSFERS:

Off

CAN ONLY OFFER CASH TO CLUBS IN DEALS:

No

NO BUYING FROM UNMANAGED CLUBS

On

NO BUYING FROM EXTERNAL CLUBS:

Off

NO BUYING PLAYERS OVER THE AGE OF:

Any

CANNOT DO CASH TRANSFERS OVER:

Any

TRANSFER WINDOWS:

Off

CAN ONLY BUY PLAYERS WITH THE SAME NATIONALITY AS YOUR CLUB:

Off

MANAGERS SACKED IF THEY FINISH BOTTOM:

Off

MANAGERS MUST LOGIN TO THIS GAME WORLD AT LEAST EVERY:

14 Days

This will run for 5 seasons and the winner will be the manager who has the most points accumulated over those 5 seasons. There prize is a lap dance off Susan Boyle which I know will appeal to the vast majority of you weirdos.

Managers from Fantasy Football League have first option to join but anyone who is interested in this set up please express your interest in thread. If anyone feels there are clubs out there that should be in instead of any of the chosen clubs feel free to say.

Interest List:

1: Matt72

2: AJB

3: Huddo

4: Phil Brooks

5: Ben C

I'm interested, Matt. :D

EDIT: I'd love to have Dortmund, but any other club is fine. :)

So any suggestions on transfer budget and distribution of players? There are a few ways of doing this. We could have 300m budget and a draft process or it could be a free for all. We could have a small budget and managers will have to rely on risers.

Ultimately once the set up is full then these minor decisions can be made.

So any suggestions on transfer budget and distribution of players? There are a few ways of doing this. We could have 300m budget and a draft process or it could be a free for all. We could have a small budget and managers will have to rely on risers.

draft???:rolleyes:

how many people are we?

Hi i am interested!

I think as for budget and players instead of having a crazy free for all the top 16 players or 32 should be split between the clubs

after that you can buy say 5 players of a rating of 90+

then the rest is a free for all?

I wouldn't mind being B. Munich or Man Utd but it doesn't really matter if the squads are empty as long as we all have decent stadium sizes

Hi i am interested!

I think as for budget and players instead of having a crazy free for all the top 16 players or 32 should be split between the clubs

after that you can buy say 5 players of a rating of 90+

then the rest is a free for all?

I wouldn't mind being B. Munich or Man Utd but it doesn't really matter if the squads are empty as long as we all have decent stadium sizes

the best thing would be a draft league fixing a limit to the amount of players 93+ rated that one can have

I like 300M budget and draft, Matt.

There's a very effective and quick way of making a draft, that I learned on the Spanish forum.

I'm in this custom setup, where we made 12 player ellections, before the league started.

This is the trick:

You determine time intervals for everyone to make their draft decisions.

For instance, after you draw the draft order, you make a schedule.

Manager 1 has from 10 AM to 10:30 AM to decide his player.

Manager 2 has from 10:30 AM to 11 AM to decide his player and so on.

If a manager fails to make his decision on time, he loses his turn. He'll end up choosing his player, when it's his turn again (so he'd choose 2 players, then).

The best way to do this is sending a list of your picks (in order) to Matt, before each draft round.

Trust me, this can be done fast. I can also help you with this, Matt.

I'd suggest that the draft order is inverted after each round, so it would be fair to everybody. ;)

I like 300M budget and draft' date=' Matt.

There's a very effective and quick way of making a draft, that I learned on the Spanish forum.

I'm in this custom setup, where we made 12 player ellections, before the league started.

This is the trick:

You determine time intervals for everyone to make their draft decisions.

For instance, after you draw the draft order, you make a schedule.

Manager 1 has from 10 AM to 10:30 AM to decide his player.

Manager 2 has from 10:30 AM to 11 AM to decide his player and so on.

If a manager fails to make his decision on time, he loses his turn. He'll end up choosing his player, when it's his turn again (so he'd choose 2 players, then).

The best way to do this is sending a list of your picks (in order) to Matt, before each draft round.

Trust me, this can be done fast. I can also help you with this, Matt.

I'd suggest that the draft order is inverted after each round, so it would be fair to everybody. ;)[/quote']

While the time scale would work in theory since everyone in the Spanish forum I am assuming will reside in Spain not everyone in this set up will be in the same time zone, so for example someone could end up having to make there pick at 10.30 BST when it could actually be 4.30AM where they live which would be highly unfair on them.

Defo can count me in Matt, if possible Man UTD would be great but don't really matter :D

Just my 2 cents worth here, but Im not fussed on the draft idea cos it relies on the person to put forward a draft list which each person will be putting forward similar lists. Therefore if you couldn't be there for the draw duration then you will end up getting players you don't want causing that manager to withdraw after a while. Ive seen this happen many a time on NFL.com Fantasy Football (yes a different game but it has the same concept) where ive played for a long time in custom games and also where the draft system is obviously superior to what can be done in a forum. But if this is the consensus vote ill go with it no probs.

I like the idea of a free for all bidding system but with player rating caps ie. a team can have max

2 94+ players

7 90+ players

etc which can be sorted out

While the time scale would work in theory since everyone in the Spanish forum I am assuming will reside in Spain not everyone in this set up will be in the same time zone' date=' so for example someone could end up having to make there pick at 10.30 BST when it could actually be 4.30AM where they live which would be highly unfair on them.[/font']

Not at all, Matt.

In the Spanish forum, there are lots of people from different time zones: many South Americans and I. :D

The trick is sending a list of your picks, in order, preferably before each draft round. This way (even if you can't be online, when it's your turn), you won't miss any ellection. :)

Defo can count me in Matt' date=' if possible Man UTD would be great but don't really matter :D

Just my 2 cents worth here, but Im not fussed on the draft idea cos it relies on the person to put forward a draft list which each person will be putting forward similar lists. Therefore if you couldn't be there for the draw duration then you will end up getting players you don't want causing that manager to withdraw after a while. Ive seen this happen many a time on NFL.com Fantasy Football (yes a different game but it has the same concept) where ive played for a long time in custom games and also where the draft system is obviously superior to what can be done in a forum. But if this is the consensus vote ill go with it no probs.

I like the idea of a free for all bidding system but with player rating caps ie. a team can have max

2 94+ players

7 90+ players

etc which can be sorted out[/quote']

Not at all' date=' Matt.

In the Spanish forum, there are lots of people from different time zones: many South Americans and I. :D

The trick is sending a list of your picks, in order, preferably before each draft round. This way (even if you can't be online, when it's your turn), you won't miss any ellection. :)[/quote']

Both fair ideas. Problem with the draft process is managers do not really get the players they would generally want. Plus the problem with your idea Sean is managers bidding on, for example, 9 94+ players then forgetting to pull there bids and end up squandering all there money.

Only way I see round this and it is rather long winded is for managers to be drawn at random and the list they come out in is the list they can choose players at Random.

Manager 1 chooses a player for CV

Manager 2 chooses a player for CV right down to the 16th manager. Then Manager 2 chooses first right down to manager 1 choosing last and so on and so forth. It will mean everyone gets to choose first and everyone gets 16 players for CV.

Only issue is it could take a heck of a long time.

Both fair ideas. Problem with the draft process is managers do not really get the players they would generally want. Plus the problem with your idea Sean is managers bidding on' date=' for example, 9 94+ players then forgetting to pull there bids and end up squandering all there money.

Only way I see round this and it is rather long winded is for managers to be drawn at random and the list they come out in is the list they can choose players at Random.

Manager 1 chooses a player for CV

Manager 2 chooses a player for CV right down to the 16th manager. Then Manager 2 chooses first right down to manager 1 choosing last and so on and so forth. It will mean everyone gets to choose first and everyone gets 16 players for CV.

Only issue is it could take a heck of a long time.[/font']

Alright Matt, I'd still like 300M initial budget, because I'm already managing a lot of little clubs with few resources.

But I'll always be interested in participating. :D

EDIT: apparently, my name is Sean now. :P

Archived