Steven

New Improvements

Re: New Improvements

The layouts have got worse each time.

I may printscreen to show how awful it is for me. Everything is crammed and there are things overlapping.

You have to scroll the news feed to check important stuff..while a clubs list is deemed just as important?

I was annoyed with previous "improvements" but this could force me to quit.

I think the league table is for too large/wide, there's too much empty space from where the team name is to games played, GD and points.

Mini Schedule/Club Transfers also take far too much space, and do not serve that much importance in the game compared to news feed, which for me is very important. Like Allan mentioned it's a great tool for banter, and it's now beeing squeezed to a tiny scroll down box, it will take away from the whole experience of posting there.

I think swapping the Mini Schedule/Club Transfers with the News Feed, would be alright, and narrowing the table a little bit too.

I think the league table is for too large/wide' date=' there's too much empty space from where the team name is to games played, GD and points.

Mini Schedule/Club Transfers also take far too much space, and do not serve that much importance in the game compared to news feed, which for me is very important. Like Allan mentioned it's a great tool for banter, and it's now beeing squeezed to a tiny scroll down box, it will take away from the whole experience of posting there.

I think swapping the Mini Schedule/Club Transfers with the News Feed, would be alright, and narrowing the table a little bit too.[/quote']

Agree here, News feed for me has more importance than the mini schedule, transfers and league table, therefore should have more screen allocation.

In busy GWs, when you get masses of news/postings, it would mean a lot of scrolling if you wish to read up on it all.

Many thanks to everyone who has took the time to provide feedback regarding the new design. I won't go into the reasons for this change as this already has been explained within the Game Update and opening post. However, I will pass on your valuable feedback to the development team.

If you are experiencing any problems re the new design, could you please report it in-game as a bug and the development team will then look into your problem.

We have also made several changes, not just to the design. One of them is one that our community has been asking for for some time, improvements to the SMFA. So that the opening post doesn't get lost amongst all of your feedback re the new design, i'll repost it once again:

We have introduced a new layout to Soccer Manager that uses media queries. What does this mean? It means that Soccer Manager now adapts to your screen resolution and therefore gives you a better experience. Why have we made this change? Apart from providing a better user experience we also want to take advantage of the full width of the page but most importantly so that the Multiplayer looks the same as the forthcoming Single Player game.

Soccer Manager Single Player is still under development and we are giving you the chance to access the new game before anyone else or even become part of it. Does this interest you? Then please visit the Single Player tab for full details.

Over the past few months we have listened to our communities feedback regarding the SMFA. Along with this feedback we have also analysed the reports that have come in in great detail. Due to this we have made numerous changes to the SMFA that will address the concerns that our community has raised and it will also by more dynamic and tailored to specific Game Worlds as we understand that each one is different.

We have also listened to our communities feedback after we asked you "What you would like to see given back to you for your loyalty?" and we are happy to say that you will now receive additional club slots dependent on how long you have been playing Soccer Manager. This means that when your SM Reputation hits 60 you will receive an additional club slot and then an additional one when it hits 100.

In Upgrades we have removed Boku as one of the payment options. You can still pay with your mobile / cell phone but this will be via iTunes or Google Play via the Soccer Manager app.

As we as rewarding managers for their loyalty by giving you additional Club Slots, we are also thanking you by having a sale in Upgrades. This means that everything (bar SM Credits) are currently half price.

also just tried doing some transfers, the transfers page as in the part that shows who you are bidding for needs looking at the info that you/they have tried to fit on the page(or the space allocated) isn't big enough and its led to a falling stairs scenario much like if i started typing like this

just

for

display

purposes.

looks really

messy and

very bad.

only way to fix it i can see is either show less info regarding that section or find a way to obviously shift the page display around abit so it doesn't look so uncomfortable

just decided to view a match report to see how much that had been changed/or not, firstly it opens up in a smaller window than before which is fine but doesn't have an option to enlarge it(that i could see) but the most annoying thing i found with it is it changes sizes(the actual window size) dependant on how much text is been shown on the report, so basically just tried watching one and was more distracted by the constant frame size change every few seconds more than what was actually been printed out,

don't really know what to offer as a solution to this but i'm guessing this is a side product of trying to use this "full screen" showing approach, sure it will get ironed out but seriously its godawful trying to watch a match at the moment

Another pointless and wasteful game update.

Why oh why you keep tinkering with the interface I have no idea' date=' there

are adverts all over the screen and now even more advertisement to buy gold memberships etc, far to busy and looks very tacky.

Losing patience with this game.[/quote']

he explained why right in the post there, try to read mate. Also there are some great updates coming, so I'll have to assume that you haven't been reading these posts.

Personally, the interface is a bit confusing, can we no longer view another team's last fixture? this will make it more difficult to plan my tactics for certain teams. Also, some places seem to overlap in the top right corner. And some things are jumbled. I use 1024 x 800 or something like that.

Otherwise, i'm excited for the other updates.

I'd like to endorse the point made about the text being too small to read without suffering eye strain.

I previously adjusted my laptop's screen zoom level to 125% to play in relative comfort but the new layout prevents this due to overlap.

Headaches aplenty for me (and others, I suspect) if this cannot be addressed... :(

A second irritation is the upcoming matches calendar - why only four days in view? There's space in that grey panel for about 2 weeks.

Come on, SM...

he explained why right in the post there' date=' try to read mate. Also there are some great updates coming, so I'll have to assume that you haven't been reading these posts.

Personally,[b'] the interface is a bit confusing, can we no longer view another team's last fixture?[/b] this will make it more difficult to plan my tactics for certain teams. Also, some places seem to overlap in the top right corner. And some things are jumbled. I use 1024 x 800 or something like that.

Otherwise, i'm excited for the other updates.

on the tactics page mate where you have the three tabs on the left of the screen which say "match day squad" ingame instructions" & "match information"

click on the "match information" tab and you'll find what i think your after

I'd like to endorse the point made about the text being too small to read without suffering eye strain.

I previously adjusted my laptop's screen zoom level to 125% to play in relative comfort but the new layout prevents this due to overlap.

Headaches aplenty for me (and others' date=' I suspect) if this cannot be addressed... :(

A second irritation is the upcoming matches calendar - why only four days in view? There's space in that grey panel for about 2 weeks.

Come on, SM...[/quote']

I'm only getting 2 days on my calendar?

Many thanks to everyone who has took the time to provide feedback regarding the new design. I won't go into the reasons for this change as this already has been explained within the Game Update and opening post. However' date=' I will pass on your valuable feedback to the development team.

If you are experiencing any problems re the new design, could you please report it in-game as a bug and the development team will then look into your problem.

We have also made several changes, not just to the design. One of them is one that our community has been asking for for some time, improvements to the SMFA. So that the opening post doesn't get lost amongst all of your feedback re the new design, i'll repost it once again:

As we as rewarding managers for their loyalty by giving you additional Club Slots, we are also thanking you by having a sale in Upgrades. This means that everything (bar SM Credits) are currently half price.

How can i pay with the phone I realy dont get how ?

O blimey! This new layout ssssucks! yuck yuck yuck! It's horrible! But I only ask for one thing, that whenever SM is pushing a UI update, they should make it possible for one to stick to the previous theme. Where the calendar is suppose to be, for example, is off by 1000s of pixels! Are the developers doing hot-editing, that is, modifying the CSS and stuff live? Why didn't they see that?! Please, I beg you, let me go back to the previous UI which was clean and simple. Otherwise SM should make it possible to write our own custom stylesheets and stuff. This new UI I certainly dislike! Too many scrollbars, and they are everywhere!!! Why why why??? Also the league table shouldn't be readily visible before viewing the match. C'mon, you guys can do far better than this!!!

When you want to watch your match and press view match ! The league table is there next to it. You know if you won or lost before you view it. That needs changing

Got to agree with this .the new layout means that watching the match play out in match centre is now pointless as you can't stop yourself from seeing the league table first and knowing the result. Also the downgrading of the news feed is poor.

In Upgrades we have removed Boku as one of the payment options. You can still pay with your mobile / cell phone but this will be via iTunes or Google Play via the Soccer Manager app.

I have a blackberry z10 , how can i pay via google play or Itunes???? Anybody knows how?

We have introduced a new layout to Soccer Manager that uses media queries. What does this mean? It means that Soccer Manager now adapts to your screen resolution and therefore gives you a better experience. Why have we made this change? Apart from providing a better user experience we also want to take advantage of the full width of the page but most importantly so that the Multiplayer looks the same as the forthcoming Single Player game.

Soccer Manager Single Player is still under development and we are giving you the chance to access the new game before anyone else or even become part of it. Does this interest you? Then please visit the Single Player tab for full details.

Over the past few months we have listened to our communities feedback regarding the SMFA. Along with this feedback we have also analysed the reports that have come in in great detail. Due to this we have made numerous changes to the SMFA that will address the concerns that our community has raised and it will also by more dynamic and tailored to specific Game Worlds as we understand that each one is different.

We have also listened to our communities feedback after we asked you "What you would like to see given back to you for your loyalty?" and we are happy to say that you will now receive additional club slots dependent on how long you have been playing Soccer Manager. This means that when your SM Reputation hits 60 you will receive an additional club slot and then an additional one when it hits 100.

The new layout :

*being able to see the league table before you watch the scorecentre means it will be a case of having to try and get your hand up quickly when you load in so as you can try to cover the league table as not to notice how your result has went.Badly placed and needs moved or the scorecentre becomes irrelevant.

*Watching on the scorecentre as it expands and contracts in size as the game goes on is distracting and could do with being fixed.

* Instead of the advert banner taking up three quarters of the header, I think it should be made smaller so as to give the calendar more than just an inch at the right hand side to at least let us see more games in advance as it is pointless being there just to show us the next two days.

* I am not so sure about the newsfeed being in a singular column as it is hard to read, in forum gameworlds the newsfeed sort of lets you know what is going on from deals being made, managers offering players for loan/sale etc, most of that will be missed now and I think this will take a bit of the sticky away.

Other than that the rest looks quite nice, I look forward to seeing what difference the changes to the SMFA transfer monitoring make, hopefully this will help with limiting the number of reversals.

The full page style I dislike but accept its subjective so some might like.... but the overlaps, so many scroll bars & issues like seeing the table before watching match is just amateur & shows no thought on behalf of the design team. Its bad for free users let alone those who pay for it!

Works very poorly on my iPad,

You cannot scroll the news feed,

The news feed is far too small,

if you hit the back button it constantly takes you back to the front page and not the page you were previously on.

Please sort these things it's very hard to use like this.

has anyone else noticed how slow the site has been since the downgrade? when i try to go to my connect clubs or to change teams it take likes 5to7 seconds to load' date=' checking bug reports n general site speed, just me?[/quote']

Yeah same happening me... doesn't seem to fit to screen size all that well either, icons and buttons are overlapping and is hard to use

he explained why right in the post there' date=' try to read mate. Also there are some great updates coming, so I'll have to assume that you haven't been reading these posts.

Personally, the interface is a bit confusing, can we no longer view another team's last fixture? this will make it more difficult to plan my tactics for certain teams. Also, some places seem to overlap in the top right corner. And some things are jumbled. I use 1024 x 800 or something like that.

Otherwise, i'm excited for the other updates.[/quote']

Deluded. Soccer Manager have been tinkering with the interface, changing things around for years. Done the game no good, being honest it's gone back a lot hence why a lot of managers have quit and never returned.

Right,

My 2 pence on the layout.

It's Mental. You log on and select a club and you have no idea where to look. Is it the top right, is it the top left, is it the centre bit, or the bit under the ad on the right?

Yes, it is responsive, but it keeps the Club List, visible on lower res windows. Why do you need to see this? It isn't massively important (or is it so the ad keeps showing? ) Having the league table at that side may be more useful.

The News Feed is cramped and it seems that everything is cramped in (either the sides or the top) to accomodate advertising (or blank space if people use ad blockers).

In the main section, a 2 column layout would work better. The main column (at 75% width) for your squad, player search, or other active screen, and the 25% column on the right for an advert and maybe a user selected control (if you have 3/4 choices (so player list, table, news feed etc). You could still put an ad there and at the top as I get you need to try and raise revenue.

The Silver Menu Strip looks bare on bigger screens, could you not incorporate the Top Left content in that area? You could even make the silver bar a bit taller to achieve this (and you could probably squeeze 2 adverts at the top if you did this if you really wanted)

I also think it leads to a bigger question: Could you not beta test layout changes? It seems every time there is a layout change, it happens then everyone moans. Could you get either people to test it and get views, or at least post screenshots etc to the forums so you can gauge reactions to the changes.

It does at times seem like you change the layouts without any real reason (although I am sure this isn't the case). I think it would help us out if you could give some sort of reasons as why you think this layout works?

Although I think that there are too many adverts, the idea of adding in a side column to the main view is a good one. But have a 2 column layout, the left column for the advert there just restricts what you can do and makes the site look skewed (especially as the left and right sides aren't the same width).

Jesus Christ, what have you guys done?!!! :eek:

Most of my screen is full of ads of scantily clad women on either side.

On the tactics page it doesn't even say who I'm playing against!!! Instead I have to click on the match information tab to see and view their previous games' formation.

The news feed is virtually minimal and on the previous setup I could see my forthcoming fixtures on the bar at the top - now that has become barely visible showing only the next game.

Instead theres more inpetus on showing whos been logging in. Who gives a ****, if I want to see that I'd just go to that teams page. The only team I'm concerned about is the one I'm playing against!

Terrible layout.