SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

They reviewed both today with some important drop (Navas, Clichy, Demichelis, Nasri) and rise (Koscielny, De Bruyne).

Lukaku stays because Everton is not going very well atm. It's a squad matter.

That shouldn't be enough, mate.

Dortmund was crap last season, but Auba totally deserved to rise.

About yesterday's review:

1 - Kolarov not rising is pathetic;

2 - Sterling also deserved a +1;

3 - Bellerín should have risen too. His case was similar to Burki's. They both got a +1 earlier this season. They should have gotten another one in the mid-season review. Because, even if they hadn't risen already this season, they would have deserved a rise from 87 to 89 in the mid-season review;

4 - How Wilshere is still 91 rated is beyond me!!!  :eek:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By day he is a simple man, doing simple things but every now and then a hero is needed to stand up for the players who consistently rack up big minutes and don't rise. This thread is for the player

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them. It's

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating. With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly

Quite glad to see this wasn't deleted.

Only popped on to moan about Bastons measly +4 and Vezo not getting a rise.

Great to see Pedro keeping the fight going

It's my pleasure, Sir!

I also wanna moan: how on earth did Sergio Rico and Lux not rise?

Let's see here:

Butland got a +2, which I'm not saying is unfair.

Like Lux, he starts for his club.

But Depor are 6th in La Liga and Stoke are 11th in the Prem.

Butland has very few minutes of top flight senior football, especially when compared to Rico, who starts for Sevilla, having up over 3000 last season as well.

He played in the CL too.

Sevilla didn't qualify, simply because they were in the toughest CL group I can remember.

He finished 5th in La Liga, only 1 point behind 4th.

He won the Europa League.

Can anyone explain me the reasoning behind these reviews?

Plus, Tatarusanu and Areola also start for their clubs, which are performing domestically and in Europe.

And, having only gotten a +1, they're now as highly rated as Butland.

I reckon this Spanish review hasn't been that bad so far, but these inconsistencies are baffling.

Negredo not dropping is also mindboggling.

If there's one thing, I'm not, is unfair.

I already said on this forum that, despite criticising, I also know when to praise.

So let me just say: congratulations to SW on today's review!

It was top notch.

There's one particularly good decision, which was pretty bold (Navas getting a +2).

Why was it bold?

Because Real aren't having the best of seasons.

Regardless, they're still 1 of the 3 best clubs in the world.

Their defence has been making some awful mistakes this season and Navas saved their asses a bunch of times.

He's definitely been 1 of their best players this season.

If there's one thing, I'm not, is unfair.

I already said on this forum that, despite criticising, I also know when to praise.

So let me just say: congratulations to SW on today's review!

It was top notch.

There's one particularly good decision, which was pretty bold (Navas getting a +2).

Why was it bold?

Because Real aren't having the best of seasons.

Regardless, they're still 1 of the 3 best clubs in the world.

Their defence has been making some awful mistakes this season and Navas saved their asses a bunch of times.

He's definitely been 1 of their best players this season.

Good on you Pedro. I was also pleasantly surprised by Oblak's +2. I thought they'd definitely make him wait till July for another rise. He's deserving of his rating though.

• 2 weeks later...

I need someone to explain this to me because it is possibly the most infuriating rating change I've ever seen since I started playing this game.

How did Cyle Larin get only a +1!?!?!? You could make an argument for +8, but it's MLS so I didn't expect them to give him that. I didn't even expect +6, though he's already a player with far more quality than 98% of 83s in the game. But +4/+5 would've been fair, and +3 would've been harsh but possibly explainable by SM's slow-rise system.

But a freaking +1?! What, has SM decided that MLS is a purely garbage league that caps at 80 for non-DP players? Or does a player have to score 100 domestic goals before they hit 82 in MLS? And when did national team caps become worthless? Larin is arguably the best, or at least in the top 2, player playing for Canada, yet there are a host of 84s-86s that start for Canada. I'm not asking for him to get there yet, but +1? It's absolute lunacy.

I've already stopped renewing my GM, and I said I would be patient, but I'm reaching my breaking point. If SM does not get its act together with player ratings, SM economy, and start asking community members to have a role and take clear steps to implement feedback, I'm going to join the already significant exodus from this game. 

I need someone to explain this to me because it is possibly the most infuriating rating change I've ever seen since I started playing this game.

How did Cyle Larin get only a +1!?!?!? You could make an argument for +8, but it's MLS so I didn't expect them to give him that. I didn't even expect +6, though he's already a player with far more quality than 98% of 83s in the game. But +4/+5 would've been fair, and +3 would've been harsh but possibly explainable by SM's slow-rise system.

But a freaking +1?! What, has SM decided that MLS is a purely garbage league that caps at 80 for non-DP players? Or does a player have to score 100 domestic goals before they hit 82 in MLS? And when did national team caps become worthless? Larin is arguably the best, or at least in the top 2, player playing for Canada, yet there are a host of 84s-86s that start for Canada. I'm not asking for him to get there yet, but +1? It's absolute lunacy.

I've already stopped renewing my GM, and I said I would be patient, but I'm reaching my breaking point. If SM does not get its act together with player ratings, SM economy, and start asking community members to have a role and take clear steps to implement feedback, I'm going to join the already significant exodus from this game. 

Yeah, I was gonna hold on to Larin, but figured sth like this would happen.

Agree with you: a +3 would have been the absolute minimum, but a +5 would probably have been the fair rise.

The guy had almost 2000 minutes in MLS with a bunch of goals, plus some game time for Canada and idk if he played in the domestic cup too.

His case is very similar to Zampedri's, who was topscoorer in Argentina's 2nd division.

I mentioned his name on this thread, they gave him a measly +1 to 77.

I exposed the insanity of that review, then they gave him another +1.  :eek:

The guy should be 82/83 by now.

It's like they're taking a pish.  <_<

And a couple of years ago, this guy named Yusuf Erdogan got from 75 to 83 within a few months, with mediocre stats for some obscure club in Turkey's 2nd division.  :huh:

Anywho, still waiting for the Brazilian and Japanese reviews.

Certainly being the Série A topscorer is worth something.

Or then again, probably not, as by SW's standards, Ricardo Oliveira is a fossil...  :P

If we were talking about some "pretty boy" like Neymar, he would be given his much deserved +2 in no time.

And Marcelo Toscano, who (despite playing most of the season as winger) got 14 goals, 10 assists and over 3000 minutes of game time for América MG, that got promoted to Série A.

He moved to Jeju in South Korea, which is no excuse to deprive him of his much deserved +5.

Finally, still waiting for Fabinho Aguiar, Douglas and Carlos Eduardo's +5s...

Not reallly rating related, but worth a nag.

So I suggested a club name change in Soccerwiki: from Sporting Covilha to Sporting da Covilhã.

Obviously those inbreds rejected it.

So a word for the geniuses who rejected my submission:

I know 10 times more about football than all of you combined.

I'm Portuguese and I've actually been to COVILHÃ, not Covilha, you freakin' morons!

And the "da" means "from" - Sporting from Covilhã.

Bloody imbeciles...

EDIT: oh, and why on earth does the system only give me like 3 seconds to make some changes?

It's impossible to make lots of changes like that.

Plus, 80% of the time I read "this change is being voted or it already exists", it's false.

I can't put Benfica and Sporting as rivals, because it says that... and they haven't been listed as rivals in SW for almost a year!  :huh:

Not reallly rating related, but worth a nag.

So I suggested a club name change in Soccerwiki: from Sporting Covilha to Sporting da Covilhã.

Obviously those inbreds rejected it.

So a word for the geniuses who rejected my submission:

I know 10 times more about football than all of you combined.

I'm Portuguese and I've actually been to COVILHÃ, not Covilha, you freakin' morons!

And the "da" means "from" - Sporting from Covilhã.

Bloody imbeciles...

EDIT: oh, and why on earth does the system only give me like 3 seconds to make some changes?

It's impossible to make lots of changes like that.

Plus, 80% of the time I read "this change is being voted or it already exists", it's false.

I can't put Benfica and Sporting as rivals, because it says that... and they haven't been listed as rivals in SW for almost a year!  :huh:

Feel your pain Pedro.

I have tried so many times to add or edit something on Soccerwiki that is 100% genuine but had it rejected, from a player that has over 3000+ first team minutes to a coach that has been at a club for over 10 years to a club rival that is only 20 minutes drive away!

I have mentioned that Soccerwiki either needs to be revamped or gotten rid of completely many times. It has never worked and has been a detriment to the game.

Edit: Just searched for the player in question and he now has 5633 minutes of first team football and has played for his national side, yet is still not on the database!

Feel your pain Pedro.

I have tried so many times to add or edit something on Soccerwiki that is 100% genuine but had it rejected, from a player that has over 3000+ first team minutes to a coach that has been at a club for over 10 years to a club rival that is only 20 minutes drive away!

I have mentioned that Soccerwiki either needs to be revamped or gotten rid of completely many times. It has never worked and has been a detriment to the game.

Edit: Just searched for the player in question and he now has 5633 minutes of first team football and has played for his national side, yet is still not on the database!

As ludicrous as that situation is, mate, cases like those don't surprise me anymore.  <_<

SW has so many idiocies: the Gold Cup appears as a club competition at a global (instead of continental) scale, the European Championship is also listed as a World competition, as is Copa América, the UEFA Champions League and the Europa League.  :huh:

It's shambles. Someone submitted this inexistent Portuguese ref, whose name contains a Portuguese swearword and it got approved!  :eek:

And that ain't all: some muppet submitted a change, which consists on removing Spain as the Euro 2012 winner.  :P

It's being voted right now, actually.

Another muppet submitted a change, which contains AA Flamengo as the 2015 Brazilian Série A winner.

It's all too bad to be true.  B)

EDIT: Also, I often can't submit more than 1 change of the same kind (league winner, club details' change, etc) simultaneously.

I've noticed at least 5 Portuguese clubs with incorrect names, for example.

As ludicrous as that situation is, mate, cases like those don't surprise me anymore.  <_<

SW has so many idiocies: the Gold Cup appears as a club competition at a global (instead of continental) scale, the European Championship is also listed as a World competition, as is Copa América, the UEFA Champions League and the Europa League.  :huh:

It's shambles. Someone submitted this inexistent Portuguese ref, whose name contains a Portuguese swearword and it got approved!  :eek:

And that ain't all: some muppet submitted a change, which consists on removing Spain as the Euro 2012 winner.  :P

It's being voted right now, actually.

Another muppet submitted a change, which contains AA Flamengo as the 2015 Brazilian Série A winner.

It's all too bad to be true.  B)

EDIT: Also, I often can't submit more than 1 change of the same kind (league winner, club details' change, etc) simultaneously.

I've noticed at least 5 Portuguese clubs with incorrect names, for example.

Needs a massive revamp or replacing, Soccerwiki has never worked since its inception!

The worst part, Jamie, is that they couldn't care less about what the users think.

No wonder so many people have been leaving SM, totally exasperated with SW...  :(

Very true.

It feels like they only care about marketing the game to a very young audience, making it appear like a flashy game rather than concentrating on the substance and actually improving the game for regular users.

Very true.

It feels like they only care about marketing the game to a very young audience, making it appear like a flashy game rather than concentrating on the substance and actually improving the game for regular users.

But surely they realised tons of people have been leaving SM because of this, right?

I honestly don't get it.

But surely they realised tons of people have been leaving SM because of this, right?

I honestly don't get it.

I think they realised they messed up when they launched the new UI and a large proportion revolted against it. However I also think that the don't really care about the substance of the game and only care about attracting as many new users to the game as possible with flashy graphics, no matter how long they play the game for.

More clicks means more advertising revenue but is a short sighted way to run a business.

I think they realised they messed up when they launched the new UI and a large proportion revolted against it. However I also think that the don't really care about the substance of the game and only care about attracting as many new users to the game as possible with flashy graphics, no matter how long they play the game for.

More clicks means more advertising revenue but is a short sighted way to run a business.

Indeed, let's hope they take your advice!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No rise for Sam Larsson or Jerry St Juste of heerenveen?

Neither Heerenveen nor Sam Larsson have been good enough for Sam Larsson to get another raise in this review. If he keeps playing like he did vs Willem though, I imagine he'll definitely get to 86 by end of season. Juste should've gotten a +2 on minutes, though Heerenveen have been poor defensively, so that might be the reason he didn't.