Player Performance League

Matt72

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Player Performance League

I think a combination would be more practical' date=' but people should know what they're getting themselves into.

In a Spanish forum GW, we made 12 draft rounds, with 20 managers and it took almost 2 weeks.

I'd suggest 6 draft rounds tops.

We could begin and end in the 1st, so it should be fair to everyone.

If I were you Matt, I'd determine time intervals (30 minute maximum for each one). The different time zone argument is not valid imo. If people make a list of their favoured players for each round or couple of rounds and send it to you, we can get this done quickly.

A person, who doesn't answer on time or provide a player list, should lose their turn. They would only choose the player from their lost round, when it's their turn again, in the next draft round.

A person can choose a player, before their time interval (as long as it's their turn), in order to speed up the process.

This is basically what we do in the Spanish forum and it works nicely.

Cheers![/quote']

So you basically mean go from manager 1 through to 16 and they all get a pick then 16 goes first down to 1 and so on and so forth for 6 picks each?

I personally think an easier way is to list 16 keepers and draw them by random.org then the same with defenders x 2 then midfielders x 2 and forwards x 2. Managers will have the chance to swap if they so require.

It is becoming over complicated and will be time consuming regardless. This is best way forward in my opinion and much quicker. Yes it takes that choice out of managers hands but it will only be for 7 players.

Then it will be an open transfer market.

So you basically mean go from manager 1 through to 16 and they all get a pick then 16 goes first down to 1 and so on and so forth for 6 picks each?

I personally think an easier way is to list 16 keepers and draw them by random.org then the same with defenders x 2 then midfielders x 2 and forwards x 2. Managers will have the chance to swap if they so require.

It is becoming over complicated and will be time consuming regardless. This is best way forward in my opinion and much quicker. Yes it takes that choice out of managers hands but it will only be for 7 players.

Then it will be an open transfer market.

Alright Matt, as long as we get to swap players, I'm okay with it. :)

its not random then! :rolleyes:

It is random though. If 6 players are drawn by random.org then that is random is it not?

Thing is draft process will take way to long' date=' this way at least 6 players can be done by random.org with the option for players to swap if they do so. I will try and pick players all of the same rating (bar the keepers of course.)

Then the second part can be done by draft for perhaps 5 players thus meaning 11 players for CV.

Finally a free for all. This should speed up the process while also using all the options available regarding player purchases.

As I have said you can't keep everyone happy all of the time so this is my final stance on this.[/font']

It is random though. If 6 players are drawn by random.org then that is random is it not?

Thing is draft process will take way to long' date=' this way at least 6 players can be done by random.org with the option for players to swap if they do so. I will try and pick players all of the same rating (bar the keepers of course.)

Then the second part can be done by draft for perhaps 5 players thus meaning 11 players for CV.

Finally a free for all. This should speed up the process while also using all the options available regarding player purchases.

As I have said you can't keep everyone happy all of the time so this is my final stance on this.[/font']

not if you can swap the player you get? Dont agree with that, but its your GW and i look forward it starting:cool:

For the record i wont be swapping anyone:D

not if you can swap the player you get? Dont agree with that' date=' but its your GW and i look forward it starting:cool:

For the record i wont be swapping anyone:D[/quote']

There will be no swapping since we are distributing players using three different ways.

Archived