Sign in to follow this  
ashtini

Game of Thrones (includes spoilers)

Re: Game of Thrones (includes spoilers)

I know the title says includes spoilers' date=' but please can people avoid posting spoilers from episodes that haven't been broadcast yet?[/b']

Thought tonight's one was a little dull as it was clearly setting the scene all over the place but great to see it return. Already pretty different from the books too.

Agree with Stuart here, If you go ahead and download them illegally then fine but don't ruin it for others because you are jumping ahead.

Any post doing so should be removed as it hasn't even been broadcast yet.

Can anyone PM me a link to where I can start watching this. Been meaning to start for months but never got round to it.

http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/game-of-thrones

http://www.solarmovie.is/tv/game-of-thrones-2011/

Has lots of links, i find the Vshare and Vidbull links to be the best, followed by thevideo.me and Vodlocker, Vodlocker is always a safe choice if the other ones dont work, though i found it to have a slightly more pixelated quality compared to the other links i mentioned, so keep Vod as a last resort.

Though i guess you can try multiple links and see the ones that work best for you, you might find youself confortable with other links, and there are plenty in the sites i linked you.

Enjoy!

The increasing trend of unnecessary violent behavior towards women purely for shock purposes is a bit ridiculous. Not happy with this season at all. The scenes with those ninja warriors are up there with the worst acting I've scene on TV.

Best episode of the season so far tonight and by some margin. Looks promising for the last episodes too, especially in the North.

Understand that they've felt the need to go at a faster pace than the books but I do feel they're taking it a bit quickly. The cinematography hasn't been nearly as good this season as in previous.

*spoiler and predictions alert, im gona spoil some stuff from S5 Ep7... You've been warned*

What an incredible Episode this was! Equivalent to the Episode 9 of previous seasons (if you know what i mean >.<, which you should since you are also watching season 5 haha). Definetly a couple of things im curious about. First of all the fact the Jon Snow's sword stood up to the necromantic undead lance and instantly killed the super white walker. I guess that sword was created using a mix of dragon glass and metal, sort of a one of a kind sword made for the true leader, Lotr style. I also love the dynamic with the undead king,they went with the most terrifying and (imo) perfect way, just pure silence, raised his arms, and let the surround speak for him, definetly one of the most mentally terrifying moments that have ever happened on the show (for a character to witness and grasp the concept of what just happened and what his enemy is capable of). We also now seem to know that Undead is afraid of water (duh... xD, it would've been complete dominance and omnipotente if they also could pull of a Pirates of the Caribbean, you know, undead walking at the bottom of the sea) so theres a weakness to exploit. It is obvious the army of the dead cannot be beaten with just military forces, since, no matter how much you fight them, they will always grow in number, instantly. Thats where i think Bran's path will meet its end, as in Bran's ultimate goal/power will be Magic that can hurt significantly the Undead. Plus i think another weakness that the undead will have is that: cut the main head and the rest will fall. So kill the King and the Undead are no more (just predictions, nothing more).

As much as i loved this episode there are a couple of negative things. First of all, the whole Jora-Tyrion-Khaleesi drama triangle, i was still ok with the tyrion-khaleesi scenes, which definetly werent the highlight of the episode, but Jora just made me really cringe, i understand he loves and is loyal to the death to Khaleesi, but to act just like a trained dog allthe while and trowing away all pride and even going back to being a slave just for the hope that she would then forgive him is just bare stupid, especially if you consider his background and what honor and pride means to a man of his stand.

Another thing i didnt like was the incredibly 'perfect' timing of the undead attack, dont get me wrong, i was definetly surprised that it happened, was not expecting it at all, but to attack at the exact moment when the wildlings are embarking onto the ships and are divided among those who are going and those who still believe its a trap, just to make sure all wildlings (that survived) unanimously united with jon and the nightswatch, felt like a plot device. In this case i will just choose to look at the bright side, and see it as "The undead somehow knew (a necromancer maybe?) the wildlings were contemplating to leave and so went all-in in this attack to gather as many new soldiers as they could before the wildlings completely left"

Considering the negatives and the positives, i would definetly give this episode an 8/10. The action was just incredible along with the whole Nightswatch/wildlings storyline, the rest reflected the current season, which i found to be weaker than all previous seasons, but that second half of the episode just made me forget about all the flaws of the season, even if just for 25 minutes.

First of all the fact the Jon Snow's sword stood up to the necromantic undead lance and instantly killed the super white walker. I guess that sword was created using a mix of dragon glass and metal' date=' sort of a one of a kind sword made for the true leader, Lotr style. [/quote']

Jon's sword is made of Valyrian steel - like his dad's was

Ned Starks sword, Ice, was also Valyrian steel. After Robb Stark was killed, Tywin Lannister had the sword melted down into two smaller swords. One was given to Jaime Lannister, who passed it on to Brienne of Tarth. Brienne named the sword Oathkeeper. The other was given to Joffrey Baratheon, who named it Widows Wail. Upon Joffreys death, the sword was passed on to his brother, Tommen. House Tarly, the house of Samwell Tarly, has Heartsbane. House Corbray, a house in service to the Vale, has Lady Forlorn. The dagger used by the assassin who tried to kill Bran in Season 1 was also Valyrian steel. It belonged to Petyr Baelish, though he claims he lost it to Tyrion Lannister in a bet before the assassination.'

EDIT: so are you noticing the pattern - Valyrian steel(aka dragon's steel) & Dragons glass kill the white walkers - and unless the bodies of the dead are burned during battle(like a dragon could easily do) they will rise up on the dark side

also remem

Jon's sword is made of Valyrian steel - like his dad's was

Ned Starks sword' date=' Ice, was also Valyrian steel. After Robb Stark was killed, Tywin Lannister had the sword melted down into two smaller swords. One was given to Jaime Lannister, who passed it on to Brienne of Tarth. Brienne named the sword Oathkeeper. The other was given to Joffrey Baratheon, who named it Widows Wail. Upon Joffreys death, the sword was passed on to his brother, Tommen. House Tarly, the house of Samwell Tarly, has Heartsbane. House Corbray, a house in service to the Vale, has Lady Forlorn. The dagger used by the assassin who tried to kill Bran in Season 1 was also Valyrian steel. It belonged to Petyr Baelish, though he claims he lost it to Tyrion Lannister in a bet before the assassination.'

EDIT: so are you noticing the pattern - Valyrian steel(aka dragon's steel) & Dragons glass kill the white walkers - and unless the bodies of the dead are burned during battle(like a dragon could easily do) they will rise up on the dark side[/quote']

Lots of really nice information right here >.<. Tbf when i made the post it was like 4am and i was too tired to actually make any logical sense >.<.

But yea, most of the stuff you talk about is new to me (or i simply dont remember >.<). Was it mentioned in the show Jon's snow was made of valyrian steel? I mean it probably has, PS. was that sword originally owned by Aemon Targarien, or was it made specifically for the Commander of the watch?

I also totally erased out of my memory that this steel is also known as Dragon steel, obviously i would've made 2+2 and added it up all together, though im not too far off, technically speaking Dragons kinda are a magical/mythological creatures, so the idea of beating the undead with magic is still as strong imo, and Bran is still going to have a main role there aswell imo >.>, cant hope to beat a whole army with just 3 mostly untamed dragons

Thinking about it i also remember the Dagger, well, the part where Baelish, as you said, claims he lost a bet to tyrion and gave him the dagger.

I also remember someone from the lannisters mentioning all kings have always had the best sword, made out of the best materials, which is Valyrian Steel.

Oathkeeper and Widow's tail are part of that 'collection'. Everything else you mentioned is new to me, so its either info from the book (i dont mind at all info like this when shared, it actually adds more depth to the tv show), either i just completely forgot about it being mentioned on the show >.<

Anyway thanks for the clear up, the whole sword thing actually makes alot more sense now :)

Lots of really nice information right here >.<. Tbf when i made the post it was like 4am and i was too tired to actually make any logical sense >.<.

But yea' date=' most of the stuff you talk about is new to me (or i simply dont remember >.<). Was it mentioned in the show Jon's snow was made of valyrian steel? I mean it probably has, PS. was that sword originally owned by Aemon Targarien, or was it made specifically for the Commander of the watch?

I also totally erased out of my memory that this steel is also known as Dragon steel, obviously i would've made 2+2 and added it up all together, though im not too far off, technically speaking Dragons kinda are a magical/mythological creatures, so the idea of beating the undead with magic is still as strong imo, and Bran is still going to have a main role there aswell imo >.>, cant hope to beat a whole army with just 3 mostly untamed dragons

Thinking about it i also remember the Dagger, well, the part where Baelish, as you said, claims he lost a bet to tyrion and gave him the dagger.

I also remember someone from the lannisters mentioning all kings have always had the best sword, made out of the best materials, which is Valyrian Steel.

Oathkeeper and Widow's tail are part of that 'collection'. Everything else you mentioned is new to me, so its either info from the book (i dont mind at all info like this when shared, it actually adds more depth to the tv show), either i just completely forgot about it being mentioned on the show >.<

Anyway thanks for the clear up, the whole sword thing actually makes alot more sense now :)[/quote']

Jon received his sword from the then Commander Mormont. Longclaw was his house's sword and is, as Sean mentioned, made of Valyrian steel. Mormont gave it to Jon because he didn't have an heir to pass it down to (or at least one he wanted to hand it down to, with Jorah disgraced from Westeros across the narrow sea).

Wow' date=' just lost a tonne of respect for Stannis, just wow..

Tyrion has now just realized how B.A. Dany is as well. [/quote']

respect? Id call it all but respect, everything he's done to make him a likeable character so far has become null in just one episode. What he's done is inhumane.

Ps Also, this episode was quite focused on children being used in various ways >.>, courageous tv id say, seeing how easely people get butthurt, especially when we touch onto taboo stuff with kids and animals.

Gotta say though, the Jon Snow saga has been by far the best this season. The Khaleesione has been kinda meh, along with the lannister one.

I was definetly expecting more from the Martell side aswell, by how it was getting hyped up for season 5, i found myself really disappointed, since we basically saw Oberyns daughters just once in a minute fight scene that ended in basically nothing.

Since next is the final episode, i kinda expect to see Bran at the very end, showcasing what he's been doing all this time or maybe setting up something for next season to follow up.

What i found very underplayed was the fact that' date=' right at the end, Daenaerys rode off, leaving her friends in deep trouble - there were still a lot of Sons of the Harpy in the arena when she left....[/b']

I dont think she rode off, i think that next episode will see her coming back, atop the Dragon, to fight the SotH

I mean, there are just too many SotH for Tyrion & Co. to fight off, and i doubt the rest of Daenerys army will be there (especially since the entrance's were locked), so the only logical way to save her friends, is for her to come back with the dragon and make some harpy bbq

I could also imagine her leaving the battlefield to go and free the other 2 ddragons

respect? Id call it all but respect' date=' everything he's done to make him a likeable character so far has become null in just one episode. What he's done is inhumane.

[/quote']

That's what I was saying, I think you've misread :P

I dont think she rode off' date=' i think that next episode will see her coming back, atop the Dragon, to fight the SotH

I mean, there are just too many SotH for Tyrion & Co. to fight off, and i doubt the rest of Daenerys army will be there (especially since the entrance's were locked), so the only logical way to save her friends, is for her to come back with the dragon and make some harpy bbq

I could also imagine her leaving the battlefield to go and free the other 2 ddragons[/quote']

we'll find out next week I suppose - but I personally got the impression she was flying away. and if she was going for the other dragon, by the time she got there, unchained them, got them out, and remounted drogon, before returning to the Arena, it would probably be too late- wouldnt be surprised to see just tyrion, and maybe jorah escape

I really hope Lady Melisandre will spark up some of her dark magic and bring Jon back, but I doubt it... Don't really know who I want on the throne, guess as much as I hate what he done to his daughter, I'll still go for Stannis, if he's even alive lol. If not.. then I want Tommen to keep his place :P

Also.. wth happened to the Greyjoy's?

What an End to the season! Defo wanst expecting Jon Snow to get the game of Thrones treatment, though i find it hard that he will stay dead, i've read that in the books it is also unclear whether he is dead or not, since the current books pretty much end on the same timeline as Jon's arc, so i guess we will find out next season. As i said i dont think he will stay dead, i definetly think he will still be an important character, especially since he's the only one who got a real connection with the Walker's king. Also i dont think Melisandre's arrival is a coincidence (show wise) i definetly think she will have a major part in his ressurrection/healing. The thing im curious about the most is wheter he will comeback as himself, or if it will be a Kal Drogo type scenario, where something else awakens.

Though this is definetly a major shock impact scene, the kind where we will see youtube flooded with reaction videos xD

By far the best arc of this season, hands down.

The Khaleesi arc took an interesting turn, finally she has to do something for herself to survive instead of just relying on her unsulleid army, she was starting to become such a one-dimensional charactaer, hope this changes next seaon.

Didnt really care for Cercei's arc though, i also did not like the blatant body doubles with Cercei's digitally added face on it, as someone who studies vfx, the way it was done really bothered me (for example in Cap America it was done wonderfully, caps face on the tiny body), but i understand that Lena wont go full frontal nude, though the effect imo could've been done better.

Best thing about the tyrion arc is definetly Varys imo, i just think he's such a cool character, lately the only Tyrion discussions i enjoy are the ones between him and Varys.

The Jaime arc was meh, i just knew that the kid was going to die, and when Oberyns gf kissed her farewell, it was so obvious (to me at least) that she was poisoning her.

I found the Arya arc enjoyable, and i found the ending of her arc very intriguing, im definetly curious to see whats next for her, oh and btw, her 'action' scene was quite awesome aswell.

Definetly didnt expect Stannis to end up like this in such a short amount of time, though it does make sense, seeing how he just didnt see reason and just went marching on, a pity really, i feel like he was one of the few 'old school' rulers left around. I do think Stannis is done for on GoT.

The sansa ending was also kind of meh, if that hand holding and leap of faith had to mean something, i certanly didnt get it. One moment Reek is completely loyal to the Boltons, the other he kills the dudes lover and runs with Sansa. Understandable, yes, but definetly not much in line with the character Reek has become. It would've made more sense for Reek to stay and 'atone' for his sin (which i would guess he could've lied to avoid pain and suffering and say Sansa pushed the girl) rather than run away, but im just nitpicking here really.

All in all, definetly the weakest season of all, in my opinion, if not for the awesome Jon arc and the last couple of episodes, it would've been probably not enough even for a 6. Though the Jon arc was a solid 9.

So ill go inbetween and give it a 7/10 overall.

I'll be waiting for season 6, im curious to see what they will do, also i hope to see Bran finally come back and update on what hes been upto. Also, im curious to see whats going to happen to Jon Snow, i've read articles speculating he might come back throught his wolf, or that he might come back as a ghost embodying someone elses body (changing the actor basically), ive also read that (like i speculated) he might be brought back with the aid of Melisandre, who just randomly shows up the very day Jon gets wacked. Definetly interested to see if the Jon thing will be dealt straight away at the very beginning, or if the showrussers will take their time and maybe get back to him (if he is coming back) at like half or end season, or maybe even S7.

Kit Harrington has already stated he won't be there for next season,I believe he's doing films/other projects so don't get excited about a Jon snow resurrection.

To say something about the cgi scene involving the walk of shame, I believe she was pregnant at the time hence the body double.