SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

Jamie Vardy is rated only 87' date=' I think because of current form he should be given a +1 or +2 rise.

Jaume too has been excellent for Valencia this season and is only rated 80.

Smalling too should be in the high 90's and maybe Ronaldo downgraded to 97 or 98 to separate him from the far superior Messi.

[/quote']

Vardy was given a +2 6 weeks ago. I'm a Leicester fan and he's in great form. Has been since March but to give him another off schedule increase would be unjust. I expect another +1 in the normal premiership reviews and if he continues like this and Leicester continue to do well until season end then he'll get 90. Can see us dropping down and finishing around mid table though.

Smalling high 90's and Ronaldo 97-98. Are you trolling here or serious?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By day he is a simple man, doing simple things but every now and then a hero is needed to stand up for the players who consistently rack up big minutes and don't rise. This thread is for the player

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them. It's

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating. With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly

Vardy was given a +2 6 weeks ago. I'm a Leicester fan and he's in great form. Has been since March but to give him another off schedule increase would be unjust. I expect another +1 in the normal premiership reviews and if he continues like this and Leicester continue to do well until season end then he'll get 90. Can see us dropping down and finishing around mid table though.

Smalling high 90's and Ronaldo 97-98. Are you trolling here or serious?

He's a troll, I know him well.

I will say that Smalling being on 89 is absurd, he's been our best outfield player in 2015 at United. De Gea would probably be just above him on performance level but not by much, there's a huge gap between Smalling and anyone else in our squad though.

Meanwhile there is zero justification for Rooney to retain his rating in the Winter Review. He's got 6 PL goals in 2015, to put that into perspective Odion Ighalo at Watford has scored more than Rooney and Watford got promoted this Season. I'd be tempted to give Rooney a -2 with the justification that if he rekindles his form in 2016 give him a +1 to 93. Smalling +2 to 91, Blind +1 to 91, Shaw + 2 to 90, Martial +2 to 89, Lingard +3 to 86, Pereira +4 to 82. I'd then drop Rooney down 2, drop Carrick, Fellaini and Valdes down 1.

He's a troll' date=' I know him well.

I will say that Smalling being on 89 is absurd, he's been our best outfield player in 2015 at United. De Gea would probably be just above him on performance level but not by much, there's a huge gap between Smalling and anyone else in our squad though.

Meanwhile there is zero justification for Rooney to retain his rating in the Winter Review. He's got 6 PL goals in 2015, to put that into perspective Odion Ighalo at Watford has scored more than Rooney and Watford got promoted this Season. I'd be tempted to give Rooney a -2 with the justification that if he rekindles his form in 2016 give him a +1 to 93. Smalling +2 to 91, Blind +1 to 91, Shaw + 2 to 90, Martial +2 to 89, Lingard +3 to 86, Pereira +4 to 82. I'd then drop Rooney down 2, drop Carrick, Fellaini and Valdes down 1.[/quote']

I agree to an extent. Here's my take:

Smalling +2 to 91- deserved

Martial +2 to 89- deserved

Lingard +3 to 86- deserved if he keeps up his form till winter- he has only had a few great games till now which doesn't warrant a +3 yet. Love the guy though.

Pereira +4 to 82- definitely

Shaw +2 to 90- not at all. He had a great start to the season but playing well till mid-Sept cannot get you a rise. It's a real shame as he could have gotten a rise if he hadn't gotten injured, but now he is and we'll have to wait for next season. Even a +1 would be generous. (STAY AT 88)

Blind +1 to 91- no way, he hasn't been great at the back and to put him on the same level on Smalling wouldn't be ridiculous. He's done decent enough to maybe get a rise if he wasn't on 90 already, and keeping him same as Smalling would be a travesty. (STAY AT 90)

Rooney -2 to 92- Harsh but his star has fallen a long away. I agree with your comments on this.

Carrick -1 to 91- Hasn't recreated form of last year, rotational player along with his age- drop is justified

Fellaini -1 to 90- Debatable, the guy hasn't done anything wrong so far to warrant a drop. I agree he is at a 90 level but doesn't deserve to drop now.(STAY AT 90)

Valdes -1 to 90- To be honest he could even get a drop to -2 to 89, I don't see how he deserves to keep a 90 if he hasn't been playing/been part of the squad. He'll leave in the winter, but 89 is right for him given his age and 1.5 seasons of his career lost.

Meanwhile, position change for Young is necessary to include D(RL) as well, and maybe Wilson as an F(RLC).

I agree to an extent. Here's my take:

Smalling +2 to 91- deserved

Martial +2 to 89- deserved

Lingard +3 to 86- deserved if he keeps up his form till winter- he has only had a few great games till now which doesn't warrant a +3 yet. Love the guy though.

Pereira +4 to 82- definitely

Shaw +2 to 90- not at all. He had a great start to the season but playing well till mid-Sept cannot get you a rise. It's a real shame as he could have gotten a rise if he hadn't gotten injured' date=' but now he is and we'll have to wait for next season. Even a +1 would be generous. (STAY AT 88)

Blind +1 to 91- no way, he hasn't been great at the back and to put him on the same level on Smalling wouldn't be ridiculous. He's done decent enough to maybe get a rise if he wasn't on 90 already, and keeping him same as Smalling would be a travesty. (STAY AT 90)

Rooney -2 to 92- Harsh but his star has fallen a long away. I agree with your comments on this.

Carrick -1 to 91- Hasn't recreated form of last year, rotational player along with his age- drop is justified

Fellaini -1 to 90- Debatable, the guy hasn't done anything wrong so far to warrant a drop. I agree he is at a 90 level but doesn't deserve to drop now.(STAY AT 90)

Valdes -1 to 90- To be honest he could even get a drop to -2 to 89, I don't see how he deserves to keep a 90 if he hasn't been playing/been part of the squad. He'll leave in the winter, but 89 is right for him given his age and 1.5 seasons of his career lost.

Meanwhile, position change for Young is necessary to include D(RL) as well, and maybe Wilson as an F(RLC).

[/quote']

Probably should move this over the Premiership thread! But I think it's clear that Smalling should be a 91, it's one of SM's mysteries why he's still on 89.

He's a troll' date=' I know him well.

Meanwhile there is zero justification for Rooney to retain his rating in the Winter Review. He's got 6 PL goals in 2015, to put that into perspective Odion Ighalo at Watford has scored more than Rooney and Watford got promoted this Season. I'd be tempted to give Rooney a -2 with the justification that if he rekindles his form in 2016 give him a +1 to 93. Smalling +2 to 91, Blind +1 to 91, Shaw + 2 to 90, Martial +2 to 89, Lingard +3 to 86, Pereira +4 to 82. I'd then drop Rooney down 2, drop Carrick, Fellaini and Valdes down 1.[/quote']

Nothing for Darmian??? I would have him nailed on 91, yes he's struggled for whatever reason as of late but when he's played he's been solid, very solid, regualar Italian international too, has to get a bump...

Totally agree with you on Rooney, SM have an opportunity here to show they will make the big calls when players are not doing the business for a LONG time!

Nothing for Darmian??? I would have him nailed on 91' date=' yes he's struggled for whatever reason as of late but when he's played he's been solid, very solid, regualar Italian international too, has to get a bump...

Totally agree with you on Rooney, SM have an opportunity here to show they will make the big calls when players are not doing the business for a LONG time![/quote']

He's struggled lately, to the point where Young is now starting out of position (who looked great at RB). If he manages to go through most of the season at United as first choice then I think he'll deserve his +1. He'd be then joint highest rated RB in the game (8 players currently on 91). If we're taking Internationals into account then Fellaini probably deserves to stick at 91.

Think we're all agreed that Rooney should be getting a big chop for this years awful form.

He's struggled lately' date=' to the point where Young is now starting out of position (who looked great at RB). If he manages to go through most of the season at United as first choice then I think he'll deserve his +1. He'd be then joint highest rated RB in the game (8 players currently on 91). If we're taking Internationals into account then Fellaini probably deserves to stick at 91.

Think we're all agreed that Rooney should be getting a big chop for this years awful form. [/quote']

'Joint highest RB in the game' either this is a mistake or else how SM evaluates fullbacks needs to be looked at, IMO.... It's a bit of both, why are there no 95 (+) rated fullbacks? 95ish status should not be exclusively related to attacking players, the modern fullback is a viable attacking option.

Going on the criteria you specified I agree that Darmian should not rise, but there is a bigger issue here, it seems the fullback position is not one of particular value in the eyes of SM if 91 is the cap... Disappointed if that is the case

'Joint highest RB in the game' either this is a mistake or else how SM evaluates fullbacks needs to be looked at' date=' IMO.... It's a bit of both, why are there no 95 (+) rated fullbacks? 95ish status should not be exclusively related to attacking players, the modern fullback is a viable attacking option.

Going on the criteria you specified I agree that Darmian should not rise, but there is a bigger issue here, it seems the fullback position is not one of particular value in the eyes of SM if 91 is the cap... Disappointed if that is the case[/quote']

It's Soccerwiki who do the ratings though.

I agree with this though. Even though you missed out on Lahm fullbacks are heavily underrated.

'Joint highest RB in the game' either this is a mistake or else how SM evaluates fullbacks needs to be looked at' date=' IMO.... It's a bit of both, why are there no 95 (+) rated fullbacks? 95ish status should not be exclusively related to attacking players, the modern fullback is a viable attacking option.

Going on the criteria you specified I agree that Darmian should not rise, but there is a bigger issue here, it seems the fullback position is not one of particular value in the eyes of SM if 91 is the cap... Disappointed if that is the case[/quote']

I'll be honest, not sure how I came to that conclusion, must have been the search playing up, or accidentally having a filter setup wrong. If you ignore D[RC]s and consider them as CBs more than fullbacks (you'd have another 6 listed below). then you get the following RBs that are 91+:

LAHM, Philipp - 95

AZPILICUETA, César - 92

ZABALETA, Pablo - 92

JUANFRAN, Torres - 92

ALVES, Dani - 92

BENDER, Lars - 91

CARVAJAL, Daniel - 91

CUADRADO, Juan - 91

PISZCZEK, Lukasz - 91

LICHTSTEINER, Stephan - 91

When you look at the players on 90 then perhaps he does deserve a +1. Think it would depend on how much football he plays from now till Christmas, he still keeps playing football for United then I think 91 is fair, but if he's been dropped in favour of Young or Valencia then I think him sticking at 90 would be the right thing to do.

It's Soccerwiki who do the ratings though.

I agree with this though. Even though you missed out on Lahm fullbacks are heavily underrated.

I didn't, I left him out as he is used in multiple positions, he's played a fair bit defensive midfield for both Germany and Bayern, he was the first name that came into my head but I left him out on purpose!

I'll be honest' date=' not sure how I came to that conclusion, must have been the search playing up, or accidentally having a filter setup wrong. If you ignore D[RC']s and consider them as CBs more than fullbacks (you'd have another 6 listed below). then you get the following RBs that are 91+:

LAHM, Philipp - 95

AZPILICUETA, César - 92

ZABALETA, Pablo - 92

JUANFRAN, Torres - 92

ALVES, Dani - 92

BENDER, Lars - 91

CARVAJAL, Daniel - 91

CUADRADO, Juan - 91

PISZCZEK, Lukasz - 91

LICHTSTEINER, Stephan - 91

When you look at the players on 90 then perhaps he does deserve a +1. Think it would depend on how much football he plays from now till Christmas, he still keeps playing football for United then I think 91 is fair, but if he's been dropped in favour of Young or Valencia then I think him sticking at 90 would be the right thing to do.

Out of the 10 there, Lahm plays at CDM onwards, Azpi is used more at LB, Carvajal has Danilo to contend with and Cuadrado is a winger. Darmian very well deserves 91 if he keeps up his form.

I didn't' date=' I left him out as he is used in multiple positions, he's played a fair bit defensive midfield for both Germany and Bayern, he was the first name that came into my head but I left him out on purpose![/quote']

Ah haha ok then

Out of the 10 there' date=' Lahm plays at CDM onwards, Azpi is used more at LB, Carvajal has Danilo to contend with and Cuadrado is a winger. Darmian very well deserves 91 if he keeps up his form.

Ah haha ok then[/quote']

Cuadrado started his career as a RB. I think he should keep his position because he can ever play as RB and I'd give back LB position to Bale (eliminating FW positions).

They no longer play there so i feel it should be removed

By that logic every player can play everywhere' date=' in any position[/quote']

I'm waiting for Steven to respond about this. I'm not sure if the player position is meant to be like his career position or his latest position (say last 3 seasons). The whole point of having a rating system is to provide a rating for a players current form. A player like Cuadrado last played as a RB in 2011 so therefore he was 83 rated the last time he played RB. Seems a bit silly to me that he's now 91 rated and can play RB given he's not played there in 4 years.

I'm waiting for Steven to respond about this. I'm not sure if the player position is meant to be like his career position or his latest position (say last 3 seasons). The whole point of having a rating system is to provide a rating for a players current form. A player like Cuadrado last played as a RB in 2011 so therefore he was 83 rated the last time he played RB. Seems a bit silly to me that he's now 91 rated and can play RB given he's not played there in 4 years.

Cuadrado's explosion has been when he was playing at RB at US Lecce squad. He is a complete RB/wing and I'm sure he can play very well in his old position yet. So Bale too I think that if Benitez put him at LB he would play very well. Just remember Real Madrid noticed his skills in this position. Positions should be removed if a player will play it no more. In the same way, positions should be added with very prudence: playing a (few) game(s) in a new role is not enough to get it for a player.

I tend to agree that a player's position should be something approximating a "career position" within reason.

and while I like Cuadrado a lot his explosion came when he was moved further up the pitch. he was average at RB. I would keep him as a DMR because he can and does play a full-back-y sorta role for Colombia sometimes, but not D® where he was an unremarkable player.

conversely someone like Busquets keeping his D© makes sense given his skillset and the fact that he more than likely could play if he had to (he just doesn't have to). however Xabi Alonso played there for just a handful of games last season, so I'd take it off him.

oh and also:

Smalling should have been rated 91 years ago. he and Carrick have been really hard done by. SM never gave them their due when they were boss. Carrick was easily worth a 94 rating back in 2009, but he's seemingly been 92 forever. poor guy. and Smalling... well yeah he shoulda hit 90/91 years ago, but admittedly in the intervening time has not played on a 91 level. now tho? he's gotta get that +2.

alsoalso:

criminally underrated players?

Neymar and Busquets. both should already be 96 but better get them in the next changes.

Diego Godin shoulda been 95 pushing 96 in 2013. what's the holdup?

Gimenez is still 88? that's cute. should be 90/91.

Varane is only 91 instead of, say, 92/93.

Keylor Navas is 89 despite being one of the best goalkeepers in the world in 13/14, at the world cup, and now he's a first-teamer in 15/16. should be 91/92 for sure.

oh and pretty much every LB except Marcelo. just off the top of my head Alaba and Alba should be 94.

I think Sergi Enrich of eibar is one, last rose in 2012, (currently rated 82), despite having ~6000 minutes since then, 5400 of them from his time with Numancia in the segunda divison, where he scored 10 in his first season then 16 in his second season with them, moved to eibar in the summer and has 600 minutes this season (11 apps, 6 starts) with 2 goals scored.