big weekend for england & Mclaren

Re: big weekend for england & Mclaren

England Squad:

GK- Robinson, Carson, James... No surprises

DEF - P Neville, Campbell, Richards, Brown, Lescott, Shorey, Bridge, A Cole Which 2 will get centre with no terry or ferdinand??

MID - Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Bentley, Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Barry, J Cole, Downing, Young Actually looks like a good team!!

FOR - Smith, Crouch, Defoe, Owen.... Quite frankly... HELP!!!

My predicted first XI are:

Robinson

Richards Campbell Lescott A Cole

Beckham Gerrard Barry J Cole

Crouch Owen

We play Austria (away Friendly) a week today and Croatia (Home Euro) on Wednesday 21st November.

And i have tickets for the 2 games :P

TBH I don't think England will qualify, we need Israel to get something from Russia, then we have to beat Croatia who are top. If we don't qualify I cant see Mclaren staying on past next summer!

why does this man insist on playing david beckham??

these days, every time i watch him play he does very little, and at international level, for a team like england who posses some very talented footballers, being good at set pieces is not enough to warrant a place in the team. plus he has been injured for a while, plays in a poor standard of league, and is clearly well past his best :eek: .

why not play shaun wright phillips, who had a stormer against wigan last weekend, and has put in some great performances for england recently. if not, what does agbonlahor have to do to be recognised? pure pace, and dribbling ability would cause havoc against teams like austria and croatia, and he would striker fear into opposition defenders, like he does week in week out for villa in the premiership.

the other players in the england team should stay the same, and i think sol campbell and someone pacy next to him would do the job at CB. remember england fans, its not over till the fat lady sings :D (or unless russia beat isreal lol)

Good points there i agree with them

also id prefer walcott at right mid!:eek:

why not? B)

Prob because his only like 17 or 18, physically and mentally not ready to play in a competition like this, the only reason he only ever made the World Cup Squad was because David Dein was in the player selecting committee and the Chairman of Arsenal at the time!

Beckham on the other hand is great, reliable, maybe old but I don't know why people are criticising him :confused: IMO his done great for England through the last few games his played before he got injured :rolleyes: He was on form against Brazil and he will most probably play against Austria and Croatia.

To be honest I cant see how the team have managed to fail this badly, the players, even in the 2nd string eleven should still have the quality to see us thorugh the group we had, Drawing at home to Macedonia was a disgrace, and the way we have been playing in some of the games, doesnt warrant a qualification spot, Mclaren should have never had the position in the 1st place, we need some one with a big heart for the job, and someone who isnt afraid to drop players when they are playing badly, also If a new man is to come in, I'm sure the fans want to see fast flowing football, like all the teams play in the premiership, not the pansying about seen in some games!

Guest lola-1988

I dont have much faith in our team

no offense but austria???

Dont think we'll qualify and we dont deserve it!

Hope we can sort it out i feel players like abonlaghor deserve a shout!

Not that I really care about England's performances me being a Scotland/Ireland supporter but I always have found England to play boring football which is crazy due to the players that are available and I never like most people thought or could believe they appointed McClaren when there were obviously better managers willing to take the post (Big Sam) for instance but in my opinion the man they should have appointed was Martin O'neil the great!

Anyway...... O Flower of Scotland,

When will we see

Yer like again,

That fought and died for,

Yer wee bit Hill and Glen,

And stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

The Hills are bare now,

And Autumn leaves

lie thick and still,

O'er land that is lost now,

Which those so dearly held,

That stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

Those days are past now,

And in the past

they must remain,

But we can still rise now,

And be the nation again,

That stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

O Flower of Scotland,

When will we see

Yer like again,

That fought and died for,

Yer wee bit Hill and Glen,

And stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

Come on Scotland all you England supporters should get behind the team :D

Not that I really care about England' date='

Come on Scotland all you England supporters should get behind the team :D[/quote']

A Scottish fitba supporter told an English dog lover, "My dug watches all the Scotland games. When we lose it makes more noice than the all us Scottish windbags put together , if we draw it actually jumps up and doon and claps its wee paws.

When we win it performs even better and somersaults."

"Yer Kiddin me right? How many somersaults?" asked the impressed English dog lover.

The Fitba fan replied, "depends how often I kick it...";)