SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By day he is a simple man, doing simple things but every now and then a hero is needed to stand up for the players who consistently rack up big minutes and don't rise. This thread is for the player

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them. It's

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating. With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly

I can only assure GAITAN rose due to so many consistent high levels of performance in Portugal, how many years there now? 5?

Jackson Martinez took 3 solid seasons to hit it, moved, and then look what happened. Portuguese league is like Holland

& you say yourself, the league is full of overpriced, overrated players haha!

Jonas - no way is he a 91.

Slimani 89 so far is fair. Never been as far as prolific in goalscoring until this season

Thats the thing, Slimani was 88. Jonas is 90. They dont rise in correlation. 

Other point is its only half a season.

Douglas Costa average at best? Last season? Thats a bit disrespectful.He showed for 5 years he was quality

Alex Teixeira is a class act, but to give 91 would be a joke in Ukraine, and considering he isnt even a full international. Plenty of Ukrainian players should be 90+ if Teixeira went up.

I can only assure GAITAN rose due to so many consistent high levels of performance in Portugal, how many years there now? 5?

Jackson Martinez took 3 solid seasons to hit it, moved, and then look what happened. Portuguese league is like Holland

& you say yourself, the league is full of overpriced, overrated players haha!

Jonas - no way is he a 91.

Slimani 89 so far is fair. Never been as far as prolific in goalscoring until this season

Thats the thing, Slimani was 88. Jonas is 90. They dont rise in correlation. 

Other point is its only half a season.

Douglas Costa average at best? Last season? Thats a bit disrespectful.He showed for 5 years he was quality

Alex Teixeira is a class act, but to give 91 would be a joke in Ukraine, and considering he isnt even a full international. Plenty of Ukrainian players should be 90+ if Teixeira went up.

Compare Douglas Costa and Teixeira's stats last season!  ;)

Teixeira was waaay better than him.

I watch almost every Benfica match.

When fit, Salvio is far superior to Gaitán.

Nico plays one great game, then has an abysmal one.

Which Ukranian players deserve the same rating as Teixeira?

Certainly not Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, the only ones I can think of, who are sort of close to his level.

In Ukraine, Costa and Kono and Yarmolenko never got close to Teixeira's level.

The Brazilian NT argument is invalid, sorry!

Brazil NT call-ups are a joke, based on player agent lobbyism.

I can think of tons of muppets who have played a fair amount of matches in a Brazil shirt.

One of them is Elias, who was atrocious in Europe (for Sporting), where football is played much quicker than in Brazil. 

Jonas is the best player in Portugal, period.

Totally deserves 91 and numbers don't lie: Gaitán's stats are nowhere near Jonas's.

Jonas is 31 and Gaitán 27, always being linked with Utd.

His rise is due to hype from ignorants, who don't watch 100+ Portuguese club games a season, like I do.

Since Jonas started featuring for Benfica, he's been a beast.

You take Jonas out of the equation for Benfica, they'd be battling for 4th place - best case scenario - with Braga.

I know it's mid-season, but SW has 2 criteria.

They're mostly conservative in these mid-season reviews.

Except for a few cases (youngsters, mostly), who are reviewed 3 times a season.

For instance, as good as Dele Alli has been, no way he deserves to be reviewed 3 times - only 2 so far, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna get another rise before Brenet - a season, while Brenet has gone almost 1 and a half season without a single review, having racked up practically 4500 minutes of game time, in relevant comps.

PS: the Portuguese league is better than the Dutch one.

Dutch clubs can't defend for crap.

With their means, Portuguese scouts and coaches do wonders.

I agree that, overall, the level is poor, but the money is very unevenly distributed, namely TV coverage revenues.

It's amiracle that Portugal was once 5th in the UEFA club ranking, above countries with much richer clubs, like France or Russia.

EDIT: I never said the league was FULL of overpriced players.

I said - and it's true - that there's usually a few of those players, mainly Latin American ones, who are worse than advertised.

Gaitán being one example, Herrera being another and Carrillo being a third one.

EDIT 2: You also have players, who moved from one top league to another, being great in one and rubbish in the other.

- Gervinho: crap in England, very good in Italy;

- Soldado: was great in Sapin, then moved to England and was shocking;

- Dzeko: great in Germany, average in England, disappointing (so far) in Italy.

- Immobile: was very good in Italy, crap in Germany and in Spain (so far);

- Filipe Luís: very good in Spain, average in England;

- Albiol: crap in Spain, pretty good in Italy;

- Cavani: great in Italy, somewhat disappointing in France (which I find an uncompetitive league);

- Kanouté and Alberto Moreno: much better in Spain than in England;

- Britos: considerably better in England than in Italy;

- Martial: being better in England, compared to France;

- Yaya Touré: much better in England than he ever was in Spain.

Then you have those odd cases, like Luís Fabiano, Caicedo, José Fonte and Vieirinha.

Fonte was always average at best in Portugal, but he's been quite good in England.

Fabiano was shocking in Portugal, yet he was impressive in Spain.

Caicedo was horrible here, yet he's shown some quality in Spain (same for Pinilla in Italy).

Ricardo Costa was average in Portugal and had a pretty good period in Germany and Spain.

Vieirinha was always disappointing in Portugal, compared to Germany.

Sorry for the essay!  :P

Compare Douglas Costa and Teixeira's stats last season.

Teixeira was waaay better than him.

I watch almost every Benfica match.

When fit, Salvio is far superior to Gaitán.

Nico plays one great game, then has an abysmal one.

Which Ukranian players deserve the same rating as Teixeira?

Certainly not Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, the only ones I can think of, who are sort of close to his level.

In Ukraine, Costa and Kono never got close to Teixeira's level.

The Brazilian NT argument is invalid, sorry!

Brazil NT call-ups are a joke, based on player agent lobbyism.

I can think of tons of muppets who have played a fair amount of matches in a Brazil shirt.

One of them is Elias, who was atrocious in Europe (for Sporting), where football is played much quicker than in Brazil. 

Jonas is the best player in Portugal, period.

Totally deserves 91 and numbers don't lie: Gaitán's stats are nowhere near Jonas's.

Jonas is 31 and Gaitán 27, always being linked with Utd.

His rise is due to hype from ignorants, who don't watch 100+ Portuguese club games a season, like I do.

Since Jonas started featuring for Benfica, he's been a beast.

You take Jonas out of the equation for Benfica, they'd be battling for 4th place - best case scenario - with Braga.

I know it's mid-season, but SW has 2 criteria.

They're mostly conservative in these mid-season reviews.

Except for a few cases (youngsters, mostly), who are reviewed 3 times a season.

For instance, as good as Dele Alli has been, no way he deserves to be reviewed 3 times - only 2 so far, but I'm pretty sure the following will happen - a season, while Brenet has gone almost 1 and a half season with a single review, having racked up practically 4500 of game time, in relevant comps.

PS: Portuguese league is better than the Dutch one.

Dutch clubs can't defend for crap.

With their means, Portuguese scouts and coaches work wonders.

I agree that, overall, the level is poor, but the money is very poorly distributed, namely TV coverage revenues.

It's amiracle that Portugal was once 5th in the UEFA club ranking, above countries with much richer clubs, like France or Russia.

EDIT: I never said the league was FULL of overpriced players.

I said and - it's true - that there's usually a few of those players, mainly South American ones, who are worse than advertised.

Gaitán being one example, Herrera being another and Carrillo being a third one.

Its cool to discuss things like this,

Yes Texeira scored more goals/stats but thats not all its measured on is it? Take the Portuguese league, Yacine Brahimi, not a goalscorer, reached 91 through sheer quality as a playmaking winger for the past 4 seasons, much alike Douglas Costa.

As for Ukraine, Rakitskiy would fall into this bracket. But its the Ukraine league rises beyond 89 are going to be very rare. Yarmo & Kono have there international experience to further justify there higher rating, Alex Teixiera has no national team exposure therefore lessening his chances whilst in Ukraine - but now he seems to be off to China! If he scores 25 goals there are we having the same conversation? Probably not, because its the Chinese League

you show plenty of passions thats for sure but you miss my point. Jonas is 90 already, would he go to the same level as Jackson Martinez or Oscar Cardozo? his last ten goals are against what id deem as weak opposition, a goal is a goal but the quality of sides up against like Moreirense, Arouca, Nacional, Maritimo, Rio Ave....Its not like getting hattricks v Porto or Sporting

you keep saying 'stats' what stats? Whats stats are putting Jonas over Gaitan? even though they play different positions and difference roles in there side?? You cant just say goals, assists or minutes.. I dont watch Gaitan like you do but looking at 'stats' he has been a first XI player for Benfica consistently for 5 seasons, so he should be one of the highest rated players at the club, no? There certainly isnt any 'hype' around him from English media, i cant say i heard his name mentioned at all during the last transfer window.

Elias etc arent 90. Hes 88? And trust me i thoroughly cover Brazilian football, player agent lobbyism was a thing of the past. Players do get overlooked but the likes of Jonas cant even make a Brazil side that has a lack of CF.

Of course Dele Alli deserves to rise and rise - he came from the 3rd tier of English football to take the Premiership by storm in less than six months, he should be 88 already,

i cant say the same high standard of performances from Josh Brenet but yes he has been overlooked but at least you know he will get his 86/87 by the end of the season?

PS i never said either league was better, IMO the are the same in the context that lots of player excel in them then move to the major leagues and are shown to be very over-hyped. I can pick plenty of examples from Portugal & Holland - as im sure you can too. Jackson Martinez & Memphis Depay the latest.

Always good to debate opinions about these things

Its cool to discuss things like this,

Yes Texeira scored more goals/stats but thats not all its measured on is it? Take the Portuguese league, Yacine Brahimi, not a goalscorer, reached 91 through sheer quality as a playmaking winger for the past 4 seasons, much alike Douglas Costa.

As for Ukraine, Rakitskiy would fall into this bracket. But its the Ukraine league rises beyond 89 are going to be very rare. Yarmo & Kono have there international experience to further justify there higher rating, Alex Teixiera has no national team exposure therefore lessening his chances whilst in Ukraine - but now he seems to be off to China! If he scores 25 goals there are we having the same conversation? Probably not, because its the Chinese League

you show plenty of passions thats for sure but you miss my point. Jonas is 90 already, would he go to the same level as Jackson Martinez or Oscar Cardozo? his last ten goals are against what id deem as weak opposition, a goal is a goal but the quality of sides up against like Moreirense, Arouca, Nacional, Maritimo, Rio Ave....Its not like getting hattricks v Porto or Sporting

you keep saying 'stats' what stats? Whats stats are putting Jonas over Gaitan? even though they play different positions and difference roles in there side?? You cant just say goals, assists or minutes.. I dont watch Gaitan like you do but looking at 'stats' he has been a first XI player for Benfica consistently for 5 seasons, so he should be one of the highest rated players at the club, no? There certainly isnt any 'hype' around him from English media, i cant say i heard his name mentioned at all during the last transfer window.

Elias etc arent 90. Hes 88? And trust me i thoroughly cover Brazilian football, player agent lobbyism was a thing of the past. Players do get overlooked but the likes of Jonas cant even make a Brazil side that has a lack of CF.

Of course Dele Alli deserves to rise and rise - he came from the 3rd tier of English football to take the Premiership by storm in less than six months, he should be 88 already,

i cant say the same high standard of performances from Josh Brenet but yes he has been overlooked but at least you know he will get his 86/87 by the end of the season?

PS i never said either league was better, IMO the are the same in the context that lots of player excel in them then move to the major leagues and are shown to be very over-hyped. I can pick plenty of examples from Portugal & Holland - as im sure you can too. Jackson Martinez & Memphis Depay the latest.

Always good to debate opinions about these things

1 - I didn't know Brahini had reached 91.

Totally undeserved. He's individualistic as hell.

And his stats (what are we basing the ratings on then?) and performance level, like Gaitán's, have been nowhere near Jonas's.

I know they don't play in the same position, but the 3 of them are offensive players, so offensive stats (goals and assists) must be taken into serious consideration.

Jonas destroys both Brahimi and Gaitán, as far as offensive stats are concerned.

Plus, Jonas ain't even a pure striker; he's more of a false 9, always moving around to get the ball.

2 - I mentioned Elias, to show you that Brazilian NT call-ups are a joke. His rating has nothing to do with it. Therefore, using the NT argument on Teixeira's detriment is pretty sketchy.

No way in hell Rakitskiy is as good a CB, as Teixeira is an AM. Not even close.

If he does move to China, his goals will be worth a lot less, of course; come on, I'm not an idiot...  :)

3 - I'm aware you're quite familiar with Brazilian football.

Even if there wasn't any more agent lobbyism (and let's not be naive here  ;)), the fact that Jonas doesn't start at CF for Brazil, given their top striker shortage, is only another proof that Dunga is an idiot.

4 - I know the Portuguese league is light years away from the Prem, La Liga, etc.

Obviously there's loads of players, who were terrific here and crap in bigger leagues.

It's the opposite that shouldn't happen.

That is actaully linked with the Brenet-Alli topic.

No sane person would compare the Eredivisie with the Prem, as far as quality is concerned.

That was not my point.

I just wanted to say that, if you're reviewing players 3 times per season, you simply can't overlook cases like Brenet's.

It's plain unfair. 

And agreed - it's always interesting to have this sort of debates!

EDIT: what an imbecile (Teixeira), if he indeed goes to China!

Could move to a top European club.

Possibly even earn as much or more cash, not even counting his future career perspectives.

EDIT 2: apparently it's confirmed!  :eek:

Pedro, mark my words, while many top players have moved to China before, they have hardly lasted more than a year. I suspect this is a way for Shakhtar to get the highest price they can for Teixeira, the player earns himself a whole load of money and in the summer the loss the Chinese team will incur on Teixeira should be off set from what he will give them on pitch. Win-win for all really, he's overgrown Ukraine and this is a chance to earn money.

Although I still wouldn't have moved to China. Poor Disastrous air quality, weird food and the players are hardly a test for him. He'll run through the league, I'm sure. Probably didn't see the massive crowd for Ramires's debut the previous day.

China have always lured one or two but this huge influx for me could represent a significant shift. I will take alot to get anywhere near the European establishment, but with economy, numer of potential fans etc, China hasthe raw potential (although it is hard to see form here) to become a megapower in football. They just grabbed Ramires, Gervinho, Texeira and a few other names i cant grasp at this second to add to the likes of more aged stars like Tim Cahill in teh past. MLS/A-league and China have always grabbed your Henry/Gerrard/Cahills, but now they are plucking players in relative primes. And if China puts its mind and money too it.... I'm just saying. England for example rubbish NT for a long time but its league is the best in the world in terms of who it attracts, tv audience etc. England isnt a MASSIVE country, and ok it is a football one pure as pure it stands to show China doesnt need to be an establsihed National powerhouse to make a powerful league. The MLS has come along way, and China can do anything the U.S does bigger and better. I went a bit longer here than i intended with the block of text, but it does make you wonder what china can do if they really nialed it.

Anyhow a littel off topic.

Back to raging about stiffed SM ratings lads

Peace

China have always lured one or two but this huge influx for me could represent a significant shift. I will take alot to get anywhere near the European establishment, but with economy, numer of potential fans etc, China hasthe raw potential (although it is hard to see form here) to become a megapower in football. They just grabbed Ramires, Gervinho, Texeira and a few other names i cant grasp at this second to add to the likes of more aged stars like Tim Cahill in teh past. MLS/A-league and China have always grabbed your Henry/Gerrard/Cahills, but now they are plucking players in relative primes. And if China puts its mind and money too it.... I'm just saying. England for example rubbish NT for a long time but its league is the best in the world in terms of who it attracts, tv audience etc. England isnt a MASSIVE country, and ok it is a football one pure as pure it stands to show China doesnt need to be an establsihed National powerhouse to make a powerful league. The MLS has come along way, and China can do anything the U.S does bigger and better. I went a bit longer here than i intended with the block of text, but it does make you wonder what china can do if they really nialed it.

Anyhow a littel off topic.

Back to raging about stiffed SM ratings lads

Peace

So China Super League is now Brazil Seria A and Brazil Seria A is now Brazil Seria B no but seriously if the trend continues for a few 2-3 years I'll probably starting watching the Chinese league. 

As for Portugal ratings Brahimi fell off I don't think he deserved the 91 and glad Slimani never moved he's a joy to watch and I hate the BPL although he as well was linked to a big money move to China. 

Some good points, lads,

I had thought about Teixeira leaving China after a season or so.

But even then, I don't get it.

I'm sure he was already earning a fortune at Shakhtar.

Plus, Ukraine has a much better league than China.

I'm sure his future career perspectives would be improved, had he stayed at Shakhtar.

I'm sure a top European club would eventually pick him up.

Yes, those economicly robust countries can become football superpowers one day.

But for someone who supposedly wants to be an eltie footballer, I really don't think a spell in China - despite that country's football potential for growth - is the right move.

Even if Teixeira wants to end up eating caviar, sitting on a golden toilet :P, staying in Ukraine, till moving to an European shark, would almost certianly pay off in the long run.

After he leaves China, I seriously doubt that a top European club will pay a pretty penny for him.

1 - I didn't know Brahini had reached 91.

Totally undeserved. He's individualistic as hell.

And his stats (what are we basing the ratings on then?) and performance level, like Gaitán's, have been nowhere near Jonas's.

I know they don't play in the same position, but the 3 of them are offensive players, so offensive stats (goals and assists) must be taken into serious consideration.

Jonas destroys both Brahimi and Gaitán, as far as offensive stats are concerned.

Plus, Jonas ain't even a pure striker; he's more of a false 9, always moving around to get the ball.

2 - I mentioned Elias, to show you that Brazilian NT call-ups are a joke. His rating has nothing to do with it. Therefore, using the NT argument on Teixeira's detriment is pretty sketchy.

No way in hell Rakitskiy is as good a CB, as Teixeira is an AM. Not even close.

If he does move to China, his goals will be worth a lot less, of course; come on, I'm not an idiot...  :)

I asked the same opinion of a Porto fan, he said Brahimi was fully deserving a 91 yet it was unexpected, club bias eh? haha. But Brahimi has been class for 4 seasons now, maybe not as much this but he was brilliant last year and for Granada. 

My point about Rakitskiy is that he is proven winner at club level, plays CL & Internationally as established at Yarmo & Konop. But as its Ukraine he will be held back, same goes from other CBs like Khaceridi. 

Pedro, mark my words, while many top players have moved to China before, they have hardly lasted more than a year. I suspect this is a way for Shakhtar to get the highest price they can for Teixeira, the player earns himself a whole load of money and in the summer the loss the Chinese team will incur on Teixeira should be off set from what he will give them on pitch. Win-win for all really, he's overgrown Ukraine and this is a chance to earn money.

Although I still wouldn't have moved to China. Poor Disastrous air quality, weird food and the players are hardly a test for him. He'll run through the league, I'm sure. Probably didn't see the massive crowd for Ramires's debut the previous day.

Also note, Alex Teixeira is 26. He is running out of time for a move to Europe. He is in his pomp yet the bids werent coming in?

Its been said the far east culture is far more easier for Brazilians to adapt too, but going from Ukraine im sure he was pretty acclimatised to Europe!

Some top players come back, but others - Elkeson for example, is the crown jewel of the league. Elkeson was primed for a European move but went to China. And has dominated goal scoring. How he has eluded a Brazil call up is ridiculous.

As Cam has said, this could be the beginning of the growth of the Chinese Super League, foreign players are capped but as the standard grows this will probably be adjusted, much alike the MLS rules.

I asked the same opinion of a Porto fan, he said Brahimi was fully deserving a 91 yet it was unexpected, club bias eh? haha. But Brahimi has been class for 4 seasons now, maybe not as much this but he was brilliant last year and for Granada. 

My point about Rakitskiy is that he is proven winner at club level, plays CL & Internationally as established at Yarmo & Konop. But as its Ukraine he will be held back, same goes from other CBs like Khaceridi. 

Obviously club bias.

Porto has been rubbish this season, none of their players deserves to be 91 rated.

Brahimi has been rising way too easily at Porto.

Porto still has the best sqaud in Portugal, which simply doesn't reflect reality.

Benfica were champions the last 2 seasons and, in this one, it ain't looking too good for Porto either.

Same for Herrera, who doesn't deserve to be 90 rated.

I don't rate Khacheridi, at all.

Anyway, this is all pointless now, as Teixeira did move to China.

So apparently AA Flamengo won the 2015 Brazilian Série A.  :D  :D  :D

That's what it says on SW anyways.  B)

Last time I checked the voting, there were 56 votes.

Which means: at least 29 muppets voted for that submission's approval.  :P

And then people wonder why the ratings are shambles.

With idiots like these being able to vote on player ratings, one can't expect excellence.

So apparently AA Flamengo won the 2015 Brazilian Série A.  :D  :D  :D

That's what it says on SW anyways.  B)

Last time I checked the voting, there were 56 votes.

Which means: at least 29 muppets voted for that submission's approval.  :P

And then people wonder why the ratings are shambles.

With idiots like these being able to vote on player ratings, one can't expect excellence.

Pedro, you cant vote on ratings

Then what's that up/down feature, on a player's page?

Surely it's for voting if a player's rating should rise or drop. ;)

you can click it up, then down again. so does that mean no change. its just there for show it does nothing.

you get a message thats it.

doesnt go on voting page > there is none

it isnt even logged on your own SW activity feed.

even before when you could pick a number up to - or +5 in a rating change - did nothing.

ive stressed this for years and years but no one seems to listen or just ignored me whan im giving the answer. I dealt with data submissions via the admin board (which has now disappeared) was always very glitchy for the likes of cup/league winners, rivals, compeption data, but the player stuff always worked and i can 110% assure you ratings cannot be altered/edited/block voted.

you can click it up, then down again. so does that mean no change. its just there for show it does nothing.

you get a message thats it.

doesnt go on voting page > there is none

it isnt even logged on your own SW activity feed.

even before when you could pick a number up to - or +5 in a rating change - did nothing.

ive stressed this for years and years but no one seems to listen or just ignored me whan im giving the answer. I dealt with data submissions via the admin board (which has now disappeared) was always very glitchy for the likes of cup/league winners, rivals, compeption data, but the player stuff always worked and i can 110% assure you ratings cannot be altered/edited/block voted.

Then it's deceptive, mate.

It shouldn't be there.

Cheers for the info btw, it's the 1st time I've heard this.