TACTICS, do you agree with the new?

nazty

TACTICS, do you agree with the new?  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Re: TACTICS, do you agree with the new?

Absolutely love this improvement.

In my opinion the tactics page and formations were always something that lacked a bit of depth and looked and handled quite basic compared to the fact that the rest of the game was very in depth and detailed, so this in my eyes is a very welcomed improvement. Dragging and dropping players is very neat, and hopefully this improvement will solve a lot of the missing/duplicate player problems, as only the starting 11 and subs have numbers. But we shall wait and see on that :rolleyes:

Just waiting on improved subs and advanced tactics/formations now. But aesthetically, I think it is spot on. ;)

yuk dont like the new tactics page. page dosnt tell me which players are injured. also there seems to be gaps in the lists of players down the right side of the screen. changing team was faster using the old method where you could just set the numbers then press update.

i think the new face of it looks great' date=' and i big thanks to the SM team for implementing it :)

however, for swapping players around into the starting XI etc, i seem to find this hard, and i dont have the nack of this.

anyone got any tips ?[/quote']

I found that pretty annoying too. Only way I was able to do it was swap the players as subs and then put them back. Not very user friendly.

However on the plus side a little tip for you all which I have found.

On the tactics page if you move a GK to the top of your non starting XI or subs. i.e your squad players. Now click on 'Confirm Team Selection', once saved click on your browser back one page button. In Firefox it is a back arrow in the top left corner. Now click on the tactics page as normal.

If everything works OK, your squad will be in position order. Ie. GK, D, M, F etc. Its not perfect and gets confused on RB, CB etc. But is so much easier to find a sub player to cover injury/suspension.

Any problems let me know.

Disagree. Drag and drop allows me to really quickly assemble my team instead of refreshing the page putting one player there and the other in another area' date=' and then waiting for the page to load again. This is much faster and more convenient.[/quote']

With the old system you could just select your formation, put the relevant numbers next to the right players and click confirm.

Now I have to drag the mouse all over the shop....certainly more room for error :D

I can see how it could annoy certain users however i love it.

It allows people to test and experiment more witht he formations and squad players.

There's only one more thing that i really want on the tactics page and that is to have the option of wether youth players shwo up on it or not,or a tab to make them disappear until needed.I say this because i have accumulated some large youth squads-mostly consisting of players that i do'nt really need to see when picking my team-the pjanics and lulinhas.

This means it's hard to find my players in botht he old and new systems.

It's a thumbs up from me !!!!:D

however' date=' for swapping players around into the starting XI etc, i seem to find this hard, and i dont have the nack of this.

anyone got any tips ?[/quote']

If you put your mouse over the player name on the pitch the mouse icon should change to a move icon. You should then be able to drag the player onto another shirt.

To all having difficulty dropping players, you need to drop a player onto a shirt. :)

Nothing wrong with a little change. All who voted for No will see this in time and wish they could change thier votes to Yes

Agree to early really for a poll vote ,even though i voted yes .

Must give time to get used to it etc ,but fundamentally i think it will be well liked.:) .

Im happy with most of it, but my youth squad doesn't appear on the tactics page. I'd like SM to keep the youth squad on the tactics page in another colour like before. Now, when i want to play my youths i have to send thm to the senior squad which i find extra. I would like that bit to change. ;)

can anyone help me with this thing??

im not criticising it at all, but ever since it cam out ive been finding it so hard to use! i also need to change players who are suspended etc, so im getting desperate!

i have an apple IMAC computer with no right click, and im wondering if this has anything to do with it??

i also find it **** to get players with longer names onto the positions :confused:

can anyone help me with this thing??

im not criticising it at all' date=' but ever since it cam out ive been finding it so hard to use! i also need to change players who are suspended etc, so im getting desperate!

i have an apple IMAC computer with no right click, and im wondering if this has anything to do with it??

i also find it **** to get players with longer names onto the positions :confused:[/quote']

Not sure m8 i have done my tactics for tonight already as i am going out today and it has worked well for me. Everytime i wanted the player to go into a position he went there and i had no problems. I found it a lot quicker as well to change stuff and it certanally looks a lot better than before.

I can't imagine it would have nothing to do with not having a right click because when i was doing my tactics i didn't use it once. Just keep trying m8.

I would just like to say well done to SM as i really enjoy this new improvment. ;)