SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

I think Sergi Enrich of eibar is one' date=' last rose in 2012, (currently rated 82), despite having ~6000 minutes since then, 5400 of them from his time with Numancia in the segunda divison, where he scored 10 in his first season then 16 in his second season with them, moved to eibar in the summer and has 600 minutes this season (11 apps, 6 starts) with 2 goals scored.

[/quote']

Great shout, mate!

I once had Enrich, but eventually sold him, because those SW geniuses didn't give him a much deserved rise.

Anyway, I posted this next bit on another thread.

But this case is an outrage, so it belongs here.

Here it goes:

Outstanding: not even 850 minutes, this season, and Coman goes from 83 to 87!!! :eek::o

SW is a bloody joke, driven by pure hype.

A bit more than 800 minutes should grant you a rise from 83 to 85, tops.

Meanwhile, Borja Bastón was last season's Spanish 2nd division topscorer.

He scored 22 goals and had 5 assists, in a total of 3391 minutes of game time.

Now he's an indisputable starter for a Spanish 1st division club and has 6 goals in 11 matches.

4007 minutes, 28 goals and 5 assists later, he's still stuck on 83.

Just give the lad his much deserved +3, for Christ's sake! :mad:

SW is just contradictions...

EDIT: Coman's rise from 77 to 82 was also based on thin air.

He got to 87 like Óliver Torres got to 86 - playing a little bit and with a whole lot of hype. :confused:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By day he is a simple man, doing simple things but every now and then a hero is needed to stand up for the players who consistently rack up big minutes and don't rise. This thread is for the player

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them. It's

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating. With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly

Great shout' date=' mate!

I once had Enrich, but eventually sold him, because those SW geniuses didn't give him a much deserved rise.

Anyway, I posted this next bit on another thread.

But this case is an outrage, so it belongs here.

Here it goes:

Outstanding: not even 850 minutes, this season, and Coman goes from 83 to 87!!! :eek::o

SW is a bloody joke, driven by pure hype.

A bit more than 800 minutes should grant you a rise from 83 to 85, tops.

Meanwhile, Borja Bastón was last season's Spanish 2nd division topscorer.

He scored 22 goals and had 5 assists, in a total of 3391 minutes of game time.

Now he's an indisputable starter for a Spanish 1st division club and has 6 goals in 11 matches.

4007 minutes, 28 goals and 5 assists later, he's still stuck on 83.

Just give the lad his much deserved +3, for Christ's sake! :mad:

SW is just contradictions...

EDIT: Coman's rise from 77 to 82 was also based on thin air.

He got to 87 like Óliver Torres got to 86 - playing a little bit and with a whole lot of hype. :confused:

I disagree Pedro,

Firstly you say hype, others (like myself) say potential...

Also, the mins Coman has accumulated have been at top level clubs, he's shown at Bayern already that Juve made a huge mistake letting him go! The young lad has massive potential and for me players that show that sort of potential deserve an 86-87 rating, even at 19

I disagree Pedro' date='

Firstly you say hype, others (like myself) say potential...

Also, the mins Coman has accumulated have been at top level clubs, he's shown at Bayern already that Juve made a huge mistake letting him go! The young lad has massive potential and for me players that show that sort of potential deserve an 86-87 rating, even at 19[/quote']

The rise from 77 to 82 was a joke, with basically no game time.

This one is also absurd.

SW isn't consistent - they're all over the place, in terms of rating assessment criteria.

And potential must be confirmed on the pitch and not with much more than 1000 minutes of game time, mate.

If potential was a form of measurement, Bernardo Silva, Giménez, Bellerín or Ginter would already be 99... :o

Are these fantastic young talents just given the generous ratings bump to protect them price wise? Its a pretty flawed system when you can buy the likes of Bellerin or Coman for 2-3m so they need to get them quickly in the 86-88 bracket. Maybe when potential is factored in to value (which I disagree with) you will not see bumps like Coman.... Bellerin could be 90 though & I would not complain.

Are these fantastic young talents just given the generous ratings bump to protect them price wise? Its a pretty flawed system when you can buy the likes of Bellerin or Coman for 2-3m so they need to get them quickly in the 86-88 bracket. Maybe when potential is factored in to value (which I disagree with) you will not see bumps like Coman.... Bellerin could be 90 though & I would not complain.

Thing is, mate, "potential" is an incredibly relative concept.

Most of the hyped lads end up being flops, like Fredy Adu.

Do you guys remember him?

Back in the day, he was advertised as a future world beater and I don't even now where he plays now.

I get where you and tupac are coming from.

But, if double standards are to be avoided, rating assessment wise, at the end of the day SW needs to base their reviews on something palpable.

Coman's rating increase is deserved based on his performances. He makes regular minutes for (argueable) the best team in the world in every league/cup they perform in' date=' and whenever he plays there's not much difference in his performances compared to those of his 91-96 rated team mates.[/quote']

Fully agree with you!

Coman's rating increase is deserved based on his performances. He makes regular minutes for (argueable) the best team in the world in every league/cup they perform in' date=' and whenever he plays there's not much difference in his performances compared to those of his 91-96 rated team mates.[/quote']

If he played regualrly, he'd have at least 500 more minutes of game time than what he has now.

He deserved a +2, tops.

And that club argument is illogical imo.

That's why a muppet like Dante got to 93 - because, even tho he's always been rubbish, he played for Bayern.

With all due respect, if SW ALWAYS used your criteria, there'd be a bunch of 99 rated players under 25 years old by now. :)

Been quite a while since actually criminally underrated players were posted on this thread. Last two-three pages are filled with players who maybe deserve a +1/+2, or on whom reasonably minds can differ.

Just thought I'd remind everyone that while the occasional convo about all that is fine, this thread's true purpose and uniqueness comes from addressing players who somehow have been overlooked and are deserving a +3 at the very least. And the more unknown, the better.

For example:

Bart Ramselaar is arguably 10 points below where his rating should be. +8 is the minimum boost he should get.

Andrade Richarlison, 18yrs old, has nine goals in Serie B. Should get a +7 if SM is fair, though +5 is more likely.

The rise from 77 to 82 was a joke' date=' with basically no game time.

This one is also absurd.

SW isn't consistent - they're all over the place, in terms of rating assessment criteria.

And potential must be confirmed on the pitch and not with much more than 1000 minutes of game time, mate.

If potential was a form of measurement, Bernardo Silva, Giménez, Bellerín or Ginter would already be 99... :o[/quote']

So far this season Coman has almost 470 mins, 2 goals for arguable the best team on the planet... If I remember correctly he has a number of assists as well, for me breaking into one of the toughest teams on the planet to break into is worth far more than a season or two playing Spanish second division or similar and scoring a hat full of goals....

Pedro you must remember mate, Coman is doing it at the HIGHEST level club wise, there is no upward for this guy in terms of climbing to the top of the ladder in club football, he already plays for an iconic club. Other guys scoring 50 goals in second division football still need to prove themselves before even being considered for a top European club.

To keep Coman on an 83-85 rating even though he's playing for a European elite club is madness, he's rated higher than the players listed because he's a better player with a wonderful future, it's really that simple in my view, the better young talents should be rated highly,

Been quite a while since actually criminally underrated players were posted on this thread. Last two-three pages are filled with players who maybe deserve a +1/+2' date=' or on whom reasonably minds can differ.

Just thought I'd remind everyone that while the occasional convo about all that is fine, this thread's true purpose and uniqueness comes from addressing players who somehow have been overlooked and are deserving a +3 at the very least. And the more unknown, the better.

For example:

Bart Ramselaar is arguably 10 points below where his rating should be. +8 is the minimum boost he should get.

Andrade Richarlison, 18yrs old, has nine goals in Serie B. Should get a +7 if SM is fair, though +5 is more likely.[/quote']

I knew about Ramselaar and he should indeed get a mid season +8, then a +2/+3 after the season ends imo.

If he continues like this, that is.

You're being too optimistic about Richarlison tho.

Considering the Serie B has already 36 matches played, less than 1800 minutes ain't that impressive.

Nor are 9 goals for a striker.

What might help his cause is América's promotion to Serie A.

I really wouldn't give the lad more than a +5.

In the next few days I'll post a list of dozens of big risers.

I just won't do it now, as it's the 1st round of bidding in this super competitive custom GW and I don't want any freeloaders stealing my targets.

So far this season Coman has almost 470 mins' date=' 2 goals for arguable the best team on the planet... If I remember correctly he has a number of assists as well, for me breaking into one of the toughest teams on the planet to break into is worth far more than a season or two playing Spanish second division or similar and scoring a hat full of goals....

Pedro you must remember mate, Coman is doing it at the HIGHEST level club wise, there is no upward for this guy in terms of climbing to the top of the ladder in club football, he already plays for an iconic club. Other guys scoring 50 goals in second division football still need to prove themselves before even being considered for a top European club.

To keep Coman on an 83-85 rating even though he's playing for a European elite club is madness, he's rated higher than the players listed because he's a better player with a wonderful future, it's really that simple in my view, the better young talents should be rated highly,[/quote']

In some points I agree, mate.

in others, we'll have to agree to disagree. :)

Been quite a while since actually criminally underrated players were posted on this thread. Last two-three pages are filled with players who maybe deserve a +1/+2' date=' or on whom reasonably minds can differ.[/quote']

tbf the +1 from 95 to 96 is a huge step and Busquets & Neymar not getting it could constitute being criminally underrated given their talents. ;)

but no seriously, you have a point.

one could argue that Kranevitter is bordering on criminally underrated at 87, given how superb he just was in winning the Copa Libs for River (for RIVER, ffs!), securing a move to Atletico Madrid (my goodness Simeone will make a monster of him) and is now a full-on Argentina international as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  :)

SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating.

With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly +2, from 76 to 78.

With less than 900 minutes of game time this season (6 goals in the mighty Serbian league), Saponjic gets a +7, from 75 to 82.

He should have gotten a +3 and Solanke a +4.

But there's more: they obviously had to drop the oldies (Terry and Ivanovic).

Both have around 1500 minutes of game time this season.

I'm not challenging their drops, as Chelsea have been absolutely atrocious.

But how come Oscar, who has just a bit more than 1000 minutes of game time, doesn't drop as well?

And Mikel, who has 400 sth minutes?  :huh:

Or Remy (who's been a benchwarmer, since he arrived at Chelsea)?

Willian rose - I'm not challenging that, although his stats aren't amazing.

Let's see:

Willian - 1771 mins + 7 goals and 2 assists;

Mkhitaryan (at the date of his review) - 2158 mins + 14 goals and 18 assists.

The former rises from 91 to 92, the latter stays at 91!!!  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Am I living on an alternate reality here?

Aren't Chelsea a punching bag this season?

And isn't Dortmund playing awesome and somehow giving Bayern (probably the best team in the world right now) a little bit of fight for 1st place in the Bundesliga?  :confused:

To the imbeciles in charge of these reviews, lemme just say:

You're utterly incompetent, no wonder SW drives so many people away from SM!  :(

With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly +2, from 76 to 78.

With less than 900 minutes of game time this season (6 goals in the mighty Serbian league), Saponjic gets a +7, from 75 to 82.

But how come Oscar, who has just a bit more than 1000 minutes of game time, doesn't drop as well?

Let's see:

And isn't Dortmund playing awesome and somehow giving Bayern (probably the best team in the world right now) a little bit of fight for 1st place in the Bundesliga?  :confused:

You're utterly incompetent, no wonder SW drives so many people away from SM!  :(

I agree bolded words specially :lol:

Let's see:

Pedro, I agree with half and disagree with half of what you've written.

I think Solanke is being given a raw deal, should've gotten to 80 for sure, but I think it's part of SM's new policy to raise players, even youngsters, slowly. Despite that, 80 was the right raise at a minimum imo.

Nevertheless, I think Saponjic was fine, probably a little generous by +2, but hard to say he didn't deserve; as someone else mentioned, he was an absolute star at the U20 World Cup, which Serbia won. People here don't seem to value these international competitions, but for kids his age it's one of the highest levels. So that needs to be taken into consideration. He's been very solid for his club as well.

I think Mikel not dropping was silly, but dropping Oscar would be more than a little harsh at this juncture. I think if Chelsea can't turn it around by February or so, he definitely will deserve a -1, but he's a solid player in an underperforming team. What's more shocking to me honestly is Hazard not getting bumped down to 94, or Costa to 93...

Miki I'm undecided on; he was awful in his first 1.5-2 seasons at Dortmund, and somehow (probably correctly) avoided dropping to 90 over that time. He's been 92-level this season, but I can understand SM waiting a bit longer for him to earn it.

In other news, great to see this thread come back. Would be great to keep this thread for criminally underrated players, and the other one for the higher-end players who should've gotten +1 more or -1 less...

Pedro, I agree with half and disagree with half of what you've written.

I think Solanke is being given a raw deal, should've gotten to 80 for sure, but I think it's part of SM's new policy to raise players, even youngsters, slowly. Despite that, 80 was the right raise at a minimum imo.

Nevertheless, I think Saponjic was fine, probably a little generous by +2, but hard to say he didn't deserve; as someone else mentioned, he was an absolute star at the U20 World Cup, which Serbia won. People here don't seem to value these international competitions, but for kids his age it's one of the highest levels. So that needs to be taken into consideration. He's been very solid for his club as well.

I think Mikel not dropping was silly, but dropping Oscar would be more than a little harsh at this juncture. I think if Chelsea can't turn it around by February or so, he definitely will deserve a -1, but he's a solid player in an underperforming team. What's more shocking to me honestly is Hazard not getting bumped down to 94, or Costa to 93...

Miki I'm undecided on; he was awful in his first 1.5-2 seasons at Dortmund, and somehow (probably correctly) avoided dropping to 90 over that time. He's been 92-level this season, but I can understand SM waiting a bit longer for him to earn it.

In other news, great to see this thread come back. Would be great to keep this thread for criminally underrated players, and the other one for the higher-end players who should've gotten +1 more or -1 less...

This is interesting, you are right saying Mkhitaryan had a very bad 14/15 Bundes: this could be the reason he stays this review round. He can rise next if he continues to playing decently as he is doing this season. No doubt he's class player and potential 92+

I agree bolded words specially :lol:

Cheers!  :D

----------------

Mo, I get what you're saying.

But the inconsistency is blatant - SW seems to have no assessment criteria whatsoever.

Or at the very least they're all over the place in that department.

Saponjic didn't even start for Serbia in the under 20 WC, mate.  ;)

He sometimes came in as a sub for this muppet named Mandic.  :P

Oh dear, I just saw that Hazard didn't drop.  :huh:

Can someone give me 1  -just 1 - valid argument in favor of Hazard keeping his 95, while Lahm dropped to 94?

Then again I guess Hazard and Chelsea haven't been shocking this season...  :P

He shouldn't rise at 95 in summer review, easy, as I said Aguero too.. But Touré's age was 32...

So this time they drop older Cesc, Terry and Ivanovic...

And I'm not sure Yaya will keep his rating despite he is ever the key at City. We will see tomorrow.

Debatable Clyne and Martial +2 rise today too. I'd keep 89 and +1 to 88 respectively.

He shouldn't rise at 95 in summer review, easy, as I said Aguero too.. But Touré's age was 32...

So this time they drop older Cesc, Terry and Ivanovic...

And I'm not sure Yaya will keep his rating despite he is ever the key at City. We will see tomorrow.

Debatable Clyne and Martial +2 rise today too. I'd keep 89 and +1 to 88 respectively.

I reckon Aguero's rise was fair, but I agree with everything else you said.

They haven't reviewed City and Arsenal yet, have they?

Also, yet another inconsistency: how come Drinkwater rose and Morgan and Albrighton didn't?

EDIT: how on earth was I gonna forget this?

Lukaku not rising to 91 is a joke.  :eek:

I reckon Aguero's rise was fair, but I agree with everything else you said.

They haven't reviewed City and Arsenal yet, have they?

Also, yet another inconsistency: how come Drinkwater rose and Morgan and Albrighton didn't?

EDIT: how on earth was I gonna forget this?

Lukaku not rising to 91 is a joke.  :eek:

They reviewed both today with some important drop (Navas, Clichy, Demichelis, Nasri) and rise (Koscielny, De Bruyne).

Lukaku stays because Everton is not going very well atm. It's a squad matter.