Player Performance League

Re: Player Performance League

Alright Matt' date=' I'd still like 300M initial budget, because I'm already managing a lot of little clubs with few resources.

But I'll always be interested in participating. :D

EDIT: apparently, my name is Sean now. :P[/quote']

Wolfy's is since that part of the post is directed at him. :P

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Performance League that is probably the nicest thing anyone have ever said to me on the sm forums *cries happily*

Re: Player Performance League Table Season 1 - Turn 3 1: Napoli - AJB - 119 points 2: Atletico Madrid - Closer: 114 points 3: Chelsea - BenC: 112 points 4: P.S.G - Phil Brooks: 109 points

Re: Player Performance League Totally understandable Matt and while it's a shame I appreciate as I am sure we all do the time and effort you have put into this gw! Look out Pedro I am still planing

I have checked the Fantasy Football League thread which this set up is loosely based on and it was a free for all in the transfer market so I am going to go down the same route here.

Each manager will get some of the marquee signings they always do. I just think it is much simpler to go down the bidding war route.

Just a question' date=' Matt.

In the 1st post, you said "this will last (or run) for 5 seasons".

Were you referring to the point system or the setup itself? :confused:

If it's the 2nd one, don't you think 5 seasons is too short for a GW? :o:D[/quote']

The set up itself. If you think 5 seasons which is 30 games a season which equates to just over 2.5 months a season not including the off season period then the actual running time of the set up is just over a year.

Take the week or so break in between seasons then it is closer to 14 months. Is that really to short for a forum based set up? I would suggest it isn't since there are not many set ups full after 6 months never mind after a year+.

The set up itself. If you think 5 seasons which is 30 games a season which equates to just over 2.5 months a season not including the off season period then the actual running time of the set up is just over a year.

Take the week or so break in between seasons then it is closer to 14 months. Is that really to short for a forum based set up? I would suggest it isn't since there are not many set ups full after 6 months never mind after a year+.

Really? :o

I thought they lasted longer, but you're the expert. :)

Really? :o

I thought they lasted longer' date=' but you're the expert. :)[/quote']

Don't get me wrong Pedro many customs have stood the test of time, but with a high turnover of managers, many never get filled again either with perhaps a handful of clubs still needing to be filled.

I will take Fantasy Football League as an example. Unique concept never done before I took on 16 entrusted managers and before the season was out at least 5 had quit. I managed to get 3 more managers in and for the current season (season 2) the set up was created again reducing clubs from the original 14 to 12.

Now this is a set up that I feel due to it's originality is perhaps my best custom yet (just time consuming tallying points) yet many quit in season 1, managers I would have never expected to quit as well. This is why for me I think a set up that runs even for a year is a long time especially with less committed forumers now.

However if it is still successful this time next year I see no reason why it can't continue however I think 5 seasons will be sufficient.

Don't get me wrong Pedro many customs have stood the test of time' date=' but with a high turnover of managers, many never get filled again either with perhaps a handful of clubs still needing to be filled.

I will take Fantasy Football League as an example. Unique concept never done before I took on 16 entrusted managers and before the season was out at least 5 had quit. I managed to get 3 more managers in and for the current season (season 2) the set up was created again reducing clubs from the original 14 to 12.

Now this is a set up that I feel due to it's originality is perhaps my best custom yet (just time consuming tallying points) yet many quit in season 1, managers I would have never expected to quit as well. This is why for me I think a set up that runs even for a year is a long time especially with less committed forumers now.

However if it is still successful this time next year I see no reason why it can't continue however I think 5 seasons will be sufficient.[/font']

I'm very excited to hear you say this is, from your point of view, your best custom setup ever.

As for myself, you can rest easy.

If I don't log in the custom setups, I'm participating in for 14 days, it's because I'm dead. :o

I'm very excited to hear you say this is' date=' from your point of view, your best custom setup ever.

As for myself, you can rest easy.

If I don't log in the custom setups, I'm participating in for 14 days, it's because I'm dead. :o[/quote']

I do believe FFL was my best custom yet due to the original concept. This one is a somewhat watered down version but I firmly believe will still be a huge success. I may increase the log in time since Niall could be offshore for 2 weeks at a time it would be unfair for him to end up losing his club due to work commitments.

I do believe FFL was my best custom yet due to the original concept. This one is a somewhat watered down version but I firmly believe will still be a huge success. I may increase the log in time since Niall could be offshore for 2 weeks at a time it would be unfair for him to end up losing his club due to work commitments.

Yeah, that sounds fair. ;)

Don't get me wrong Pedro many customs have stood the test of time' date=' but with a high turnover of managers, many never get filled again either with perhaps a handful of clubs still needing to be filled.

However if it is still successful this time next year I see no reason why it can't continue however I think 5 seasons will be sufficient.[/font']

the timeframe seems great to have a majority of the 15 be able to see the whole thing out..... only minor concern i have is the most points over 5 seaons. That should be the uber goal, but it would be nice for some per season bragging rights etc as well incase someone comes in in s2 to cover a lost forumer etc.

However, i am mad down for this, add me to the list mon frere

What i like most about drafts is that you can build a decent team with the players you like. You can use lists and give them to 1, 2 managers with your choices. In this way you'll speed up the whole process. Plus it's funnier than bidding for all the good players, which takes 3-4 days max and then it's over.:rolleyes:

the timeframe seems great to have a majority of the 15 be able to see the whole thing out..... only minor concern i have is the most points over 5 seaons. That should be the uber goal' date=' but it would be nice for some per season bragging rights etc as well incase someone comes in in s2 to cover a lost forumer etc.

However, i am mad down for this, add me to the list mon frere[/quote']

Alright Cam, I'm glad you're joining us. :)

What i like most about drafts is that you can build a decent team with the players you like. You can use lists and give them to 1' date=' 2 managers with your choices. In this way you'll speed up the whole process. Plus it's funnier than bidding for all the good players, which takes 3-4 days max and then it's over.:rolleyes:[/b']

No more "gifs of the day", mate? :P

You're last one was crazy as hell. :D

the timeframe seems great to have a majority of the 15 be able to see the whole thing out..... only minor concern i have is the most points over 5 seaons. That should be the uber goal' date=' but it would be nice for some per season bragging rights etc as well incase someone comes in in s2 to cover a lost forumer etc.

However, i am mad down for this, add me to the list mon frere[/quote']

Welcome aboard mate. I could incorporate extra points for player of the season, top goal scorer and top assists while minus points for the player(s) with the most yellow and red cards. This will not require a great deal of extra work as it will only need to be done at the end of every season.

What i like most about drafts is that you can build a decent team with the players you like. You can use lists and give them to 1' date=' 2 managers with your choices. In this way you'll speed up the whole process. Plus it's funnier than bidding for all the good players, which takes 3-4 days max and then it's over.:rolleyes:[/b']

Thing is Phil an efficiently run draft process can be over in a matter of days also. Not forgetting that there will (hopefully) still be an active internal market once transfer bans are up.

We could also increase the squad cap every season as well just so there is an active external market every season without having to sell players in line with the squad cap rule originally implemented.

if you go for the mad bidding wars you end up with one team thats spends all there cash on 5 good players then the rest are 10kers, seen it happen time and time again, there is always one that spoils it.

Solution might be to cap how much you can spend on a player?? so no more than 50m, that would buy you messi or ronaldo and would be interesting to see if 5 clubs bid 50m on say messi which one he would go too?

That make sense?

Im easy regarding transfer policy. Im not going anywhere or in any rush :)

Although I do enjoy draft's..maybe a small one like for 1 or 2 players?

How the clubs being distributed Matt?

I reckon random.org will be the way to go.

if you go for the mad bidding wars you end up with one team thats spends all there cash on 5 good players then the rest are 10kers' date=' seen it happen time and time again, there is always one that spoils it.

Solution might be to cap how much you can spend on a player?? so no more than 50m, that would buy you messi or ronaldo and would be interesting to see if 5 clubs bid 50m on say messi which one he would go too?

That make sense?[/quote']

If someone was to have the time to see how many players there are for each of the ratings from 89-94 then we could use a random draft.

For example if there are 48 decent players rated 89 that would be 3 each. 32 decent 90 rated players would give us all 2 each and so on. We could all buy these for CO, still leaving players left for those inevitable bidding wars.

If someone was to have the time to see how many players there are for each of the ratings from 89-94 then we could use a random draft.

For example if there are 48 decent players rated 89 that would be 3 each. 32 decent 90 rated players would give us all 2 each and so on. We could all buy these for CO' date=' still leaving players left for those inevitable bidding wars.[/font']

Random.org is a good call for the club distribution. :)

If in a random draft, you don't get to choose your picks, I'm not in favour.

But I'm not the boss. :o

If everybody could mail Matt with their 24 favoured players in order 1-24..then he could just use random.org, over two sessions to distrubute 2 players to each manager for CV, an be done in very little time. Of course..it's never this simple :P